It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Site Of A Lost Civilization On Mars!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
the problem is that they're using the shadow/light spectra to make a 3d relief of the area, it looks like from the crudness of the displacement that its some corrupted pixel data on the flat 2d image itself then brought over to 3d has the appearance of hard edged forms. I wish it was true though

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Here’s a hires image of the Valles Marineris on Mars taken from the ESA Mars collection. Look carefully at the first image. Do you notice anything out of the ordinary? Or is it just a barren, uninteresting landscape?

Well, if you can’t make out much, have a look at the second image which I have annotated and marked certain anomalous structures. It looks like the ruins of an ancient civilization with a ‘temple’ on one side of a small city with what looks like the city’s water tank towards the top right. This depression is too regular in shape to be a crater.

Images Courtesy: ESA

This looks fascinating and I strongly believe that this is an ancient site of a civilization long gone. And also notice the resemblance of the ‘temple’ with the ancient temples here. Was there a Mars, Nimrod, and Marduk connection after all?

Cheers!

www.ldolphin.org...
ESA

[edit on 25-2-2007 by mikesingh]

lol, how do you possibly get 'water tank' out of that image? The structure on the far left is interesting, but this image does not prove anything. A good find, nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Guys... throughout the many Mars exploration, we haven't even found traces of the SMALLESTand most PRIVATIVE life form possible and you want to believe that there were life form on Mars that developed architecture and cities?

Come on now... let's wait for proof for at least the existence of one celled organisms before we advance any further into "civilization on Mars" theories.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
Guys... throughout the many Mars exploration, we haven't even found traces of the SMALLESTand most PRIVATIVE life form possible and you want to believe that there were life form on Mars that developed architecture and cities?

Come on now... let's wait for proof for at least the existence of one celled organisms before we advance any further into "civilization on Mars" theories.

What we need to wait for is people to "advance" and begin to realize that their government wouldn't tell you ANYTHING, even if they did find a "civilization on Mars".

Get a clue.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry

I love mars conspiracies but this looks like low pixel cgi.

It can easely create artificial looking squares (pixels)

A piece of rock could easely look like a maya temple like that.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm not trying to talk smack..I'm just saying that might be why no one has ever noticed this before.

Nice find. Post any more that you find.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dude, you sure have a vivid imagination.
Where I see some blurry shadows, you see entire ancient civilizations?
It would be interesting if you were right; too bad you're not.
Anyway, the HiRise/Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter project will eventually chase a lot of the bunny rabbits and elephants out of these clouds.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

The perspective views are computer generated using the stereo images taken from overhead, those images are not taken from that perspective.

I think that it probably is a result of inconsistent data on the borders of the image, a similar effect can be seen in other places on the borders of the image.

I believe ArMaP is right on this one.
Just look how nicely all those "ruins" line up
perfectly parallel with the borders of the image.

This isn't what we're looking for.
I wanna see some real ruins.
If we could see this exact area from above
I doubt there would be those rectangular
shapes, and parallel and perpendicular lines.

I also like how Mikesingh posts this and doesn't return.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If it was an ancient civilisation and it would have to be very ancient wouldnt any trace have eroded away by now.The pyramids in egypt are only a few thousand years old and they wont last to long if left alone.I know that im talking about two completely different atmospheres but come on.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It is hard to even begin to describe the level of lunacy required to go from that picture to making a statement that it proves an ancient civilisation on Mars.

My time on ATS used to be 95% interest and discussion and maybe 5% giggling. It's got to about 50/50 now because you get muppets constantly coming out with titles like:

"Undeniable 100% proof of Reptilians eating condyfloss on ancient trampoline submerged in big watery pool on Mars" then you get a red tinged picture with a few blurry pixels...

Still entertaining though...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I agree this title is completely misleading and "water tank?"

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Someone said I’ve disappeared! OK, I’m back!! Now what does one do if your laptop ain’t connecting to the net due to the on-board wi-fi goofing up as usual?? These guys screw the juice out of you where air fares are concerned and dish out only ‘C’ grade flicks on their mini monitors and then have the audacity to say, “Have a nice flight!” Darn!

And I’m pretty busy, and can’t be on ATS all 24 hours (Though I’d love to!!
)

Now for the hires image. It was taken from www.esa.int/externals/images.

And what does it say now? “ Forbidden. The page you are looking for is not present anymore or is temporarily unavailable”. Wow! Something sure is fishy here! Maybe tampering with the images before they’re put back again?

But you can see page 2 ( Image number 8), of this ESA site here. The image is the same with lesser resolution. Check out the top of the image.

Now I need to make one thing absolutely clear. Those who say I’m fudging photographs, tampering with images and ‘inventing’ terrains are way off the mark. I’m no expert in this and I don’t need to indulge in this sort of gimmickry. I’ve taken what’s been put out by ESA and looked for the anomalies.

If there are any doubts on the quality, genuineness etc, please ask ESA for clarifications. What I’ve posted is what I think it may be. You may think otherwise. So be it. On ATS, all have a right to discuss their personal opinions.

So those in the habit of personal vilification and criticism need to do a rethink.

One had mentioned that we haven’t even found bacteria on Mars, so how could there have been an ancient civilization there? Oh? So what do we know of the universe? Do we have ALL the answers? Darn! Even the ‘big bang’ is only a theory! We don’t even know how the Moon got here! All conjectures and theories. So what’s the proof that there were NO ancient civilizations on Mars thousands of years ago? It is possible and that’s why we’re here, trying to find answers.

As said, the truth is out there!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Where I see some blurry shadows, you see entire ancient civilizations?

Oh yeah? Then you really need reading glasses! And note that what I've marked on the images end with a question mark, like this, '?' So what does that mean? I think you're educated enough to figure that out.
And by the way, I do have some knowledge on air photo interpretation. Only about 20 years. So what I see you may not. Requires a trained discerning eye to see in 3D. Sorry you're missing out on the goodies here!

It would be interesting if you were right; too bad you're not.

Uh? So do you have proof that I'm wrong?

Anyway, the HiRise/Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter project will eventually chase a lot of the bunny rabbits and elephants out of these clouds.

You think so? I think you're pretty naive in thinking so. Anything out of sync which raises your bunny rabbits ears and elephant trunks, will undoubtedly be tampered with like what they've done on the Moon!

[edit on 26-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Give credit where it's due. The images first appeared here.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The best way to figure out if this is an anomly is to figure out how the algorithm converts the 2D images in into a 3D image. Once we have that information we will be able to deduce the findings. Sometimes shadows are wrongly interperted by a 3D generation algorithm.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inca_Roads
Give credit where it's due. The images first appeared here.

Wow! Thanx Inca. I hadn't chanced on this website before!
So I'm not alone!!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm almost sure the geometric patterns are due to the interpolation method used to generate th 3D surface.

Let's say you don't have too much input elevation data (pretty usual) and you use a TIN model (pretty usual too) to represent the surface. What you'll get is that typical "stairs" pattern. I work with GIS software and I've seen and done that hundreds of times.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
It is hard to even begin to describe the level of lunacy required to go from that picture to making a statement that it proves an ancient civilisation on Mars.

Have you really been here long enough (less than a year) to be making these kinds of statements? So, someone wants to believe there was a civilzation on Mars and thinks there is photographic evidence. This idea can surely be debated along with the evidence presented, but calling the OP a lunatic for posting his ideas should be a violation of the T & C - if it already isn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Wow! Thanx Inca. I hadn't chanced on this website before!
So I'm not alone!!
Not a problem. Kent runs a pretty good site. He does get a bit carried away, now and then, though. Overall, Orbit's a great infodump.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Firstly I did not call the OP a lunatic, that's directional - I stated the method required to go from seeing that picture to making a statement that it proved an ancient civilization on Mars required a comical level of guess work and illogical thought - which I beleive can be fairly accurately described as luancy. I persoanlly dont think the word lunacy or describing someone as a lunatic is insulting - its just a description of my opinion. I am not having a go at the poster.

I just find it amusing that in RL if a letter came through your door at home saying that a certain product would make all your hair grow back and some famous celeb puts there name to it, you would trash it in the bin as utter junk. Yet there are so many of you on here that see a blurry orange pic on the internet and start doing back flips screaming life on Mars. I guess the majoirty of belief in a topic is based on the simple fact you just want to believe somehting.

As far as being on here less than a year, as a member true, but as someone who reads these forums I have been here since the beginning - so exscuse me if I treat your comment of whether I have the right to comment or share my views with the contempt it deserves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join