Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ghost in Hampton Court caught on tape!

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i dont know if this was posted already, but i thought this was interesting.
"Closed-circuit security cameras at Hampton Court Palace, the huge Tudor castle outside London, seem to have snagged an ethereal visitor. Could it be a ghost?

Were baffled too its not a joke, we havent manufactured it, said Vikki Wood, a Hampton Court spokeswoman, when asked if the photo the palace released was a Christmas hoax. We genuinely dont know who it is or what it is."
www.msnbc.msn.com...
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031219/ap_on_re_eu/ghostly_goings_on_2
www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by AlienS]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yeah it was posted already. Looks very interesting. Don't know if it has been debunked yet or not. Only a matter of time before the argument begins: it's real, not it's not, it's real, no it's...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's probably fake, but it's always nice when ghost stories get into the mainstream media. I still want a link to the video!

any

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zodiac
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's probably fake, but it's always nice when ghost stories get into the mainstream media. I still want a link to the video!

Probably fake?
How exactly was it faked then?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's a ghost alright, cause I couldn't close my browser window with the pic lol

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Very Cool! It looks a lot like the ghost that i woke up to one morning only a few feet away from me. It was as real as any physical object, and the creepy part was i wasnt the only one who'd seen him before.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by any
Probably fake?

Wha? In order for me to think it's probably fake I have to come up with exactly how it was faked? I didn't say it WAS fake, I said it probably is, seeing as most things are hoaxes.

I've only seen the picture, I haven't seen a video, but my first judgement is going to be; probably fake. You can't just see one picture and say 'omg its reel lol', there are skilled people that can produce that kind of stuff.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by Zodiac]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The main reason I think it's a hoax is that only a stupid ghost would let itself be filmed.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If only Scooby Doo and the gang were real...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If only Scooby Doo and the gang were real...

I saw the picture. I'm confused. Isn't it impossible to take a picture of a ghost? Or am I confusing that with pics and reflections of vampires?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, Vampires don't cast reflections, I don't know about the picture thing.. unless you're taking a picture of a vampires reflection in a mirror..

There have been figures, orbs, blurs, and all of that on film.. i don't know about a clear cut ghost. I wouldn't say it's impossible, though.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There was a picture of a ghostly royal figure in an archway. I was like.. what the....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by any
Probably fake?

Wha? In order for me to think it's probably fake I have to come up with exactly how it was faked? I didn't say it WAS fake, I said it probably is, seeing as most things are hoaxes.

I've only seen the picture, I haven't seen a video, but my first judgement is going to be; probably fake. You can't just see one picture and say 'omg its reel lol', there are skilled people that can produce that kind of stuff.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by Zodiac]

They showed the CCTV footage on TV a couple of days back. The 'ghost' physically grabs the firedoors and pulls them shut, exactly the same as a 'real person' would. Looked to me like someone in a costume. There was nothing ghostly atall about the figure, it appeared to be 100% solid and 3 dimensional.

It was the most unghostly ghost footage I've ever seen, and the ONLY thing keeping any doubt afloat about this situation whatsoever is the security guard who says there was no-one else there.

Taken 100% on it's own merits I'm pretty sure every one here who saw it would agree that the footage was not a ghost atall. Factor in one security guard's statement and the entire thing changes. I don't know about anywhere else in the world, but in the UK Security guards are notoriously low paid for extremely long or unsociable hours. It's a form of employment with no job-satisfaction and virtually zero prospect of any kind of advancement. You could hardly blame the guy if it turns out he's having a laugh can you?

new topics

top topics

join