It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eggbert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Let us imagine that you are Eggbert (an alien) who has been exiled and just found earth. You have decided you would like to intervene in the affairs of earth and further your own interest of power. I am not implying that this has happened, is happening or is going to happen - I just want to hear what people would do. Eggbert has to choose 1 of 3 choices to further his interests, the 3 choices consist of groups of important people. Would you approach:

a) The Politicians.
b) The Military.
c) The Bankers.

I look forward to hearing your solution and explanation to Eggberts problem.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by superpaul55]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Thats funny, I know a guy named Paul, and he used to call his little brother "Guy" Eggbert for a nickname!!

I know useless info, but found it ironic!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The bankers.
Through them, you control the politicians, and the military by proxy.

This way, Eggbert gets his cake and eats it, too.

My 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Im with Lex on this except for one problem poor ol Eggbert doesnt have a credit rating no job and no collateral (unless you count his space ship) so he would have a hard time with the bankers on this...

The government would legeslate him to death...

The military would just go to war with him... then steal his technology after they killed him

Poor poor Eggbert...time to get out of the nuthouse buddy

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I say the military. With the military, you can overthrow the politicians and tell the bankers what to do. Afterall, this is the case of an alien revealing himself, whichever side you pick, its going to be fanatically devoted to you. Strongly devoted soldiers can do a lot more than devoted bankers, what good is being able to access an electronic system to transfer money if its been bombed, or if the physical wealth has been seized, or if you've got a gun to your head.

As far as politicians, they're generally useless anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hello whatukno. Do you have a solution to the problem posed? If you have decided there is no solution then simply don't post. It saves everyone alot of time. When did I say he had a space ship?

Dae

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Im with Nygdan on this one. If Eggbert wants power to do things today then the military is the best bet. Banking is power for those who are hanging around for generations.

What Im saying is these are different types of powers, if the world society was represented as a human body, the military would obviously be the muscles for both fine and brute force. The politicians would be the face and banking would be the skeleton, that which holds it all together.

Now Eggbert could quite possible get far using politics, it really depends on what type of power he/it/she is after. Overt or covert? Does he want to raze the world clean and terraform for his pleasure? Or will he get lonely and still want humanity around?

What made you ask this interesting question superpaul55?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by superpaul55
Hello whatukno. Do you have a solution to the problem posed? If you have decided there is no solution then simply don't post. It saves everyone alot of time. When did I say he had a space ship?

As I first stated, Poor ol Eggbert should go for the bankers because that would be his best bet. I was simply posting the problems he would have with them vs the other parties interested. So given that Politicians would legislate him to death and the military would probably kill him Bankers would be the best solution posing the fewest problems. But there would still be problems.

So your solution is the Bankers because its the path to least resistance.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by whatukno]

top topics

join