It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixing of Pagan, Catholic/Christian, and other beliefs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Alright I was baptised a Roman Catholic but have questioned my faiht. Since then I have looked into Christianity, Satanism, Buddhism, Athiesm, Nordic, and Greco-Roman Paganism, and Dacian religion. I believe though, that there is a god, but not the type of god that counts all our sins and gives a book of rules to obide.
The base of all my spiritual beliefs is energy. Everything is made of energy, the spirit, the body, the Earth, everything. I think reincarnation takes place after death, but only for so long as nothing lasts forever. This is fairly revelant to Buddhism and Hinduism.
I believe in God as only a higher power with no direct influence, and I believe in Heaven as a certain kingdom that allows passage to those who choose to serve it. However spiritual things form the kingdom above and below us may affect us, such as excorsisms, aspects of demonology, and so on.
My beliefs of Paganism are that I believe there was more than one god at different times, but cease to exist because their energy has long faded. Hence Nordic, Egyptian, Greco-Roman, Dacian, and many other pagan religions.
This is where it starts to get strange, I believe in dragons not as unidentified dinosaurs or mythological creatures of the East because they are not found only there. Dragons have been found in every culture throughout the world, many which ahve had no contact with the each other until much later. I believe dragons have the highest form of energy in a solid body, they can do virtualy anything. I think they are the gateway to what other life lays ahead.
If anyone disagrees I dont really care because you cant prove to me that Im wrong.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Your beliefs are fine with me, but where is the conspiracy?
Did I miss something?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomanianDacianHun
and Dacian religion

?
As an aside, what have you found to be good resources wrt the dacian religion?

I believe in God as only a higher power with no direct influence, and I believe in Heaven as a certain kingdom that allows passage to those who choose to serve it

So is god too weak to interfere with the world? I mean, having no influence over it is different from 'choosing not to interfere'.

If he has no infleunce, how is he god? How woudl a person ever know about him if he has no influence, or ever find out how to 'serve' the interests of heaven to get into it?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well the Dacian religion had a main god, and its believed that they also had a god of war so I believe that their main god, Zalmoxis (excuse spelling, plus Im not sure if Im mistaking the name for their prophet or the actual god) was a main god and they believed in immortality after an Earthly death and what I meant that God has no direct influence is that he wouldnt banish us for our sins or lay his wrath upon seeing as, like anything else, there is a "dark side" to Heaven, I see the only banishment from such a kingdom would be betral. You do make a very good point however if he chooses not to interfere but that kind of leads to the whole God works in mysterious ways thing that I dont really believe.

And in response to the first reply; I guess there isnt so much of a conspiracy here, except that maybe gods of the past are of mistaken origin and such or that my beliefs could somehow turn sorts of religion upside down. Plus it also depicts a different view, as being of both Eastern European and East Asian decent, of dragons. Europeans in the West viewed dragons as sybols of evil, whereas certain groups like the Order of the Dragon saw the dragon as an emblem of strength, determination, and victory rather than the common lion. My view on dragons as sort of gateways with immense power and energy is in a way related to the Chinese belief of dragons spreading life through China.

Please, tell me your views on my beliefs, I understand if you find them crazy. Feel free to share yours as well and how this could possibly make followers of widespread religions rethink what they were told and believe.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

My beliefs of Paganism are that I believe there was more than one god at different times, but cease to exist because their energy has long faded. Hence Nordic, Egyptian, Greco-Roman, Dacian, and many other pagan religions.

I believe if you did enough research you could track all these false gods to Babylon.

Dragons have been found in every culture throughout the world, many which ahve had no contact with the each other until much later.

You're right, you can find dragons in all cultures just like you can find the story of the flood in all cultures. You might consider that all cultures came from the same origin right after the flood. That would be Babylon and the tower of Babel.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

I believe if you did enough research you could track all these false gods to Babylon.

Dragons have been found in every culture throughout the world, many which ahve had no contact with the each other until much later.

You're right, you can find dragons in all cultures just like you can find the story of the flood in all cultures. You might consider that all cultures came from the same origin right after the flood. That would be Babylon and the tower of Babel.

The Babylonians werent the first civilized people though, wasnt it the Sumerians, but then again thats closely related to the Babylonians. Plus the Dacians were an Indo-Aryan people from Asia Minor/Central Asia living among with other Indo-Europeans as Aryans/Indo-Aryans. My point about the dragons was that seeing them in virtualy every culture which manyhave no relation or contact with another is very hard, for me at least, to simply discard them as folklore. Seems to be something deeper other than fairytales and East Asian philosiphy.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Please, tell me your views on my beliefs, I understand if you find them crazy. Feel free to share yours as well and how this could possibly make followers of widespread religions rethink what they were told and believe.

I'm a Unitarian Universalist. We let each have their own beliefs and we just don't make a big deal about it. Basically, whatever works for you is fine with me.

Those followers of widespread religions are generally unlikely to rethink what they believe, regardless of what anyone says. The same could be said for most people. We are often quite set in our ways when it comes to matters of spirituality and/or religion.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I believe in God as only a higher power with no direct influence, and I believe in Heaven as a certain kingdom that allows passage to those who choose to serve it. However spiritual things form the kingdom above and below us may affect us, such as excorsisms, aspects of demonology, and so on.

I respect your beliefs...and I'm not here to start any kind of religous debate.....but I just want to ask you - How did you come to believe this? Is it from taking all of these idea's/theologies from the worlds different belief systems and meshed them together? In a new age-ish sort of way?

So which one of these gods do you think created life? (If you believe that we were created) Better yet....Do you believe there is a single god above all other gods? A god that doesn't need energy to keep from fading away?

This is where it starts to get strange, I believe in dragons not as unidentified dinosaurs or mythological creatures of the East because they are not found only there. Dragons have been found in every culture throughout the world, many which ahve had no contact with the each other until much later. I believe dragons have the highest form of energy in a solid body, they can do virtualy anything. I think they are the gateway to what other life lays ahead.

Demons are also found in every culture. In my opinion...death is the gateway to what other life lays ahead.

Isaac

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well the Dacian religion had a main god, and its believed that they also had a god of war so I believe that their main god, Zalmoxis

AH yes, Zalmoxis, thank you for reminding me. Zalmoxis has connections to dionysius no?

I see the only banishment from such a kingdom would be betral

Interesting, recall that in Dante's inferno, the lowest level of hell was that of the devil himself, and that he had three mouths, each gnawing and ripping apart, for eternity, three people, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius, who were all traitors.

however if he chooses not to interfere but that kind of leads to the whole God works in mysterious ways thing that I dont really believe.

Indeed, this is part of the jewish mystic beleif, I think, that god, being the all powerful creator, by definition knows everything and has control over everything, so we have to explain everything in terms of god, ie, bad things have to be 'made sense of' with god as an all powerful ruler.

Plus the Dacians were an Indo-Aryan people from Asia Minor/Central Asia living among with other Indo-Europeans as Aryans/Indo-Aryans

Indo-Aryan and Indo-European are really the same thing. They "Aryan" part was generally dropped because of wwii, basically, and replaced with 'european'.

Also, aren't the Dacians a central european people, rather than central-asian or asia-minor people? In and around the Carpathians no?

point about the dragons was that seeing them in virtualy every culture which manyhave no relation or contact with another is very hard, for me at least, to simply discard them as folklore

Consider though that pretty much every culture has contact with big reptiles, be it pythons, crocodiles, or even large monitor lizards. These would be the source of dragon myths.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
To start off, I think Zalmoxis had a connection to Zues and a Greek goddess but I forget her name.

As for the Dacians, whom descends from now this is a big debate, mostly between Romanians such as myself and Hungarians. The Dacians lived in what now is mostly Romania, their capital being in the area of Transylvania. The northern Romanians (notably Roman Catholics, such as I lol) are most likely the descendants of Dacians that stayed during the Romanization. Strongly supporting this are the dialects of Romania, the northern dialect being Daco-Romanian is more Latin and closer related to the Dacian language. The southern dialect is closer to Slavic, due to influence from Slavic Bulgars.

As for cultures being introduced to types of serpents or reptiles, I just find it strange how similar some cultures view the serpent, whether they be a symbol of wisdom, chi/ki, power, or evil. Some Native American tribes hold very similar beliefs in dragons as the Chinese. And the Dacians believed in dragons in a kind of wolfish manner, hence my serpent avatar. My avatar is a Dacian symbol adopted from the Alans and the Sarmatians, it has a wolf's head and a serpents body, it was a military device and helped the Dacians with their belief of themselves internaly embodying this creature when in battle.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac101
I respect your beliefs...and I'm not here to start any kind of religous debate.....but I just want to ask you - How did you come to believe this? Is it from taking all of these idea's/theologies from the worlds different belief systems and meshed them together? In a new age-ish sort of way?

Basicaly, yes, I read philosiphy and different religions and connected them in my own way. I think energy is the answer to just about everything because everything is amde up of energy, even things we cant see.

As for a supreme god, I dont think any god has eternal energy because nothing can last forever. I think Earth in itself has its own Heaven, its own Hell, and any other realm you can think up. I also think time is never really goes away, it just creates a "shadow" and forms its own realm, with the energy of spirits coursing through out until all energy completely fades from that realm and/or the Earth. This makes it a little easier to phathom life on other planets and spirituality.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

To start off, I think Zalmoxis had a connection to Zues and a Greek goddess but I forget her name.

I believe that Herodotus wrote the story in 440 BC. The reason that there is a connection to Zeus is because they are one in the same. You will also find the connection of the mystery religion that is brought to Egypt. This is the same story as Zoroaster(not the Iranian prophet Zoroaster) who brought the mystery religion to Egypt. Zalmoxis.....Zeus.........Zoroaster and many others are Nimrod from Babylon.

It is possible that Zamolxis is Sabazius, the Thracian Dionysus or Zeus. Mnaseas of Patrae identified him with Cronos (Hesychius also has Σάλμοξις· ὁ Κρόνος). In Plato he is mentioned as skilled in the arts of incantation.

His realm as a god is not very clear, as some considered him to be a sky-god, a god of the dead or a god of the Mysteries.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Alright I was baptised a Roman Catholic but have questioned my faiht.

The Roman Catholic faith is not real/true christianity, and as such is not chriatianity at all. Good that you are out of it, don't go back and read the Bible.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The Roman Catholic faith is not real/true christianity, and as such is not chriatianity at all. Good that you are out of it, don't go back and read the Bible.

dbrandt, what do you define as "real/true christianity"?
because i've seen you say that catholicism isnt such several times, and i'm curious

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My 2 cents Madness

Having been raised within the Catholic Church I can assure you that Catholicism is not Christianity. However, any Catholic that accecpts the Messiah as their savior surely is a Christian.

The Catholic Church was formed when Constantine and the Romans could not kill off the Christian movement. They merely took it over. Constantine was the high priest in the worshop of Sol Invictus, the unconquerable sun. Known also as sun god Apollo. Notice that God commanded the worship on the Sabbath and yet now the Christians worship on SUNday because Constantine changed the day of worship.

This religion comes from Babylon and went to Egypt as the Mystery Religion. The Host in the Catholic Mass has the letters IHS on it for Isis, Horus and Seb.

We can trace all the sacraments of the Catholic Church to Babylon thru Egypt, as well as the mother/child relationship and the queen of heaven Mary or in Babylon......Semiramis.

The Catholic Lent has nothing to do with Christianity it is instead the Weeping For Tammuz at his death having been killed by a wild pig. If you eat a traditional ham on Easter.........now you know why.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Tammuz by the way is the Babylonian savior and said to be the reincarned Nimrod. Nimrod at his death became the sun god Baal. The Babylonian trinity of Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz represent the sun, moon and stars and are Osiris, Isis and Horus form Egypt or Zeus, Alcmena, and Hercules from Greece.

Many versions of the same lie from Babylon that the deceiver has sent to keep people from seeing that Jesus is the Messiah and Son of the Living God.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If you eat a traditional ham on Easter.........now you know why.

I am aware of lots of European countries where lamb is the traditional Easter feast. England and Eastern Europe for example. It is derived from the roast lamb of the Jewish Passover, as well as being particularly good quality at that time of year :-). I have a great interest in folk cuisines (someone has to!). As far as I can tell on a quick scout around google, it is in the US where Ham is more traditional at Easter (certainly ham could never have adopted from the Jewish customs of the early church!). But this being the case, without any kind of historical link backwards in time, I don't see how you can associate the ham with an early Christian mythology. Enlighten me.

Ta.

Rob.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Alright I was baptised a Roman Catholic but have questioned my faiht.

I am a Roman Catholic, albeit an unorthodox one

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944

If you eat a traditional ham on Easter.........now you know why.

I am aware of lots of European countries where lamb is the traditional Easter feast. England and Eastern Europe for example. It is derived from the roast lamb of the Jewish Passover, as well as being particularly good quality at that time of year :-). I have a great interest in folk cuisines (someone has to!). As far as I can tell on a quick scout around google, it is in the US where Ham is more traditional at Easter (certainly ham could never have adopted from the Jewish customs of the early church!). But this being the case, without any kind of historical link backwards in time, I don't see how you can associate the ham with an early Christian mythology. Enlighten me.

Ta.

Rob.
First there is no such thing as Christian Mythology.

Do a simple search on ORIGIN, EASTER, HAM you should get all the info you need. You can also find the same reason that a traditional Christmas ham is eaten. Tammuz was the rebirth of Nimrod who really is the sun god being honored on Christmas. You will find a ham eaten at the Roman Saturnalia celebration...........which we can trace back to Babylon.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It is an age-old custom, handed down from pre-Christian times, to eat the meat of this animal on festive occasions. Thus the English and Scandinavians ate boar meat and the Germans and Slavs roast pork on Christmas Day. Also, in many parts of Europe roast pork is still the traditional main dish at weddings and on major feast days. At Easter, smoked or cooked ham, as well as lamb, has been eaten by most European nations from ancient times, and is the traditional Easter dish from coast to coast in this country. Roast pork is another traditional main dish in some countries.

www.intermirifica.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join