It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned X-45 new info.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This recent press release gives some information and a few pictures of the X-45 unmanned aircraft. This plane is undergoing testing still but apparently is meeting expectations.

Will the success of planes like the X-45 spell the end for pilloted planes in future? The capabilities of the X-45 are quite good for an early prototype and no doubt this can be improved upon.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah, we'll have unpiloted planes for the Air Force probably within the next 10 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I wonder if future wars faught more with machines will still have the left crying about casualties?

Dang I broke a nail on this gyroscope control!

You people are so cruel!

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm sure they will. You'd have to kill the people who created the 'evil' machines, I suppose, so there's always going to be the chance of miscalculations and mass casualties.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Zodiac,

you are one step ahead of me!

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You're too close to me, then.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Okay I'll back off then, no problem, everyone deserves their space I believe.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's a great concept for having unmanned remote control vehicles in military applications........ Nikola Tesla envisioned this over a hundred years ago (1898) www.yurope.com... ....... it was Tesla that invented remote controlled vehicles with this very purpose in mind!! He tried to 'give' this idea to the military but at that time no one really understood it and just pushed it off as 'nothing'. It's interesting that his first "automaton" was a submarine.

If you want to chack out some books about Tesla try here....
asknick.com...

It's worth the read!!!

jra

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I do agree that there will definately be an increase of unmanned planes in the near future, but i don't think people will ever be completely replaced by them.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Great topic.. makes me think of Enders Game by Orson Scott Card... where all all fighter craft is controlled remotely...

new topics

top topics

join