It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Beach NYC, UFO Photo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Photo of a UFO that looks like the O'Hare object, from her balcony in howards beach NYC, the pic was taken on 12-27-2006 @ 4:23pm.

(edit to improve title and description)

[edit on 24-2-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nice picture, beautiful, is there something like a UFO

in the sky? It sure is a pretty picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
lol i havent been called miguelito in a long time
yeah i reposted the pics now to show it more, you should se my other pics on myspace

[edit on 23-2-2007 by miguelbmx]

[edit on 23-2-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
e!!! Wow, that does look like a UFO of sorts.

Miguel, i am Spanish and i love that name.

Anyway, very cool, thanks for sharing. Those suckers are everywhere lately, huh?
I wonder what they want.

Awesome

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
yeah its my belief that we are going to start seeing a lot more with in the next two years, well atleast i hope so
, de donde eres?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Looks like a light aircraft to me, nice picture all the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Miguel-
I've sent you a U2U, get in touch as soon as ya can.

~J

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
JUst to keep everyone abreast, I have the high resolution shot sent to me by Miguel, and I'll be speaking with the witness this weekend.

More updates to follow.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
JUst to keep everyone abreast, I have the high resolution shot sent to me by Miguel, and I'll be speaking with the witness this weekend.

More updates to follow.

This means there are some important things here.. I cant wait for the followings..

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Currently awaiting control sample shots of the area. I spoke to the witness yesterday and she related the day of the shot.

More to follow...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Come on Jeff! I can't stand the suspense!

Springer...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi .. this is "the witness"/ miguelbmx's girlfriend.. I sent the picture to miguel and both he and I will be keeping in touch with Jeff... Just filling everyone in from the "horses mouth"

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
just fowarded the pic's to JRITZ hopefully he can give us an answer soon but remember these things take time.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ok, firstly thanx so much to Miguel and his lovely gal for giving me the skinny and the for being gracious enough to send me everything I asked for. I dont see anything unusualin EXIF data, nor do I see anything like tampering. I also dont believe Miguel or his girlfriend are blatent hoaxers...so lets leave that alone. Let do this from a bit of a different angle as if we didnt h

Looking at channel specific data, in this case in red/green/blue or RGB.

I've cropped to the object itself.

First the red channel:

Essentially isnt telling us anything.

Now the Green:

Interesting no? On the left side were seeing a bump from top to bottom we dont see in the red channel and not to this definition in the original RGB image. We also see that there's an arcing light grouping going from that appendange to the right, and tapering. Hmmm. Seems like something we've seen maybe.

How about the blue:

Aha. Now we have that appendage on the left more defined...and to boot, it's now highlighted by a tight white grouping (which would be dark in the combined RGB). The blue is emphasizing it out of lack of blue channel data. We also see another appendage that seems to be making a break of the "underside" of the object. It's angled so it's bottom in almost pointing right.

Now the environment this was taken in seems to be a maritime community. Boats, water, canal inlet.

I think we're safe in calling this a seagull. Looking at the green channel I believe we're seeing the head as the appendage on the left. The arc is the wing, as if it's in mid glide. In the blue channel, what we're seeing as the tight group of white? The beak/head.

Given the motion, the lack of definition, the environmental habitat of seagulls, and all these instances of similarity, it's pretty much a certainty what we're seeing is a medium distance seagull.

I will say Miguel's girlfriend told me she did not see any birds, nor hear them. That's something I considered, however it could be very easy to miss. It may not have been her focal point when shooting the pic, and it may not have been visible thru her viewfinder. And, lets face it, the little fellas can be quick. By the time the pic was shot and she looked back up...it could well have been gone.

So, thats what I got. In no way should Miguel or his girlfriend feel dumb...cuz honestly? I'd have thought it wierd too. I mean it does look similarly to the O'Hare and LaSalle object, but I dont see any of the structure I do in those here. The outward appearance is definitely odd, but channel specific data does show alot more at times like this.

Keep lookin up you two...with the northeast sightings as of late I wouldnt be shocked to see something come outta NY.

~J

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

I think we're safe in calling this a seagull.

Nice work. Looks like we came to the same decision by different routes! I had a crow in mind rather than a seagull but played safe and said 'bird'!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey guys ... Thanks Jeff, like i said on the phone i wasnt intented on shooting this "bird"/ object in my photo at all... i so sorry for the work that everyone has put in to finding out the truth. I can say that it was not done by any part intentionally to try and fool anyone, im very new to this UFO and ET stuff and really didnt realize any object in the picture till miguel pointed it out... Again I am very sorry for the amount of work that was put into discovering the truth. at least we all know now and will be keeping our eyes open
have a great week..

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by babiebrina05
Again I am very sorry for the amount of work that was put into discovering the truth. at least we all know now and will be keeping our eyes open
have a great week..

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i would like to thank every one especialy jritzmann and springer for making us feel so welcomed here i feel a bit embarrassed but atleast we know the truth, thanks jritz for spending some time looking at our pic.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
As always, a great analysis Jeff! I also like it that you show a lot of sensitivity in your interpretations of these photo's because you know that when people post their images here, they are hoping, just like all of us here are, that what's showing in those images are UFO's. And sometimes they are that, but when they are not, at least you take the time to explain everything in detail so as to back up your conclusions on why they are not.
Keep up the good work! You're doing a great job!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thanx Pala, means more then ya know.

And Springer's absolutely right, in no way should Miguel or Sabrina feel anything other then gratitude from us for showing them as feely as they did. Sabrina was such an open book on the phone and was as I said so gracious to give me what I needed to get the job done.

Theyre both examples of what we need at ATS. Thanx to you both, you're the reason I care enough to do what I do here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join