It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on the Discovery Channel - I'm trying to make it happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here's my email to Discovery regarding the brilliantly produced theories appearing here on ATS (read after for my original thoughts) :

I actually have an idea for a new program for Discovery Networks (especially as Discovery is my favorite TV choice, particularly The Science Channel). I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but it was the best I could find regarding the subject. I would like to see a future episode (possibly Mythbusters on regular Discovery, and possibly on the Science Channel) discussing often rejected theories of modern science. In that show, I would like to see credit given to Nikola Tesla for the fluorescent light (as was neglected to be mentioned, and was attributed to someone else in an episode of "How it's Made" - other thoughts can be found at en.wikipedia.org... stating Tesla's invention of the Flourescent light. Additionally, on the episode (I can't remember the series) that explored the Tunguska Event, Tesla was never mentioned, even though his research (specifically the "Death Ray" is one of the most popular alternative theories of the event). There are many arguments made by alternative physical theorists that may hold water in modern science. Many of these theorists can be found at www.abovetopsecret.com..., and are often in the science and technology, peak oil, and skunkworks forums. There are many theories for free and alternative energy, advanced technology (particularly regarding space travel) and other technologies that may be of interest, either in the theoretical or practical stages to viewers of Discovery networks.

After all that (and being cut off from the Discovery Channel limits), I'm hoping to, in this endeavor, to create a public awareness of alternative and breakthrough theories, as have been presented here, though various forums. I don't want the brilliance of our members to go unrecognized. Hopefully, this will be a subject that comes to light on the Discovery Channel. All I can ask from board members and admininstrators, is to help me in contacting Discovery with an interest in just such a show. I feel that if they choose to produce the show, they'll come to us, and want opinions, thoughts, and theories.

Please, members of ATS, don't let me down in getting this show made. I've laid the groundwork. I need all of you to support me.

Edit: I forgot to include the best way to contact Discovery: www.discovery.com... - click on the Contact link, follow the directions, especially leaning towards a new show, and please let them know you'd like to see this show. Even if it only becomes a Mythbusters show, I'd like to see this new alternative technology featured, as it may help to inspire others. Not to mention the potential mega-income for the board itself, should it get mentioned (I'm hoping it will).

[edit on 2/24/2007 by obsidian468]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Maybe Springer can just say something to them since he is doing a documentary for them on UFOs pretty soon.

Wait a minute...you didn't listen to the last ATS Review podcast?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
No.... I've been here so sporadically of late. I must have missed that podcast.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
*cough*

So ugh wheres that ATS TV show?

*cough*

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
*cough*

So ugh wheres that ATS TV show?

*cough*

There was a post in the thread explaining that the deal went sour.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

There was a post in the thread explaining that the deal went sour.

Ah, never saw it. Board goes too fast sometimes.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't know if there are many (if any) "theories" here that would be worthy of the discovery/science channel...within real science, a "theory" is much different from a random guess or idea. Typically backed by actual facts, repeated experimental or observational data, and widely held to be a very plausible explanation for something...it is not just coming up with random ideas of what "might have" happened.

Pseudoscience- A collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on the scientific method.

Or as Richard Feynman calls it, "cargo cult science". Conspiracy "theories" are not science. I hope everyone here who reads this kind of stuff realizes that nothing on here is backed with any real facts or evidences. Lately there have been quite a few posts by people who, apparently, "lost it", for lack of a better description, after reading through this site and instantly coming to the conclusion that the world is dangerous/terrible/a lie/a conspiracy/etc. And if you try to present these ideas/imaginations that we have here as actual truth or real science, you will make yourself, and everyone else here look more like a nut. Just my opinion.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Shoktek]

top topics

join