It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Hill Dimension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been a Silent Hill fan for ages.
What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to have an altered dimensional world like the first Silent Hill.
So much evil would boil up and create another dimension of wicked, terrible unimanginable creatures. I don't exactly mean those creatures from the movie or the video game. Just there mere thought that somewhere in this world, there is an altered dimension of evil--that isn't necessarily hell but pretty close to it.
Anyone know any odd experiences?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, if you subscribe to the "infinite parallel dimensions" theory, then you've just made it real, so to speak. Bring your shotgun.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
Well, if you subscribe to the "infinite parallel dimensions" theory, then you've just made it real, so to speak. Bring your shotgun.

I couldn't have said it better. If we are going to create a hell, lets make it a cool hell though. Lots of mind altering substances, women, junk food, killer tunes, etc...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
....barbecues, pool parties, strip clubs...

But if that theory is right, then it means I've created about a hundred different Forgotten Realms (Like in R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms) worlds already...and counting. Cool. Now, the question is, how to get to these worlds.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
....barbecues, pool parties, strip clubs...

But if that theory is right, then it means I've created about a hundred different Forgotten Realms (Like in R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms) worlds already...and counting. Cool. Now, the question is, how to get to these worlds.

Take the red and the blue pill

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Groovy...
I just hope you can't OD on those pills. Maybe I'll get a blackout, and then I'll wake up in the middle of the Rub-al-Chali desert with no clue as to how I got there while in fact I was hoping to end up just outside either Neverwinter, Ten-Towns or Baldur's Gate... Freaky.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

I've always been privy to that particular theory. I find it disturbing that absolutely everything imaginable and beyond is happening as we speak - if you subscribe that is...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I just figured the alternate dimension was the player going too far through the town and you accidentally stumbled into the ghetto.

Its a shame what happened to that series though. It went the way of Resident Evil. A really bad movie and I just read theres going to be a really bad arcade shooter. I guess the attention span of the average video game player just isnt long enough for ambience, drama and tension. They just want to smash ghost children with pipes in the school. Shame.

*Completely off topic*, looks like Alan Wake will bring the story and atmosphere back into horror gaming.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Whilst the SH movie wasn't great, it was still a hell of a lot better than the RE movies.

As for the SH games, I never played them

I love the Resi games though, shame they are going the way of Resi 4 though as I love the way the original works, REmake on the Cube is the greatest.

As for a possible SH type dimension, I suppose it is possible, depends on how you see the Universe I would guess. You could even say that our dimension is the intersection between Heaven and Hell, where good and evil are balanced.

Then you could suppose that a SH dimension exists inbetween here and Hell.

The thing is all these diferent dimmensions feed each other. So the darkness from a SH type dimension may seap into our via nightmares making our world darker, however when we goto the SH dimension, we take our own hells with us making it darker and our own hopes making it lighter. Thus ballance is always maintained. The same would be true for Heaven like dimensions between here and heaven.

Course I just thought all this up, but it is a nice possible thoery ^_^

top topics

join