It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank War for your creature comforts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ok may be a bit hard to explain this thread. We all know our goverments hide tecnology so that they can invent weapons, Communications, transport etc. however once they have finished with it it finds its way out onto commercial products.

I was reading another thread about Atlantis and someone suggested that the Atlantean race may have been free from war and secrecy.

My question is is that if we had never had a war in our entire history what products would we be without today. I dont mean weapons like guns and missiles etc i mean everyday items. If we never had a war in our history would we be as technically advanced as we are today. Does war drive technological advances that filter out to the commercial world.

How would the world be today in science and technology without us ever having a war in our history. What products are directly or indirectly spurned from the makings of war and what type of items can you imagine us being without today if we had never experienced war.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Come on guys you must have some thoughts. Im trying to imagine where we would be today with regards to technological development without war which seems to be a serious factor in are technological advance one filtered out to commercial items. Would telecommunications be the same, Would you everyday kitchen items be the same? would you creature comforts ie computer, games consoles, TVs be the same or do we owe most of this to boffins developing technology for use in war or with weapons.

GPS positioning that we use in the car would we have this today if it wasnt for developing technology for war?????????????????

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The military has been responsible for many innovative technologies, but I think NASA is starting to catch up to them in terms of actual technology that hits the general public.

Besides, I think it's kind of nice to see how much can be accomplished when the main goal isn't death.
Space Rose

[edit on 25-2-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

join