It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Search Engines Give Companies Inside Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Alright I could not think of a good title for this thread so I will explain where I am going with this before I go into depth.

I was thinking about how search engines could be used to see into market future... providing possible financial information.

Let me use an example.

When Google launched it's IPO don't you think it could have gotten considerable knowledge about its performance ahead of time before it launched. They could practically graph out how much interest there was in it.

Or say a ton of people research into a given stock thinking it will rise or fall. Search engines could see these trends.

Just like how Yahoo shows you whats popular and what people are searching for on its front page.

Couldn't this be used to benefit the search engines?

Something like Google could almost see into the future in my opinion.

So whats the conspiracy? Well I guess do search engines abuse knowledge such as this to make profits.

I would say they are surely interested in it. But I bet nobody talks.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ah jeez somebody has to think this is possible.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Huh, that's actually a pretty interesting theory. I think that you're right, I don't see why Google couldn't see the future to an extent as far as public interest goes. They might not be able to see if it's positive or negative attention, but search engines could make tons of money by selling results to large publicly traded companies.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't know about every search engine, but I'm pretty sure that's what GOOGLE does!

I have quit using google because of this. The search engine Scroogle scroogle.org... uses google's search engine and deletes your cookies, does not track what you search, and your log is deleted immediately. I am almost positive google does not do any of this and possibly sells information to companies. They might just be directly giving them with a monthly fee who knows :0.

I do feel they are accessing individual's search records to gain profit yes.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If theres money to be had

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Id123]

top topics

join