It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here nearly been eaten?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Several years ago while on an outback trip, I had settled in for the night.

Alone in the wilderness, I had set up my camp for the night and was laying on my belly in front of the fire just gazing, relaxed and quite at peace with myself and world.

From the distance I could hear the sound of a mountain lion crying to the night you know the Heee sound they make?

Well the sound soon became quite loud and I could tell the lion was getting closer. She continued to give out the warning sounds, but what else was I to do? So I lay there and began to meditate.

Before long I could not only hear her , but I felt her breath on my bare feet, sniffing...

In and out like a gentle tickle.

Closing my eyes and relaxing once again into meditation, for a flash of an instant I knew that nothing more or less could be done in the moment, fear would have only excited the wildebeest.

Those few seconds were an experience outside of time as you know it, like when an accident happens and everything switches into to slow motion.

Before long, she moved away scolding me every few feet as she walked back up to the rocky hill where she came from.

A vision came to me of a mother Lioness and her cubs, and I knew to quietly pack my bag and descend back down the hill away from her territory.

Thanks for asking, I love to remember that story, it is easy to forget just how very connected we are to nature, and to the innocence of trust between all animals, humans included.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think the worst of all fates is to find yourself in the jaws of a predator who intends to eat you alive. I have read about bears carrying people away, dragging them out of their tents or sleeping bags 100's of yards away from camp, and literally eating their human victims alive. A shark gobbled a 22 year old spear fisher whole and alive. A lone Hyena ate a woman alive in Ghana, and was said to have eaten her in minutes with nothing left but torn clothes and blood stains. A 21 year old field worker in Africa was eaten completely by a lion. A high school student, as he jogged on a mountain trail, was attacked, dragged 200 yards (while alive) and then eaten by a mountain lion in Colorado. I have had many dreams of coming close to being some animal's dinner. I wonder why I fear this fate more than any other.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've nearly been eaten by a shark.

I was surfing off the coast of Newcastle, two hours North of Sydney, early one morning. I was paddling out the back when the board slipped under me. I was surfing a 9 foot mal and the shark had attacked the board just behind the back of my feet. The shark must have caught my leg rope because he dragged the board about 6 feet behind me. Luckily he didn't like the taste of the board because he swam away afterwards.

He wasn't big. Probably a 5 or 6 foot tiger shark, but i was scared as hell. Took me a few months to get back in the water. I still have the same board. It has a couple of lovely tooth scrapes in it.

<< 1   >>

join