It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could an Oscar start Al Gores bid for 2008 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

But could an Oscar start the momentum for a draft-Gore movement? USC's Kaplan thinks it could.

"People think that he's paid his dues, he's had more of an impact on issues that people care about than many people who have been in office and there's a feeling that he's finally lost that student council condescension that was fingernails on a blackboard to a lot of supporters," Kaplan said.

Democrats are desperate to win. Doubts have begun to surface about the electability of the party's current front-runners. How's this for an argument? Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.

Link

I really do think that the media is just drumming up pre Oscar hype by creating a story were there isn't one. Although a victory speech would and declaration of candidacy would be assured of good ratings the idea runs against logic. Unless the Oscars are rigged Gore cant be assured of the chance to give a victory speech.

The only sensible idea would be to choose a location where Gore is able to make his speech without relying on other factors.

Of course there is the fact that Gore would have to change his mind about running in 2008......

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
An update.

Even though I honestly had not planned on doing this, I guess with a billion people watching, it's as good as time as any. So, my fellow Americans, I'm going to take this opportunity right here and now to formally my intention..."

But suddenly the Oscars orchestra struck up its keynote tune, signalling that Gore and DiCaprio had overstayed their time and had to leave the stage and leave the mystery of Gore's intentions for the 2008 race still unanswered.

Link

I reckon that Gore was just stirring and if he hadn't been cut off there might have been a good punch line.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Actually technically Al Gore didn't win an Oscar. Someone forgot to put his name on the list of producers for that movie.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In my opinion, Gore wouldnt be stupid enought to run again for pres. He would just be beating the dead metaphorical horse, so to speak.

If he didnt get the picture from his run/victory before, then he must be a glutton for punishment.

top topics

join