It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crystal caves: giant crystals in mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Tonight 10/12/08 on National Geographic

Inside the Crystal Caves

Check out the video clip too. NASA getting involved in the investigation.

These crystals are truly a natural wonder of this planet...

130 degrees plus humidity in those caves!

[edit on 12-10-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

thanks all whom posted vids and used the search function to keep the thread alive.

i also watched the documentary tonight and thought it was stellar. interesting to hear about the mix of warm water and heat in the cave to produce these gems.
(wondering how fast they vibrate? probably not the same frequency as quartz watches?)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I also watched this show, quite a spectacular location with many hazards. The giant crystals were downright fabulous; and the technology they were using to explore the location was very unique.
Makes people reconsider what is "required" for life to exist.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Really cool pictures. I cannot imagine how amazing something like this must really seem in real life. Pictures never really do anything of amazing scale justice and these are really quite impressive.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
Really cool pictures. I cannot imagine how amazing something like this must really seem in real life. Pictures never really do anything of amazing scale justice and these are really quite impressive.

absolutely morning star!
i've said this before, but the first time i saw "big tree" in mendocino, ca, (an old growth red wood that makes all other trees seem like twigs) i thought i was looking at an alien craft.

it startled me. it was SO unreal in real life, because it was the first time my eyes ever digested anything on this scale. completely amazing.

just seeing this opens the doors to "what else is out there just a few feet below ground surface?"

it would be fun to go with someone that is sensitive to crystal vibration and see what they get out of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is an article with some more pics.
Crystal Cave

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
this is breathtaking!!!

amazing...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Doesn't it normally get cool underground?

If so, why would this cave be so hot?

I wonder how deep this cave actually is.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thank's a lot!!

It's amazing and beautiful!!!

Frami.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Doesn't it normally get cool underground?

If so, why would this cave be so hot?

I wonder how deep this cave actually is.

That was the first question that popped in my head as well.

Anyone know why this cave would be so hot (I read an average temp of 136F) as opposed to most caves that are pretty cold, such as Carlsbad Caverns (have been there) that is an average of 56F?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's hot because it's near a volcano. It's normally under water too. They had to pump out the water to study the cave.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Considering how long it takes for these crystals to grow, I can only imagine they started growing when the earth was very young, essentially untouched until now. After watching the documentary I was left with the feeling there is still so much to discover about those caves. There are tunnels and pathways in the back and far corners people just cant get to, either because it's too hot, or just too dangerous. It's a shame. I hate to see them flood the caves before learning everything there is to know about them first. At least send the robot cameras through.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join