It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Who Covers Up UFO's?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I covered one up once. I used sheets tied together but it kept slipping off because the surface was so slick. Any ideas on what else I might use that won't slip off?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here is my opinion on this.

I think what was shown in X-files is probably close to the truth. A small group operating independently, not subject to any laws/oversight and with access to all major security agencies. They have highest clearances and their members could even be from foreign countries covering different areas of the globe.

The group was set up in the 40s, assigned a new clearance classification thus ensuring that it will always stay in power and its priviledges could not be stripped away by those with lower access to information, even presidents.

By the way I don't think the CIA has anything to do with UFOs. Maybe a small percentage of CIA's staff (very top) knowns something (specifically related to using alien technology for gaining advances in intelligence gathering) but in my opinion the closest government body dealing with the group controlling UFO information is probably Airforce/DoD/NRO or some branch we known little about. CIA is the most visible due to the media/history so it usually gets blamed for everything.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by SurferXXX]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
CIA is another way of speaking to UFO's. It's another language that has been hidden from us. Only those who are in the CIA know about it and their not talking. I say we try to unravel this secret language and then and only then will we as a race be able to sleep at night without the terrible nightmares of our futures going down the praverbial toilet. Wadda ya think?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If there is a cover-up, and I believe there is, the intelligence agencies would be responsible for the day to day work. I think the 'majestic twelve' committee(or the modern day equivilant) is directing the show and everyone else is just following orders on a need to know basis.

Yeah mostly speculation, but unfortunately thats all we can go by at this point. There are many conspiracy sites on the internet but just about everything is hear-say. What is fiction and what is fact? Who is credible and who is not? We have been fed so much bs in the past from hoaxers and government disinformation agents that ufology has become a joke or at best a dysfunctional family of researchers. IMO they spend so much time arguing over details that they discredit ufology and people end up missing the big picture. I am not exactly saying its their fault. So much of the solid evidence is extremely classified(and I think few people will argue this) that what little info does get leaked gets twisted, turned and distorted to the point where no one believes no one!

"To the hardcore believers no evidence is needed. For the skeptics no amount of evidence is enough" Sorry, I forgot who said this and when but this quote just about summarizes everything.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

1.1 trillion dollars is a staggering number. My question would be where is all the devices theyve built ? They surely have a stockpile of gadgets stored somewhere. They could build an armada of flying discs with that yearly budget

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

My guess is they keep all the really, really secret stuff in the DUMBs (Deep Underground Military Bases).

I'm reminded of that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark at the very end, where the guy is putting the Ark of the Covenant away.... the camera pans out and it's this absolutely gigantic warehouse with thousands upon thousands of crates, boxes etc....

PS hi there millerman.... miss you lots guy

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Originally posted by Dulcimer
So government conspiracy theorist's pulverize me with your thoughts. Who keeps UFO's secret in the government.

Hi Dulcimer,
in my opinion is it in reality not the "government" who is covering up UFO's.
So here is some info that explains in my opinion how it really works, if you would believe it of course.
I hope it is in a way an answer to your question, and I hope you find it interesting.
Its a very small part of the complete "Executive Summary of the Disclosure Project Briefing Document".

Prepared by:
The Disclosure Project
Steven M. Greer, M.D., Director

Understanding UFO Secrecy

Introduction
Over the past few years I have had the responsibility of briefing senior government and scientific leaders both in the US and abroad on the UFO/Extraterrestrial subject.
The evidence regarding this subject is clear and overwhelming: It has not been difficult to make a compelling case for the reality of UFOs per se. What is a greater challenge is elucidating the architecture of secrecy related to UFOs (see the exposition of this matter contained in the paper entitled “Unacknowledged” by this author). But the greatest challenge is explaining the “why.” Why all the secrecy? Why a “black” or unacknowledged government within the government? Why hide the UFO/ET subject from public view?
The “what” or evidence is complex but manageable. The “how” or nature of the secret programs is more difficult, much more complex and Byzantine. But the “why” — the reason behind the secrecy — is the most challenging problem of all. There is not a single answer to this question, but rather numerous inter-related reasons for such extraordinary secrecy. Our investigations and interviews with dozens of top-secret witnesses who have been within such programs have enabled us to understand the reasons behind this secrecy. They range from the fairly obvious and straightforward to the really bizarre. Here, I wish to share some key points regarding this secrecy, why it has been imposed and why it is so difficult for the controlling interests within covert programs to reverse policy and allow disclosure.

In The Beginning
In the early days of the ET/UFO phenomena, military, intelligence and industrial interests had concerns regarding the nature of the phenomena, whether it originated from our human adversaries and once it was determined to be extraterrestrial, how the public would react.
In the 1930s and 1940s this was no small matter: If these UFOs were of terrestrial origin, they would be evidence of an Earthly adversary with technological devices far in advance of US aircraft. And once it was determined to be extraterrestrial (some quarters knew this prior to the end of WWII) there were many more questions than answers. To wit: why were the ETs here? What are their intentions? How do the devices travel at such fantastic speeds and through the vastness of space? How might these technologies be applied to the human situation — both in war and in peace? How would the public react to this knowledge? What effect would the disclosure of these facts have on human belief systems? Political and social systems?

From the late 1940s through the early 1950s, a concerted effort was made to figure out the basic science and technologies behind these spacecraft, primarily through the direct study and reverse-engineering of the retrieved extraterrestrial objects from New Mexico and elsewhere. It was immediately recognized that these objects were using laws of physics and applied technologies far in advance of internal combustion engines, vacuum tubes and the like. In the climate of the Cold War and in a world where a relatively minor advantage technologically could tilt the balance of power in the nuclear arms race, this was no small matter.
Indeed, the theme of human geo-political dysfunction appears as a recurring feature of the secrecy related to UFOs — up to the present hour. More on this later.
From the Wilbert Smith top secret Canadian government document of 1950, we know that this subject was held in greater secrecy than even the development of the hydrogen bomb. There was a tremendous effort underway by the late 1940s to study extraterrestrial hardware, figure out how it operated and see what human applications might be made from such discoveries. Even then, the project dealing with this subject was extraordinarily covert.
It became much more so by the early 1950s when substantial progress was made on some of the basic physics behind the ET craft energy and propulsion systems. The best we can estimate, it was then that the entire project became increasingly “black” or unacknowledged.
The compartmentalization of the project dealing with UFOs was exponentially increased by the early 1950s when it was realized what it was that these covert projects actually had: Devices displaying physics and energy systems which — if disclosed — would forever alter life on Earth.
By the Eisenhower era, the UFO/ET projects were increasingly compartmented away from legal, constitutional chain-of-command oversight and control. This means that — while we know from witness testimony that Eisenhower knew of the ET craft — the president (and similar leaders in the UK and elsewhere) were increasingly left out of the loop. Such senior elected and appointed leaders were confronted with (as Eisenhower called it) a sophisticated military-industrial complex with labyrinthine compartmented projects which were more and more out of their control and oversight. From direct witness testimony we know that Eisenhower, Kennedy, Carter and Clinton were frustrated in their attempts to penetrate such projects.

[edit on 19/1/08 by spacevisitor]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join