It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Compares Nuke Program to Train 'Without Breaks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad Compares Nuke Program to Train 'Without Breaks'

Source Link: www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN, Iran — President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Sunday his country would move forward with its disputed nuclear program, comparing its nuclear drive to a train that has no brakes.

The hard-line leader also repeated his call for negotiations, saying the time for "bullying" had expired. International leaders have demanded that Iran halt uranium enrichment.

"The train of the Iranian nation is without brakes and a rear gear,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
story.news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A train that running in full speed, then the brakes were intentionally removed.

This is just like suicide bombing.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Source Link:
news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice responded to Iran's declaration that it had no "reverse gear" on its nuclear program by saying on Sunday that what Iran needed to do was halt weapons-related activities.

Rice said if Tehran did so, the United States was prepared to discussed trade and political issues, and she would be willing to meet her Iranian counterpart.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't know about you Gazz but the article is not written in his entirety in the link by fox. . .

"The train of the Iranian nation is without brakes and a rear gear," the radio quoted Ahmadinejad as telling a gathering of Islamic clerics. "We dismantled the rear gear and brakes of the train and threw them away sometime ago."

It looks like nick picking and the rest of the link is nothing but opinions about that particular quote. . .

I look all over the net for the entire speech but all I found were links of the same piece to fox news and Condoleeza Rices answer back.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The answer is simple I ran out of space for characters within the external news source space in the OP Marg.

I am skeptical myself of the importance of this quote from the Iranian leader. While he tends to talk tough to his own people through Iranian media, He seems to try to convey a completely different message to the international community.

If indeed Iran is on a quest for Nuclear weapons, and that equates to a train without breaks, I suppose the message is "Nothing will stop us"

That is worrisome, mainly because there are those within the U.S. Government who are convinced the only option now left for dealing with Iran is a Military option.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
That is worrisome, mainly because there are those within the U.S. Government who are convinced the only option now left for dealing with Iran is a Military option.

It all starts out with a war of words and I have yet to see either side trying to deescalate the situation. In other words, both sides want a showdown at the OK corral.

From the Wonderful Folks Who Brought You Iraq Global Research
The same neocon ideologues fabricating intelligence on W.M.D.—to push for the bombing of Iran

"Everything the advocates of war said would happen hasn't happened," says the president of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist, an influential conservative who backed the Iraq invasion. "And all the things the critics said would happen have happened. [The president's neoconservative advisers] are effectively saying, 'Invade Iran. Then everyone will see how smart we are.' But after you've lost x number of times at the roulette wheel, do you double-down?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Regenmacher

lets not forget that now Bush has a new intelligence director that will do the next reports on Iran the way Bush and Cheney want them, Negroponte was honest enough to step down and so he didn't have to lie. . .

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Negroponte was honest enough to step down and so he didn't have to lie. . .

Honest like a starving jackal.

Negroponte went back to he state department cause prefers it and has more experience in it, plus the Pentagram wanted a officer as Director of National Intelligence as part of the militarization of America plan. I very much doubt honesty had much to do with any of it, since Negroponte has had plenty experience in committing lies, fraud and treachery. Now that the DoD has figured out who they wanted besides Negro as Intelligence czar, it's all good to go.

Negroponte to Leave Job to Be State Dept. Deputy WaPo
Negroponte: Veteran of dirty wars wins lead US spy role Guardian
U.S. developing contingency plan to bomb Iran: report ATS

Condi also needed an Igor for her mad experiments in diplomacy. If Dick resigns, Condi takes the Veep spot, then Negroponte gets his dream job as head of state. It looks to more as a clever plan in getting set up for some changes on the horizon. This could also explain why Cheney is grabbing attention, flying to Asia/Australia, and saying the exact opposite what Bush in regards to plans on attacking Iran, cause he's either about to get the boot or Fitzgerald is going to nail him.

Time for the manure to be spread, a war harvest is coming and:

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

join