It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GLOBE Contrail Team Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Looks like the Government is now in business to re-educate the mass's on contrails.

Just what are they trying to cover up?

asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Looks like the Government is now in business to re-educate the mass's on contrails.

Just what are they trying to cover up?

asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

i'd like to see a science book from the fifties, sixties, or seventies about this phenomena of "persistant contrails", because as beaten to death in the "painting the sky" thread, i don't remember ever seeing that. now it is a common occurence.

curious, too, ...why is a "space agency" doing the job of an "air agency"?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What 'air agency'?

Perhaps NASA has finally gotten sick of people going off the deep end about 'chemtrails' and has decided they need to point out the obvious?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
What 'air agency'?

Perhaps NASA has finally gotten sick of people going off the deep end about 'chemtrails' and has decided they need to point out the obvious?

Doubtful. Besides, 'chemtrails' may be moot, but the technique has been described by the USAF. I believe it's posted on the front page of ATS as 'weather modification'.

Tell me, if 'we' have gone off the deep end, then why have they discussed possible methods of dispursing 'chemicals' into the air to modify the weather? Apparently, it's not as much of a joke as you may think.

Give me a break.

[Edited on 12/20/2003 by Bangin]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What 'air agency'?

have i gone off the deep end because i don't believe contrails are formed in outer space?

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by billybob]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Where do they say contrails are formed in outer space?

Yes banging, but in all the chemtrails discussions, people sure arent discussing cloud seeding. There is random discussion that 'they' are poisoning/testing/engineering us with these chemtrails. With no evidence whatsoever apart from the fact that these chemtrails are indistinguishable from regular contrails. Perhaps someone decided an official rebuke to this paranoia would be a good idea.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Where do they say contrails are formed in outer space?

they don't. that's just it. nasa is a space agancy, not a weather agency. so why does nasa feel compelled to have anything to do with the topic(all of a sudden)?

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by billybob]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What agency would be better suited to referring to contrails in an educational context? The site isnt there to debunk chemtrails, it is there discussing research into possible effects from extensive contrails.

(You know what NASA stands for right?)

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

What agency would be better suited to referring to contrails in an educational context? The site isnt there to debunk chemtrails, it is there discussing research into possible effects from extensive contrails.

(You know what NASA stands for right?)

okay, ya got me. i forgot about the aeronautics part.

i disagree that the site isn't there to debunk chemtrails, though. if they put up a picture of a chemtrail and label it contrail, this is the re-education of which we speak.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   

With no evidence whatsoever apart from the fact that these chemtrails are indistinguishable from regular contrails. Perhaps someone decided an official rebuke to this paranoia would be a good idea.

they are indistinguishable from regular contrails?

you just proved that you know nothing about this subject so why are you speaking out about it?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You know once the water vapour leaves the engine its subject to regular old laws of nature right? So it is in effect a normal high altitude cloud. As such it does whatever the prevailing conditions want it to. Some dissipate, some spread out.

Don't you think meteorologists of all people would know? There are tens of thousands of them around the world, plus probably just as many students currently studying weather patterns. Isn't it likely that they'd be kicking up a fuss if these contrails didn't do what they'd expect from regular old clouds?

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO you just proved that you know nothing about this subject so why are you speaking out about it?
And how is that? Maybe you can help us understand how the elements that are supposed to be in "chemtrails" can survive the extreme conditions of high altitude? This question has never been answered by chemtrail proponents.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yes banging, but in all the chemtrails discussions, people sure arent discussing cloud seeding.

Cloud seeding was discussed in my thread. But, as soon as I mentioned the techniques used for cloud seeding, no one else brought it up.

"I've read that there are a couple of methods for seeding clouds. The cheapest and most common method is by a ground generator. The other method is by dropping the artificial ice crystals out of an aircraft directly into a cloud. I've never read that they 'create' the clouds, as these trails tend to do.

Besides, the information provided does not correlate to the methods used for 'cloud seeding'. In fact, there's no talk at all about silver iodide crystals, but "other" chemicals.

Cloud seeding is a form of weather modification, but I believe many doors have been opened since its introduction. Based on my research, cloud seeding would not explain these trails."

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

With no evidence whatsoever apart from the fact that these chemtrails are indistinguishable from regular contrails. Perhaps someone decided an official rebuke to this paranoia would be a good idea.

you just proved that you know nothing about this subject so why are you speaking out about it?

Neo is correct...except he should have replaced the "you" with "I"...

Remember, if you disagree with him, he will attack you with drivel like this...

By the way, Neo, over in the other thread, I answered your question about my qualifications to comment on this type of thread, and asked you for yours. You haven't answered me there...How about here?

What qualifications do you bring to the party, other than just saying, "because I say it's so", ... and ridiculing people...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

This claim has been made many times, but I have never seen any proof of it.

Just how do you distinguish "chemtrails" from contrails?

Since persistant contrails have been consistantly documented back to the dawn of high altitude flight, just what is it abouth "chemtrails," besides persistance that disdinguishes them from contrails?

top topics

join