It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crystal caves: giant crystals in mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
When I first saw these pictures I said no way. Then I continued looking at them more and more and then checked out some other websites including the smithsonian and that proved to me these giant marvels are for real indeed. Wow! What a great find! Thank you so much for posting this topic. Giant Crystals are for real.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow!

Huge crystals, I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
When I first saw these pictures I said no way. Then I continued looking at them more and more and then checked out some other websites including the smithsonian and that proved to me these giant marvels are for real indeed. Wow! What a great find! Thank you so much for posting this topic. Giant Crystals are for real.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

I had the same reaction -- but wow! How neat! I put them on the "wow, I'll visit there someday!" list. We like going to tourist caves, particularly the less visited ones. The Caverns of Sonora are amazing and full of crystals but nothing the size of those!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Definitly very incredible. I'd love to get inside.

But what's with the orange suits?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The photos certainly look incredible but I can't help being unsure. Surely something as amazing as this would have made headline news. The posed figures do have a 'pasted in' look about them especially if you look at their feet and the steep slopes they're standing on - in paticular the guy in the orange suit. The guy with the black top - his outstretched hand doesn't seem to be in contact with the crystal. Also the text refers to the impossible conditions of heat and steam which doesn't fit with what we see in the images.

It would be great if it were true, mind you, and I hope it is!

But check this link about a giant crystal cave being discovered and reported in mainstream media - it is nothing compared to these images so why report it if gob-smacking monoliths like this exist?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
thanks everyone for your kind words!

yes torsion, they are 100% real.
not everything makes it to cnn first.

(cool link on the giant geode too, thanks)

i had to ask myself when pat sent the photos over "how many times do you get to see something discovery channel hasn't even covered?"

a representative from the caves sent pat these photos which a couple look similar to the ones on their site.

i honestly couldn't imagine the energy there.
cheers and glad you liked them.

[edit on 12-05-2006 by zooplancton]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

Hmm, why are the photographs hosted on an image design studio's website? 'Industry Design - Visual Design Studio'... It seems they are involved in cgi imagery and the like!!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Hmm, why are the photographs hosted on an image design studio's website? 'Industry Design - Visual Design Studio'... It seems they are involved in cgi imagery and the like!!

i posted them on my site to host them. if you read the earlier posts, there are links to the actual web site of crystal caves. you can learn more there about them there. enjoy.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These photos were done at the same time of shooting a tv show. In Denmark the show was named "Our Planet" and showcased some of the most incredible surroundings on earth.

I think the reason there hasn't been anything on the news about it is because these caves were initially found in the mid 80s
So the big wow factor would have blown over by now for most media I guess.

The reason for some of the weird lighting is mainly due to the lights they brought with them down, so doing the shots would be easier.

I'm sorry I can't link to that tvshow. It seems the channel haven't put up the show for stream yet. I'll keep an eye out for it...

Anyways, they are extraordinary... I would love to be there and experience the show

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

www.smithsonianmagazine.com...

Smithsonianmagazine is a credible source...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing...what more can be said? Definitely on the "things to do before I die" list... Wow...

Who'd have thought that Superman had a little Mexican hideaway....?
He must go there after he suffers from red Kryptonite or something...

*realized his inner geek is peeking out a bit much*....

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've never been into geology, but these are amazingly beautiful. I would happily visit these caves, shame they are closed to the public.

Anyone remember that scene from the film "The Core" where they go inside a giant geode (that the correct spelling?). It reminds me of that.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Maybe the crystals here hold data from our ancient ancestors. Just an idea (probably overdone, too, mind you).

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They are wearing those orange suits because the temperate is as high as 150 degrees fahrenheit and the humidity is 100%. The brain begins losing mental functions after being in there less than 10 minutes without some kind of protective gear.

The photgrapher states in many of the sources posted already that they had to do the shots in short several minute durations. They closed it to tourism because many tourists simply were rendered unconcious instantly upon entering. The company did not want to be burdened with such a liability.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wow, cool.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
and a slide show here, artifacts ridden though.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I just ran across this thread, from the other thread that got closed. I’m in awe of these photographs! These crystals are spectacular, and I wish I could see them in person. Someone above mentioned energy, and intense heat. It would be interesting to know if anyone thought to take an energy reading at the site? Would that be an EMP monitor? I bet the energy levels are amazing. Looking at the last image of the OP, that man looks like he’s sweating abundantly, so it must be pretty darn warm down there. Wow, this is truly awesome!

Aesthetically they are a sight to behold. It’s just amazing that chemicals that have solidified can form something so beautiful. The placebo effect of crystals is most fascinating to me. I always have believed in the power of positive thoughts, and the mysteries that the human mind holds some sort of energy to self heal. I can’t help but wonder if these crystals really do hold healing properties? This article suggests (the placebo link portion) that it’s all in the mind, and if you believe it, it shall be so kind of stuff.

I just wonder? Maybe they are therapeutic in some way? I'm going to have to look and see if there is any statistics on the healing properties of crystals. If they hold lots of energy, then it would stand to reason that they might be a benefit “health wise.”

Crystal Power

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The images are surreal, ty for putting them up.

When I saw them, I straight away remembered a book I had read. It had something to do with Atlantis, Lemura etc. It was suggested that Man would discover crystals that would lead them to a new power source. It is futher claimed that these crystals hold more power than anything we have known. After seeing the images, the claims made seem a little more possible...

[edit on 23-3-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is a new article about the caves and a possible explanation for how this beautiful work of nature happened:

Crystal cathedral cave uncovered

SYDNEY: The monumental gypsum crystals found in Mexico's Cueva de los Cristales are the largest naturally-occurring crystals ever recorded. Now, geologists believe they have uncovered the mystery of how these 11-metre monoliths formed.

The discovery, published in the April issue of the journal Geology, also suggests that other equally spectacular caves are waiting to be discovered in the mines.

First found in 2000, the 290 metre deep cave is located in a complex of silver and lead mines below Mount Naica in the Chihuahua desert. The area well known for its selenite crystal deposits. Selenite is a translucent, glass-like form of gypsum.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join