It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings by pilots. What about passengers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi all,

Here's another thing that puzzles me.

Maybe I'm reading only a snapshot of what's actually available, but....I cannot remember ever reading a transcript or report of a UFO sighting by people onboard a commercial aircraft *except* the cabin crew.

I have a number of books on the subject of UFO's, which contain lots of accounts from all over the world, and have read many similar accounts online. There are quite a large number of commercial and military pilot sightings and repors, but what about the hundreds of passengers onboard the commercial flights? Wouldn't at least some of them see the same thing through the windows? Why aren't their testimonies included? The cynic in me says it's because having a commercial pilot make a statement sells more books and gains more publicity. Joe Bloggs saying he saw a UFO out the window of the plane when he was going on holiday doesn't quite have the same impact. Eek, there, I said it. I'm cynical!

Please do correct me if I'm just showing my ignorance of the subject (probable!), I'm genuinely interested in this.

Grey

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My take is that sighting accounts, such as those by commercial airline pilots, may appear more credible to the average newspaper reader/ tv watcher than what a passenger has to say. Granted, a sighting is a sighting, but it seems the media tends to attach more value to what a pilot has seen.

Another point is that because the pilots themselves might likely feel that they'd risk ridicule and possible job sanctions for speaking out, what they've seen is appears more 'newsworthy'.

There is one particular newer DVD out there (that I have been wanting to see) specifically on sightings by pilots.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Without trying to sound rude airline pilots may spend more time using MK1 eyeball. It gota pay to keep a lookout with all them soles onboard.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickF
My take is that sighting accounts, such as those by commercial airline pilots, may appear more credible to the average newspaper reader/ tv watcher than what a passenger has to say.

I agree entirely. It's as though qualified personel are more trustworthy than your average Joe. UFO sightings and reports carry more weight when the witness is a policeman, pilot, or doctor. There's no reason for this in my opinion, they can be as wrong or as right as anyone else. They can also be as honest or deceitful as anyone, too. We had a Dr. Harold Shipman here in the UK. He was qualified but absolutely untrustorthy!

There is one particular newer DVD out there (that I have been wanting to see) specifically on sightings by pilots.

Could this be the documentary you are refering to?:

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I agree, It does seem wrong the joe bloggs mind cant be as reliable as a policemans!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for that link torsion, I hadn't seen that one and will watch it. I agree with you that a so-called "more qualified" witness can be as wrong or as right as anyone else.

The DVD I was referring to is:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The 'Black Box' documentary is quite interesting. Spoiled, somewhat, with the use of dramatic cgi reconstructions of events, but the recordings of pilots reactions to observed ufos is pretty good.

Another downside of the reliance on those with qualifications is the number of fake credentials that are attached to people's names. 'Professor' Adamski, 'Dr' Frank Stranges, for example, or a 'phd' stuck on the end of someones name. It's illegal in the UK but seemingly acceptable in the US!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think there have been cases where the passengers have seen those same UFO's the pilots saw but you have to remember that the vast majority of people out there DO NOT bother to report their sightings no matter how impressive those UFO's were that they saw.

Granted most people will talk about their sightings to some family members but that's about as far as it goes. There's no incentive to report their sightings to the any governmental agency because it's common knowledge that such agencies do not take such reports seriously. They also don't want to subject themselves to ridicule by making reports like this.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Palasheea]

top topics

join