It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret missle complexes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Watching the Discovery Channel today on military techology and it noted the location of our main missle silos. As it seems their location is common knowledge... do we have "secret" missle silos spread around the country? I would think so but wonder how easy they would be to hide.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nope, what you see is what you get. There are no secret missle silos around the country. All the ground based ICBM's are based at 3 bases. Minot AFB in ND, Malmstrom AFB in Montana, and F.E. Warren AFB in Wyoming....Trust me, there are more than enough in the ground at these sites than we would ever need....

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
There are no secret missle silos around the country.

Really? What's your security clearance?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There are more weapons out there hidden then we have targets for.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If we knew about them they wouldn't be "secret".

But just to think about, the US dismanteled the Nike Herculese complex of SAMs, some nuclear tipped, ringing all our cities and bases in the middle of the Cold War, with no aparent replacement... or not...

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Hiphar]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hiphar
If we knew about them they wouldn't be "secret".

But just to think about, the US dismanteled the Nike Herculese complex of SAMs, some nuclear tipped, ringing all our cities and bases in the middle of the Cold War, with no aparent replacement... or not...

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Hiphar]

Many of those old Nike sites are now in local, state, and civilian federal agency government hands in a variety of uses -- record storage and archive, warehouses, etc. At least one was used as a fire station. A few are still open for tours. Local newspapers and TV stations occasionally do a human interest story on them. I recall a story about one converted to a private residence.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra1982

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
There are no secret missle silos around the country.

Really? What's your security clearance?

Actually, its Top Secret-SCI, and I happen to work in the ICBM field....any other questions?

[edit on 25-2-2007 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have allways wondered, are there a lot of unused silos? Or do we use all 500 or so that we have loaded, with no spares? It seems there have been a lot of bases closed, but I also remember under Bush 1, that we went to 1056 to about 550 at the end of the cold war.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
^ look around on the internet, all kinds of people taking expeditions into straight up abandoned titan 1 and atlas-e or f bases. I would like to think there are (or were during the cold war) secret missile silos who's location was not advertised/acknowledged in any sort of way, I would kind of think there would have to be. look up on google this guys blog about a "minuteman complex" in floyd county, va. It talks about some secretive stuff that went down in the blue ridge mtns of va in the 60s, and he later found it in the sort of secret as a congressional aide. Turns out it was only a communications/relay station for the minuteman system, but nonetheless it was constructed out of secrecy, and never acknowledged to exist, I even put in a FOIA request on it only to be given the run around then never answered.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
www.missilebases.com shows one of these sites converted to a home. pretty cool. most of the abandoned ones get flooded and are safety hazards.

top topics

join