It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Want *PROOF* of a Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, this isn't a smoking gun or a bloody glove, but it's is about as close as you're going to get. Take time to read this and connect the dots.

1) Sandy Berger Pleads Guilty to Destroying 9/11 Documents

Sandy Berger was Clinton's National Security Advisor while al-Qaeda was allegedly planning 9/11. Berger made a trip to the National Archives before his testimony in front of the 9/11 Commission and stuffed papers in his pants and hid them under a trailer outside so he could snatch them and take them home later. Berger shredded these docs.

Here's the story from CNN....

www.cnn.com...

But this is old news, right? Keep reading...

2) Berger Gets Slap on the Wrist, Then Hires 9/11 Commission Co-Chair Lee Hamilton

Berger founded a consulting company in May, 2001 called Stonebridge International. Stonebridge specializes in pulling strings to get deals done overseas for big business. I'll post some examples at the bottom of this post.

Berger was given a slap on the wrist for stealing and destroying documents from the National Archives relating to 9/11. If you notice the CNN story, the reason he was given the slap on the wrist is because the 9/11 Commission somehow determined that Berger didn't obstruct their investigation.

As a reminder, Lee Hamilton was co-chair of the 9/11 Committee. So guess who's working for Berger at Stonebridge now?

Lee Hamilton.

Here's the press release:

So now the guy who co-chaired the Commission who should have been outraged that Berger stole and destroyed documents from the National Archives relating to 9/11 is given a job by Berger? Or is he just going to collect a salary as an "advisor"?

3) Stonebridge is Run By the Most Connected People in the World

So who else works for Stonebridge? Just how "connected" is this company?

Let's start with H.P. Goldfield, Chairman of Stonebridge. Goldfield has been a Republican operative for a long time, going all the way back to Bush Sr. and Reagan. One of his specialties is the Middle East. He also worked the Bush-Cheney campaign in 2000.

Next is Anthony Harrington, President and co-founder of Stonebridge. Harrington served as the Chairman of the President's Intelligence Board, and founded the 4th largest U.S. long distance company. I wonder if this company was involved in turning over private phone records to the feds? Harrignton has deep connections to the U.S. intelligence community.

And let's not leave out Roger Altman, former Deputy Treasury Secretary and head of Lehman Brothers investment banking. Also, for what it's worth, Altman is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

4) Stonebridge Hires Raytheon Director

So just what is Stonebridge's area of expertice? According to their website, aerospace and defense is one of their specialities.

Of course that's probably because Warren Rudman is also part of Stonebridge. Rudman is on the board of Raytheon. Rudman was also Chairman of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board and Co-Chair of the U.S. Commission on National Security. Coincidentally, Rudman is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

By the way, Rudman joined Stonebridge on Dec. 7, 2001.

Is this a coincidence or a symbolic statement??

Summary

So in summary, former Clinton National Security Advisor Sandy Berger steals and destroys documents relating to 9/11 and gets away with it, and hires the head of the 9/11 Commission to work for his multi-million dollar consulting company.

This company includes cronies from both the Bush and Clinton administration, the U.S. intelligence community, investment banks, and Raytheon.

Why doesn't the main stram media cover this stuff?

Simple. Because they're run by the same inner circle of people who work with companies like Stonebridge.

And for all of you who trust what the government tells you, keep this in mind -Stonebridge IS our government.

You can either choose to wake up or stay in the media induced trance.

Check out some of Stonebridge's case studies...

Need to acquire strategic manufacturing facilities in Russia? Let the dudes from Stonebridge twist some arms and pay some people off for you...

Owe somebody a lot of money? Let Stonebridge start a "quiet campaign" and grease some palms along the way...

Own a chemical company and want to bypass government regulators? Stonebridge will run a propaganda campaign for you!

You want to cut a deal with the Chinese government? Then Stonebridge is your company! (Didn't Berger look the other way when the Chinese stole plans on how to build nukes?)

www.stonebridge-international.com...

[edit on 25-2-2007 by nick7261]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Great post Nick! One liners or not, I still feel compelled to compliment you on your good research. The puzzle is starting to come together.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
Great post Nick! One liners or not, I still feel compelled to compliment you on your good research. The puzzle is starting to come together.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

Thanks!!! I spend time on this because I want people to be educated as to what is really going on. The media isn't going to talk about this.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nick -

Great stuff that actually was reported by MSNBC and other News agencies.... remember... media will only report it if its sexy. This wasn't in the news but one day.

This I have always believed was where the conspiracy is. What did we know? What did we F-up on? Why did both Bush and Clinton cover up things? Was it a plan? Was is documentation to show their short falls?

What it does though, is prove (IMO) that the past two administrations failed in protecting the United States citizens.

If CTers would just concentrate on REAL stuff like this and not SPACE BEAMS , Hollograms, and Planted Light Poles.

Again... thanks for all the info.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OK so Berger destroyed some documents and is working with a member of the 9/11 commission and makes international deals.

Which conspiracy is this proof of? That the 9/11 commission covered something up? Or are you saying 9/11 was an inside job?

It is excellent research, but I'm not sure where you’re going with this.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Let's compare Sandy Berg(l)er to Scooter Libby.

Sandy Berg(l)er, on orders from (D) Bill Clinton, steals documents out of the National Archives and gets fined $50,000.

Scooter Libby working for (R) Dick Cheney allegedly outs an low level CIA agent and he is faces 25 years in jail.

There is something strange about this?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Sandy Berg(l)er, on orders from (D) Bill Clinton, steals documents out of the National Archives and gets fined $50,000.

Scooter Libby working for (R) Dick Cheney allegedly outs an low level CIA agent and he is faces 25 years in jail.

Good question... IS there anyone that knows what was on the documents that were stolen and destroyed? Since it was considered classified...I doubt we will know.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox

This I have always believed was where the conspiracy is. What did we know? What did we F-up on? Why did both Bush and Clinton cover up things? Was it a plan? Was is documentation to show their short falls?

I have a funny feeling if you or I stole documents from the National Archives and destroyed them, we'd at least spend a night in jail, don't ya think?

Yes, the *real* conspiracy must involve *real* people and who they hang out with. Remember two years ago the Clinton's spent the 4th of July with Bush Sr. in Maine?

Why DID both Bush and Clinton cover-up things? WHAT did they cover-up?

What it does though, is prove (IMO) that the past two administrations failed in protecting the United States citizens.

I think 9/11 proved that as well. What it also proves, imo, is that the RepubliCrat political machinery in Washington is so corrupt, so incestuous, and so brazenly arrogant that they don't even care about doing things in secret anymore.

If CTers would just concentrate on REAL stuff like this and not SPACE BEAMS , Hollograms, and Planted Light Poles.

Yes, this is where CTers must start. This stuff is real and verifiable. It's beyong dispute.

Again... thanks for all the info.

You're welcome!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
OK so Berger destroyed some documents and is working with a member of the 9/11 commission and makes international deals.

Destroyed some documents? Are you serious?

Berger was called before the 9/11 Commission to testify about his knowledge of al-Qaeda, and what specifically he did as National Security Advisor for President Clinton re al-Qaeda. Berger went into the National Archives and removed documents relating to 9/11. He destroyed these documents.

Lee Hamilton was in charge of the 9/11 Commission. Hamiliton and the 9/11 Commission let Berger off the hook by saying they didn't need the documents he stole and destroyed.

Berger isn't just working with Hamilton, Berger HIRED Hamilton to be an advisor to Berger's multi-million dollar consulting company. This company is run by Berger, along with a variety of former high ranking members of both the Bush and Clinton administrations.

Which conspiracy is this proof of? That the 9/11 commission covered something up? Or are you saying 9/11 was an inside job?

Let's put it this way... Scott Peterson was sentenced to *death* for killing his wife based on less circumstantial evidence than this.

The fact is that the *proof* was destroyed by Berger and covered-up in part by Hamilton. We'll never know what documents Berger destroyed, or what information was contained in those documents.

And by pleading guilty and getting a slap on the wrist, we were never even afforded a trial to see the details of why Berger stole the documents. Who told him to do this? Who esle is involved?

It is excellent research, but I'm not sure where you’re going with this.

Ok, let's start here.

* The Congress created the 9/11 Commission, and Lee Hamilton was one of the Co-Chairs. His job was to investigate how 19 arab terrorists, under the command of bin Laden, were able to pull of 9/11.

* Berger was National Security Advisor to President Clinton during almost the entire time that these 19 arabs were planning the 9/11 attack. Berger's job was to prevent attacks like 9/11.

* Berger stole evidence relating to 9/11 and destroyed it. Rather than going to jail for this, he pled guilty and everybody, including Lee Hamilton, just looked the other way. Berger even thanked the 9/11 Commission for not hammering him for this.

* Hamilton then is paid by Berger's company to be a consultant.

What this shows is that the people in charge of defending against 9/11 (Berger) and the people in charge of investigating what happened on 9/11 (Hamilton) are in bed together, and therefore it is impossible to conclude that an unbiased and proper investigation took place.

Now they're both getting paid from companies who are profiting from the attacks on 9/11, which Berger and his office failed to prevent, and which Hamilton and his Commission failed to properly investigate.

This would be like Marcia Clark going into business with O.J. Simpson after the trial was over. And you don't see anything at the very least unethical about this?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
very good thread, excellent work, you should try sending it to various journalists or newspapers etc, I know most mainstream media are unlikely to touch it, but maybe it will fall into the tright hands, and of course there are many other smaller newspapers, radio etc that will welcome this story. Maybe worth sending it to investigative Greg Palast too, www.gregpalast.com
It is great that ATS can air such stories. The next step is to bring this story to as much public attention as possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
very good thread, excellent work, you should try sending it to various journalists or newspapers etc, I know most mainstream media are unlikely to touch it, but maybe it will fall into the tright hands, and of course there are many other smaller newspapers, radio etc that will welcome this story. Maybe worth sending it to investigative Greg Palast too, www.gregpalast.com
It is great that ATS can air such stories. The next step is to bring this story to as much public attention as possible.

Thanks!

Feel free to send it to anybody you think would be interested.

Also, one more thing I found... check out this story from CNN. Not only did Berger steal and destroy the documents, Berger was *specifically chosen* to be the ONE person from the Clinton Administration to review the 9/11 docs that the 9/11 Commission requested.

Also, I'd like to know who at the Justice Dept. agreed to the plea deal.

www.cnn.com...

To put this in perspective, the same Bush Justice Dept. that let Berger walk put this woman in jail for 5 months for just lying about where she got money to bail her boyfriend out of jail:

[edit on 25-2-2007 by nick7261]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

No, Libby is charged with lying under oath, not outing a CIA agent. Valerie Plame wasn't undercover at the time.

But your point is well taken. Berger lied about taking the documents. Martha Stewart got jail time for lying about a small dollar value stock trade. Berger steals and destroys classified documents relating to his testimony in front of the 9/11 Commission and he gets probation.

Now he's in business with Lee Hamilton, Co-Chair of the 9/11 Commission.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thank you Nick, more solid work! We have at least one solid, active researcher here and that's encouraging. I kew about this from when it happened, but did not know he was THE representative for Clinton Admin. "failures." Nor did I know the Stonebridge thing. This is ordinary political cronyism of course, but in such a non-ordinary case, it stands out. Docs destroyed, evidence lost is unknown. The system doesn't seem to mind, wants it covered up. Yes indeed, bi-partian deceit.

or... get this, this is my niche: If it was totally part of the plan to have this info covered up, why did it ever wind up in the archives where Berger had to get all Indy Jones and smuggle it back out? Why not simply keep it off-record? Perhaps the 'plan" was less precise than I suspect. This in a way makes it look like they're less in control, more like an ad hoc plan or no plan at all that had loose ends laying around to clean up. Did Berger do this to create such a sense of haplessness? Is the actual papers he took home maybe irrelevant? I dunno, worth a thought...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
Destroyed some documents? Are you serious?

I was just stating the points in the order you presented them and I can see how the way I wrote it might give the impression that I didn’t think of it as a serious crime, which it is, I was simply stating your points.

What this shows is that the people in charge of defending against 9/11 (Berger) and the people in charge of investigating what happened on 9/11 (Hamilton) are in bed together, and therefore it is impossible to conclude that an unbiased and proper investigation took place.

OK, that answers my question. With all the theories in this forum, it helps to state what theory your addressing.

And you don't see anything at the very least unethical about this?

I didn’t say that. I was just wondering what conspiracy you were referring to.

I understand now what you are saying and I agree these corporate cowboys are collaborating and there are obvious conflict of interests. I would say that war profiteering is the motivation for the WOT and I think it should be made illegal. That is the only way to stop what is going on. The only thing these people care about is money and corporate profits, and the security of this country is the last thing on their minds.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic

or... get this, this is my niche: If it was totally part of the plan to have this info covered up, why did it ever wind up in the archives where Berger had to get all Indy Jones and smuggle it back out? Why not simply keep it off-record? Perhaps the 'plan" was less precise than I suspect. This in a way makes it look like they're less in control, more like an ad hoc plan or no plan at all that had loose ends laying around to clean up. Did Berger do this to create such a sense of haplessness? Is the actual papers he took home maybe irrelevant? I dunno, worth a thought...

I like how you think...

It was either a screw up, or an intentional screw up. Who knows?

Either way, there's some serious bs going on here. Berger is hand-picked to take the fall for snatching the docs, and then he's allowed to walk by the Bush Justice Dept. Then Berger hires Hamilton??

By the way, there's also the related topic of Berger's involvement in directing the investigation of the Flight 800 crash away from it being a missile and towards it being a fluke accident. But that's for another thread...

PS I think it would be a smart bet to find one of those online gambling sites that allow you to bet on politics and put as much money as you can right now on Hillary Clinton in '08.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Great post!
Very informative! Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Good question... IS there anyone that knows what was on the documents that were stolen and destroyed? Since it was considered classified...I doubt we will know.

Good question. Here are a few accounts that I found describing the documents that Berger took.

www.cnn.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

So, the documents in question appear to be copies of an "after-action review" that details the Clinton administration's attempts to counter terrorist activites during the millenium celebration. Supposedly, the documents contained a lot of details about the administration's awareness of the threat of attacks on American soil.

The CNN article states that the theft of these documents is a misdemeanor and carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. All of the articles seem to agree that Mr. Berger was fined $10,000 and that he lost his security clearence fo a period of three years.

How can the theft of secret government documents be treated as a misdemeanor? I'm no expert on legal matters, but shouldn't stealing and the destroying stuff like this be treated more like treason?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You have voted nick7261 for the Way Above Top Secret award

Hey great post Nick..Good research.. At last someone has found the real conspiracy or one that I can believe in anyway..I think the real conspiracy is our government screwed up real bad..I think there were many mistakes made by many people.. Over a period of at least the last couple administrations.. We got caught with our pants down..A couple dozen terrorists made the worlds superpower look like a bunch of idiots.. Exposing the fact that our government wasn't capable of protecting us on our own soil..The truth is if it happened again tomorrow we probably wouldn't fair much better..Look at how unprepared we were for Hurricane Katrina..Maybe we need to make sure were protected here at home first before we go around pissing off the rest of the world...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by savage99

So, the documents in question appear to be copies of an "after-action review" that details the Clinton administration's attempts to counter terrorist activites during the millenium celebration. Supposedly, the documents contained a lot of details about the administration's awareness of the threat of attacks on American soil.

The problem to me is that with such a high level of corruption and conflicts of interests, nobody can know for sure what Berger really took -especially since the Justice Dept. let him off the hook without a trial.

The CNN article states that the theft of these documents is a misdemeanor and carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. All of the articles seem to agree that Mr. Berger was fined $10,000 and that he lost his security clearence fo a period of three years.

How can the theft of secret government documents be treated as a misdemeanor? I'm no expert on legal matters, but shouldn't stealing and the destroying stuff like this be treated more like treason?

Ya think!?

What's very revealing to me is that Hamilton would agree to even work for Berger. Shows to me that Hamilton has no ethical standards -and he was the guy in charge of the 9/11 Commission.

So how can the public have ANY confidence in the 9/11 Commission Report?

(kleverone and gotanybob... thanks for the kinds words!)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You have voted nick7261 for the Way Above Top Secret award

Great work.

Sorry i haven't got much more to post, but you really have nailed it. I'll be watching this unfold. I just wish that things like this would be covered properly in the media. Sure, they covered the story, but i'm sure it is a lot bigger a deal than what they make it out to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join