It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Who Covers Up UFO's?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Lately I have been frustrated reading the UFO section. It seems everywhere I read there is someone saying how the government is covering up UFO's.

Now I don't really disagree. Government's surely are hiding some details.

But this is my real question. Just who in government controls the UFO information? I would like some in depth answers. People who use this "excuse" use it in such general terms that it has no meaning. "The government is hiding UFO's !" I need reasoning.

When information is on a need to know basis... just who needs to know? The president? Hardly. The military? But who?

And how does such a complicated system hold a secret so vast for so many years.

So government conspiracy theorist's pulverize me with your thoughts. Who keeps UFO's secret in the government.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Lately I have been frustrated reading the UFO section. It seems everywhere I read there is someone saying how the government is covering up UFO's.

Now I don't really disagree. Government's surely are hiding some details.

But this is my real question. Just who in government controls the UFO information? I would like some in depth answers. People who use this "excuse" use it in such general terms that it has no meaning. "The government is hiding UFO's !" I need reasoning.

When information is on a need to know basis... just who needs to know? The president? Hardly. The military? But who?

And how does such a complicated system hold a secret so vast for so many years.

So government conspiracy theorist's pulverize me with your thoughts. Who keeps UFO's secret in the government.

well, its basically everyone in the shadow govt that has cosmic clearence. so the nsa, cia, etc all the intelligence agencies are hiding not just ufos + ET's because of not only the technology and the public reaction but also because of what the extraterrestrials know about our past . theres just a huge knowledge hierarchy and thats why it is kept secret, its easy to discredit someone with a ufo sighting even if it landed on their porch just because ufo = crazy in our culture

[edit on 25-2-2007 by jemblem62]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Dulcimer

I understand your frustration. There are the aliens, and there is what people think and believe about the aliens. These are not the same thing.

From what I know from my own experience, it is the secret government that is ruining any and all possible true information being shared among the publics about the visiting races. The government itself knows very little about the alien races- they only know what the aliens let them know. This is because of what the government wants advanced information for, which is not what the aliens want to share it with humanity for.

The secret government holds blackmail over the visiting races to make them stay away from the publics, which forces the aliens to have to sneak in under cover to meet their individual human contacts, and to be very careful in staging increasing sightings for the masses.

It's easy to understand how it works when you think about the individual people who have true experiences and learn progressive things from the alien races. These people are actively sought by secret government, and when found out, are threatened with harm, and so are their loved ones. The government message to the aliens is, "If you teach a human what we don't want him to know, we will hurt him." These people are pressured, bought and/or seduced, all in order to control them, ruin their personal and professional reputations, and make their information look ridiculous. If they persist, there is no limit to what measures are taken to shut them up. These crimes are committed under the guise of the protection of national security.

It's also easy to understand how it works when you measure the pliability of the masses of people, especially in respect to our religions. People believe what they are scared and bullied and tricked into believing. Nobody wants to be odd, left out or unpopular. The people trust their own leaders over the truth as long as they are kept confused about what the truth actually is.

I don't know who the secret government is by names, but they are working hand in hand with special interest groups who have tremendous money and power to lose upon public acceptance of our visiting races, like the oil industry and the pharmaceutical industry. When people find out that the government is gaining in corrupt wealth and power by maintaining the suffering of humanity, and at the complete expense of our natural resources, the only war will be civil war.

The secret government has easy control over who in the UFO field is free to speak and rise to popularity. These people do the public work of disbursing certain kinds of information and set the popular standard of reputation for the visiting races in the minds of the publics. Some of them are professional agents themselves, and some are just ordinary people spinning tall tales.

But, no matter what the government does, the aliens will not give up and go away. Many people are learning things from them despite government control, and these things are being shared. The more people who get to know the alien races for themselves, the sooner we can start changing the destructive way our world is being run. If we don't change it, we are not going to make it at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm not convinced there is any cover-up in the context of aliens. I know you didn't mention aliens specifically, but they are synonymous with UFO's and it's very hard to seperate the two issues.

I don't disbelieve the existence of alien life, nor do I assert that all UFO sightings can be explained in any way, far from it. What I don't agree with is that we have made contact with any alien life. However, I'm still of the opinion that the "powers that be", whether you subscribe to a shadow government conspiracy or not (I don't) have little idea of the answers.

I've said in another post recently that because the UFO phenomenon is so controversial and devisive, maybe politicians are too afraid of losing votes to come out publicly and state their true feelings on the matter (with the odd exceptions). If they genuinely don't know, they won't admit it as it shows lack of control. Look at the UK investigation completed on behalf of the Government in 2000 (iirc). The investigators weren't even allowed to question witnesses! I really don't think the majority of those in power take UFO's seriously and therefore there is simply nothing to cover up.

The military are another matter. They have the resources to investigate and glean more knowledge than any other organisation. It's in their vested interest to know what is going on, or at least make every effort to find out. But...As I'm a sceptic regarding the issue of whether contact has been made, I'm going to say that aside from the obvious natural explanation (birds, meteors, clouds, hoaxes etc.) for many (most?) UFO sightings, I think there are almost certainly many sightings of secret and developmental military vehicles.

Unless something changes, I'm going to go with a military cover-up of whatever it is they are testing at the moment.

Grey

[edit on 25/2/07 by Grey_Pilgrim]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Sorry for not answering your question, but another thing that I think it is strange is the fact that those people who usually talk about the government cover-up speak as if there was only one country and one government on Earth, the US government.

What about all other countries? Do UFOs only visit the US? Do they visit other countries but only talk with the US government? Do they visit other countries and talk to those countries governments and those other governments work together with the US government to keep a common policy?

If you find this off-topic just say it and I will edit the post, if possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Could someone please explain the below statement to me in simple language?

Consequently, the CIA black budget is annually in the vicinity of 1.1 trillion dollars – a truly staggering figure when one considers that the DoD budget for 2004 will be approximately 380 billion dollars. [90] This suggests that the vast size of the DoD in terms of its personnel, weapons systems and research into ‘conventional weapons systems’, is dwarfed by something that in funding terms is almost three times larger than the entire conventional military system funded by the DoD budget.

www.exopolitics.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Palasheea

The US Department of Defense (DoD) has an annual budget of 380 billion dollars which is spent on "conventional" military expenses - planes, tanks, subs, troops etc

There is evidence that the CIA has a black budget of over 1 trillion dollars - more than twice the DoDs budget. The theory is that this black budget is what funds the deep black projects related to UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, advanced energy generation, antigravity and propulsion systems, space-based weapons, etc....

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks millerman. I think it's so amazing that the general public is not aware or for that matter even informed on how much of our tax money is funneled into black budget funds every year!

So are you saying that 1 trillion dollars are funneled into the CIA's Black Budget every year?

Or is that figure just the current cumulative budget for this and if it falls below 1 trillion, the gov't replenishes that acct. by making up the balence so that there's always 1 trillion in that budget?

PS -- just read it over again and it sounds like the gov't replenshes the Black Budget fund with 1 trillon dollars every year.

Yet our military agencies for weapons and supplies are only given 380 million dollars every year for their budget which is almost 3x's less than what's given to the CIA Black Budget!!!

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ArMaP

What about all other countries? Do UFOs only visit the US? Do they visit other countries but only talk with the US government? Do they visit other countries and talk to those countries governments and those other governments work together with the US government to keep a common policy?

The alien races visit every country but not to an equal amount. The leading countries are where the work needs to be done, but it's not being done through the governments. The governments still refuse the assistance of the alien races.

The leading countries are all in this together, but the USA is the greatest offender of the alien races and of the individual humans who work with the alien races. The smaller modern countries are beholding and under control of the leading countries on these issues.

One nation is going to host first open contact for our world and that is Japan, chosen by the organization of Earth's visiting races.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
After reading the newly published article at this link:
www.prweb.com...
I'm hopeful that we will get to the bottom of all this.
The possibility that Aliens or Alien technology can help
Earth avoid catastrophies might be the catalyst that is
needed to get the truth out. Survival is very important
according to Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs" model.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Thanks millerman. I think it's so amazing that the general public is not aware or for that matter even informed on how much of our tax money is funneled into black budget funds every year!

So are you saying that 1 trillion dollars are funneled into the CIA's Black Budget every year?

Or is that figure just the current cumulative budget for this and if it falls below 1 trillion, the gov't replenishes that acct. by making up the balence so that there's always 1 trillion in that budget?
[edit on 25-2-2007 by Palasheea]

Sorry I don't know the exact numbers, but yes it is approximately 1 trillion per year - and that's just the US.

Also, as far as I know it's not our tax money that funds this black budget; rather it is funded by the permanent war machine and all sorts of related cartels and interests. A lot of it I believe comes from the international bankers and Big Oil/fossil fuels. A lot of it also comes from starting pointless wars and then selling weapons and technology to the combatants.... and believe it or not, a lot of it comes from DRUGS.

In other words.... the CIA is heavily involved in producing, smuggling and distributing hard drugs, and the profits go back into their black budget. So essentially these people are funding all these deep black projects and secretly developing all these vital, earth-saving technologies..... by keeping people - American citizens, no less - hooked on heroine, crack coc aine etc.

Lovely, eh? And it just gets nicer and nicer the higher up you go.....

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There have been some great replies in this thread. Keep it up.

Oh and when I say government... I mean governments of the world. I am Canadian after all. It seems to be harder to dig up Canadian information on the subject.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Just who in government controls the UFO information? I

I do know that NASA staff see UFO's all the time on their space cameras and the staff are instructed to delete the images, which is a strange situation. You would imagine their brief would be to investigate what the images are exactly.

Here is just one of the many documentaries showing ufo images on NASA space cameras

video.google.com...

I would like to know why they cover-up about crop circles too. Many of those crop circles are similar images to freemasonry symbols. They are a very strange event and should be discussed at length in the media, but instead we have a coverup and the only attention is given to the few amateur man-made hoax efforts

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I don't think that all of those government departments would be able to cover things up for this long without anything being properly leaked.

But i'm also a bit wary of the fact that the governments/space agencies don't really seem that enthusiastic about following up UFO sightings/research/etc at all

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
I don't think that all of those government departments would be able to cover things up for this long without anything being properly leaked.

I disagree. There have to be certain things within any government that are and must remain secret. All the government in the UK needs to do is present the tabloids, broadsheets and news media with a DA-Notice and they can not report a specific story. Do any of us actually know what MI5 or MI6 are doing day to day?

Look at the BBC website. There are regular reports on there about newly declassified documents released to the public from 40 and 50 years ago. Things that nobody outside the government was aware of until they were ready to publicise. You can be sure of one thing though. If those documents were in any way still sensitive, then they would be excluded from release under the Freedom of Information Act. We only see a sanitised version of events around us. The Internet has enabled us to spread information freely that we would otherwise be ignorant of, which is probably why the likes of the US Government have been so desperate to grasp some kind of control over it. Look at China as a perfect example. Sorry, I'm off at a tangent now!

By definition, they have to be able to keep things covered up.

Originally posted by malganis
But i'm also a bit wary of the fact that the governments/space agencies don't really seem that enthusiastic about following up UFO sightings/research/etc at all

It often makes me wonder why too. Why do NASA seem to be uninterested in footage and photographs that have the UFO community so excited?

Grey

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The governments are in denial.

Some how top energy secrets and ufo technology some way
thought of was exposed after WWII say in the ufos over DC episode
convinced the friendly nations of the worlds to put up with these
experts.

It may be Helium engines (ie zero out the oil company banks)
or magnetism, no one knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
It often makes me wonder why too. Why do NASA seem to be uninterested in footage and photographs that have the UFO community so excited?

Judging by some of the reactions I have seen here on ATS, some members of the "UFO community" get excited with very little...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I find your request for clarification very interesting.

Indeed it is hard to believe that it is 'government' that wishes to control knowledge of ET UFOs due to one simple fact - the people in high level government come and go as they are voted in and out - are all those people in the know?

Everybody knows our governments can be 'economical' with the truth sometimes, i think the mix up of fact (government white lies) and UFO mistrust stemmed from the Roswell incident or at least that was the catalyst.

Perhaps people are referring to the Executive level of government??
en.wikipedia.org...(government)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
But, no matter what the government does, the aliens will not give up and go away. Many people are learning things from them despite government control, and these things are being shared. The more people who get to know the alien races for themselves, the sooner we can start changing the destructive way our world is being run. If we don't change it, we are not going to make it at all.

well, basically nothing good has come from ET's visiting us except for people being killed over stuff like that and also any technology or information that could benefit everyone is kept secret. in a sense the govt is doing a great job at controlling everyone and forcing humanity into the dirt with a police state in the near future from this new brand of conservatism. (v for vendetta is a good movie
) but for real i dont understand if the aliens just had a huge spaceship over india that would solve the "are they here or not" question easily. i dont buy the mass panic either because either way there is going to be panic.... religion isnt going to go away nor is human fear of the unknown so i dont see how by the time this gets disclosed we wont all be dead pretty much

[edit on 25-2-2007 by jemblem62]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jemblem62

well, basically nothing good has come from ET's visiting us except for people being killed over stuff like that and also any technology or information that could benefit everyone is kept secret. in a sense the govt is doing a great job at controlling everyone and forcing humanity into the dirt with a police state in the near future from this new brand of conservatism.

Right but there is no way they can maintain the secrecy forever...

All that needs to happen is for awareness of these issues to reach a "critical mass", to the point where people are talking about it amongst themselves on a daily basis, discussing it openly on TV and radio etc...

We're not quite there yet, but we've come a LONG way.

Like a few months ago I was in the car with a couple of coworkers, and out of the blue one of them just starts talking about Roswell and the whole UFO coverup, and I get talking with them and it turns out they've both been doing a lot of the same research as I, from the Disclosure Project etc.

Now something like that would NEVER have happened say five or ten years ago, so it was a very encouraging sign!

Also, consider this: maybe the fact that the US has to start preparing to implement a police state, means that they're SCARED. Scared that too many people are discovering the truth, and a REVOLUTION might begin!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join