It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students to undergo sensetivity training for "Jesus" chant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Check out this article. I personally think this is stupid. Sensetivity training? Gimme a break!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's a basketball game, for Judas' sake. Why bring religion into it?

I think it's a good call...making them take sensitivity training. Then again, I prefer traditional hooliganism, such as stealing the mascot, picking fights with opposing fans, and molotov cocktails.

I'm curious, who won the game?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...
The word "Jew" also was painted on a gym
[...]
Price who also watched the game, said the rivals exchanged chants, "Then, at some point, our students were chanting, 'We love Jesus.'"

So its not like they can even say it was just taken out of context.

I think that the principal did what was right.

Several Sullivan students met with Norfolk Academy's cultural diversity club Thursday as part of a series of events aimed at promoting tolerance, Price said.

Looks like it wasnt' all the students that were a problem and some of them felt bad enough that they wanted to do something about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'll admit that the Jew sign was uncalled for and should not have been allowed up, but chanting we love jesus, thats just funny to me. Lets not forget, this is high school. I remember being a complete shyte in High school so, I can relate. Speaking (or Chanting) without considering what I was saying or who I may be offending.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I remember being a complete shyte in High school so, I can relate. Speaking (or Chanting) without considering what I was saying or who I may be offending.

so, being young and stupid is no excuse

actually, it furthers the need for these students to go to this sensitivity training because they aren't thinking before they act

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I personally believe that we rise as far as we fall. So I would venture to guess that the attention they have garned thus far from their actions has shed some light on that issue, acting before thinking.

new topics

top topics

join