It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeshu ben Pantera

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Man, I love the original Pantera, not bandwise, but rather on the ThunderCats!

Hoooohw!

He kicked butt. Flipped switches, then told ya'. When he kicked the back of your head!

Loved it?

Hooooowh!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Muslim Arabs and Christian Arabs say his name as Eesa. However the christian arabs add that he had another hebrew name as Yeshua ( same as Joshua name ). The Eesa name is from Ees ( meaning the STAR in the Yrsa Major constillation. Ees means guard in Arabic and Ees means Star in Hebrew too. It was called Ees ( the Guardian Star ) because it stayed in the sky all night long as if it is guarding the sky all night long while all other stars are used to set during the night), hence Eesa means (The Man of the Star or better Star Man) or The Guardian Star man if you like.
Eesa means in Arabic too the guardian of the Herd ( shepard).. The Hebrew name Yeshua means Increase in space but christians add another meaning to it as the Covenent Man.

Ysu or Yshu is the deragotery name of Eesa ( it is first hand the reading of Eesa name backwords (evil sorcery methodology) and also the acronym of the first letter in a verse ( Yemh Smu W'Zikru) meaning May His name and mention be blotted) This is the name where the Word (Jesus is the actual Greek and Latin pronunciation of Ysu the curse word.
So that is why so many evangelist would like that people stop using Jesus and use Yeshua instead .
Notice that Yeshua has a at the end while Yeshu does not. This A is not a vocal letter . It is a Constant letter in Hebrew and Arabic like the name Adnan or Ali where Europeans can pronouce it only as a vocal but in hebrew and Arabic it is a deep Pharengeal sound. It is the Ain Hebrew letter not the Alef hebrew letter which is the European A ( as in El name of God which should be pronounced Al rather than El)

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by adnanmuf
The Eesa name is from Ees ( meaning the STAR in the Yrsa Major constillation. Ees means guard in Arabic and Ees means Star in Hebrew too. It was called Ees ( the Guardian Star ) because it stayed in the sky all night long as if it is guarding the sky all night long while all other stars are used to set during the night), hence Eesa means (The Man of the Star or better Star Man) or The Guardian Star man if you like.
Eesa means in Arabic too the guardian of the Herd ( shepard).. The Hebrew name Yeshua means Increase in space but christians add another meaning to it as the Covenent Man.

Thanks for these details adnanmuf, this really helps my research. For years I have been researching the connections with words pronounced Ees, and this is the first time I've seen this about Eees meaning star in Hebrew. In the Coptic version of the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus is eferred to as 'Ys' which I assumed to be some form of the word 'light' due to the rest of my research. This sheds new light (if you'll pardon the pun!) on my research. In Sumerian, 'Is' means mountain, and I find it fascinating how often this word, regardless of how its spelt, is used in sacred terms.

There are many other connections, but I have a book's worth, so maybe one day I'll put it all together.

Nebankh

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lisa m
RKYMTNHI this guy nebankh is a TALMUD apologist. Usually these people will deny the fact if it stared them in the eye as they deneid Jesus when he showed them all the miracles.

Many people deny facts when they stare them in the face...including Christians.

We all tend to believe staunchly that our view point is right - we will even claim we are 'open to the truth' but that is only usually a lie we tell ourselves.

As one poster said, its good to look at everything, both sides of the story to get whats happening...but in most religions, you dont have that freedom to question as everyone has the infallible word of 'god'...

...and so it is.

Peace

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
...but in most religions, you dont have that freedom to question as everyone has the infallible word of 'god'...

...and so it is.

Peace

I believe, good sir, you struck a chord with me there. It seems in the search for truth, this very factor can inhibit the individual's search, whatever the truth should be.

I respect all beliefs but also respect the right to choose what to believe and to study and think for one's self above ALL ELSE.

Take care,
- Naz

Oh and to stay on topic somewhat, was the band Pantera named after this person?

Peace.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by nazgarn]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
THEORIES ON THE ORIGIN OF THE MESSIAH'S NAME:
THE STAR OF THE MESSIAH (NUMBERS 24:17) = THE NORTHERN STAR (MATTHEW 2)
"Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament" states the following:
(((will be reported later)))
The Hebrew word "`Esh" is by definition a bright northern star or stars in the Ursa Major constellation. Ursa Major is translated into "Big Bear". More specifically heed the note in the side margin which is displayed to the right. "Eesh" is also a reference to "the constellation of the bear" which is the same Northern constellation mentioned previously.
H.W.F. Gesenius goes on to illustrate the collaborative relationship between the Hebrew word "`Esh" and the Arabic word "`Aasa" and "`Essa" and defines this as "nightly watcher".
But what does the "Star" have to do with Jesus?
First and foremost, it is probably one of the most historically significant signs of the Messiah foretold.
"I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel..." [Numbers 24:17]
"Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him." [Matthew 2:2]
Chapter 2 of Matthew details the Magi following the North Star in search of the Jewish Messiah. It was the most well known sign of the Messiah.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Greetings,

Originally posted by Nebankh
Sorry mate - a Talmud section called Tol'doth Yeshua [1], which is believed to have been written around 33AD , refers to a Jesus Character as Yeshu Ben Pandera.

Believed by who?
You?

Scholars certainly do not agree - the Toldoth Yeshu is usually dated to 5th or 6th century or even later

"The TOLDOTH YESHU came into being in the 5th century, at the earliest, and subsequently spread, in Hebrew and Yiddish versions, among the Jewish peasantry. Not even Jewish scholars claim any historical basis for it; from beginning to end it is pure legend. Most critics consider it a product of 8th century Italy and of the tumult of the Crusades in the 11th century, in which there was widespread persecution of the Jews. "
www.kolumbus.fi...

If you believe otherwise, please cite your evidence.

Iasion

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Iasion.

I am a scholar, not a believer, so all I'm interested in is who says what, and why they say it. (Also, why they believe what they believe, but that is another study!)

Scholars certainly do not agree - the Toldoth Yeshu is usually dated to 5th or 6th century or even later

Thanks for the information - I know scholars don't agree, but I also have found the dates for the Toldoth Yeshu vary. It's difficult knowing who to believe, because the people writing about this tend to have personal reasons for wanting the dates they propose to be the correct ones. I'm open minded, don't worry

"The TOLDOTH YESHU came into being in the 5th century, at the earliest, and subsequently spread, in Hebrew and Yiddish versions, among the Jewish peasantry. Not even Jewish scholars claim any historical basis for it; from beginning to end it is pure legend. Most critics consider it a product of 8th century Italy and of the tumult of the Crusades in the 11th century, in which there was widespread persecution of the Jews. "
www.kolumbus.fi...

I've started checking out that site and I need to be sure the author's own beliefs haven't influenced his writings, so I will need to research him as well as what he says.

If you believe otherwise, please cite your evidence.

All I know now is what I don't believe, and that is, the Gospels.

Nebankh

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Nebankh]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hi there ,

I'm a new member and I hope I'm welcomed, I'm very shocked and upset by what is ascribed to Jesus (Eesa) peace be upon him.

he was a man of peace a prophet born of the virgin pious lady Maryam(Mary) who had the glad tidings of the miraculous baby by angel Jibreel(Gabriel) and here is the reference from Qur'aan: "Relate in the Book (the story of) Maryam, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.*
She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.*
She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."*
He said: "Nay, I am only a Messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son." [Maryam 19: 16-19]

Mary was shocked and said:" She said: How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" [Maryam 19: 20]

the angel replied: "He said: So (it will be): thy Lord saith, 'That is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': it is matter (so) decreed." [Maryam 19: 21]

So he was born in a miraculous way but how did her family receive her and how it was explained to them: "At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Maryam! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!* "O sister of Harun! thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste! *But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? *He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;*And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live:*(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable * "So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!" [Maryam 19: 27-33]

Then concluding this glorious description the Qur'an says: Such (was) 'Isa the son of Maryam: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
* It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.
* (Jesus's own message)Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a way that is straight. [Maryam 19: 34-36]

*Regarding his assumed death God tells us in the Qur'aan:

"That they said (in boast), "We killed Al-Masih 'Isa the son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not * Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise * And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death(i.e. second coming); and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them" [al-nissaa 4:157-159]

quite interestingly I was reading in this book about the Coptic Apocalypse of Peter and it talks about this subject; that Jesus was not crucified but it was made to look like to people around him; for this you can refer to "Lost Christianities -The battles for scriptures and the faiths we never knew" by Bart Ehrman -pages 186-188

finally I wish I never offended any one just sharing what I have with every one here.

musulman

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

And the Talmud, where this is written?

Well Talmud is mainly devided in two. The Mishnah which was written around 220 AD and the Gemara, written three hundred years later. It is in the Mishnah the Panthera character is written about. Panthera may be a corruption of the Greek word Parthenos which means virgin some people argue. The Talmud rests uppon oral traditions reaching back to the Babylon captivity when the Jews lost all their books and relics and had to memorise and recite the old texts. The talmud records history and commentaries to the Law mostly.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
edit

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Iasion]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Still, Yeshua Ben Pandera is the only historical figure that died in the manner of jesus we have on record. Any other story relating to Jesus in the Talmud, Tanak, or Holy Biblos, and all other bibles all over the world originated in Ethiopia, Africa period. The whole narrative is even played out on a monument in Abu Simbel dated over 4000yrs ago, long before Krisna, Budda, or Jesus concepts. Any other story after this are nothing but corrupted version of the original. You have to go back a little further than just Roman times, they all disappear after you get passed 1800 B.C. The whole story in any of these books are portrayed on the monuments throughout the Nile Valley so that they could not be misunderstood. Anything else is just a translation. Don't be fooled or victimized by the books.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join