It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
For UFOs these days id say its a triangle craft.

Why are they by an airport. Like Howard Beach is by JFK.

To pick up transponder coordinates.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
Used PSP9 and the Glowing Edges filter to try and give a better idea of the shape:

Doesn't look like a plane to me.

Grey

I know I'm gonna get puched for leaving the image... but MAN. WELL DONE GREY!!!

*best Steve Irwin voice* CROIKEE! Check out DROPA STONES. The movie TAKEN. The TETHER Incident. Just to name a few reference points right off the top of my head. THIS is VERY well done. THESE buggahs ahhh round. NOT TRIangulah... nahhh... croikee...

DENY IT? KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT! *ignoranceflailingonthefloor*

*evilgrin*

SPout

[edit on 24/202/07 by Southpaw11]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't see anything in that photo other than a sky, some clouds, and some trees.

How about now? I only ask because I can see what appears to be a metallic disc shaped object.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Makes me wonder just how often we are gonna see this UFO . One at O'Hare and now NYC. Where's the next one gonna be? Kinda like the Steatlh fighter. Nobody new what it was until it started showing itself more often over the years. Is this the next fighter saucer deal? Or totally not military at all. Guess will have to wait and see. Nice picture.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
miguelbmx - Can you give us any more details about it? What about direction, flight path, speed or any other behaviour?

In the enhanced pic, it does look like a (metallic?) disc shaped object that is tilted toward the camera view. After a couple of hours with several other apps, I can't get a better image than the one I posted earlier.

I must confess, I'd never seen the O'Hare image before today either. Where is O'Hare in relation to NYC? I'm in the UK, so US geography isn't a strong point of mine!

Thanks for sharing the image miguelbmx.

Grey

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't see anything in that photo other than a sky, some clouds, and some trees.

You might consider getting your glasses or contact lense checked?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I believe the object is nothing more than a bird as I have stated in an earlier post. What looks like a dome is not part of the dark object but background cloud. The images below explain what I mean.

The last picture is a result of basic enhancements - adjustment in contrast and brightness and digital photo enhancement. The remaining shape is what I believe to be that of a bird in flight. Probably heading for the trees below.

Why is it being compared to the O'Hare photo which is, I understand, somewhat suspicious?

Dae

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I believe the object is nothing more than a bird as I have stated in an earlier post. What looks like a dome is not part of the dark object but background cloud. The images below explain what I mean.

I have to agree with torsion here, nice work!

[edit on 25/2/07 by Dae]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
torsion - Now there's a good illustration of what image enhancement can do. I get one result, you get something completely different. I saw a disc shaped object in the original pic and put all my effort into enhancing just that. Perhaps I need to start thinking a bit more outside the box.

To be honest, after seeing your pics, I'm inclined to think you might be right. Got to stay open minded

Grey

Dae

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

To be honest, after seeing your pics, I'm inclined to think you might be right. Got to stay open minded

Grey

You can see it in your pic too, I drew in some background cloud:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

torsion - Now there's a good illustration of what image enhancement can do. I get one result, you get something completely different. I saw a disc shaped object in the original pic and put all my effort into enhancing just that. Perhaps I need to start thinking a bit more outside the box.

Grey

Thanks, Grey. I've never really been a fan of enhancement because it can add information to the image that doesn't exist and confuse matters further. It isn't an exact science, for sure! As you say, you get a disc- I get a bird! But looking back at yours, you too have pretty much the same shape as I have, only yours is outlined with a flourescent green border which gives it its 'disc' look.
cheers...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Has Jeff looked at this one yet? It looks like a bird to me but let's wait and see what Jeff says on this.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southpaw11

*best Steve Irwin voice* CROIKEE! Check out DROPA STONES. The movie TAKEN. The TETHER Incident. Just to name a few reference points right off the top of my head. THIS is VERY well done. THESE buggahs ahhh round. NOT TRIangulah... nahhh... croikee...

DENY IT? KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT! *ignoranceflailingonthefloor*

Dropa Stones - generally considered a hoax.
Taken - like you said, it's a movie.
The Tether Incident - particles from ruptured tether floating close to camera - camera unable to focus on the particles so produces the by now standard discs with hole in centre and notch.

If you want to create your own 'tether ufos' try this -

take a digital camera, set the resolution to its lowest, have the flash on, give a cushion a good thumping and take a shot just over the cushion. You'll probably see the dust particle with the naked eye as the flash fires. When you put the pics on your pc you'll have lots of discs with holes in the centre and maybe even a notch at the edge. Post them here for comparison! Different cameras seem to give different designs! They are less prevalent these days because cameras are achieving higher and higher resolutions.

Kill it, kill it kill it, if you like!!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Has Jeff looked at this one yet? It looks like a bird to me but let's wait and see what Jeff says on this.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Palasheea]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Springer, thanks for the pointer to the other thread. Would someone tell me who Jeff is please? I have no idea.

Cheers,
Grey

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join