It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA plans for psychotic astronaut with duct tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

NASA's plan for unstable astronauts: Duct tape, tranquilizers

Source Link: www.cnn.com

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- What would happen if an astronaut became mentally unstable in space and, say, destroyed the ship's oxygen system or tried to open the hatch and kill everyone aboard?

That was the question after the apparent breakdown of Lisa Nowak, arrested this month on charges she tried to kidnap and kill a woman she regarded as her rival for another astronaut's affections.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
[sarcasm]Dr. Patricia Santy, a former NASA psychiatrist and author of the book "Choosing the Right Stuff," said " We reviewed the film Armegeddon and came to the conclusion that duct tape is a remarkable restraint device in conjunction with incapacitating injections. The afflicted astronaut actually has a Jimi Hendrix type euphoria, and nobody gets hurt.
Let me say that all credit goes to Hollywood on this remedy." [/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Jim Lovell, Jack Swigert, and Fred Haise

Ask those guys about the power of duct tape!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I just suddenly got the mental image of trying to subdue a maniac in zero gravity. It would be like a game of twister, taken to the extreme

Surely they have had contingency plans for this, Human beings have a track record of breaking down at the worst possible moment. I know that for a fact, I've been married.

Still, I look forward to learning more.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I didnt know i was going to outer space!!!!!

Where do i get my gear?

I knew id make it big one day. I hope the tranks are good quality!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
MrWupy, you had me laughing myself silly. (Mainly because I can relate. lol)
We had a thread recently about the greatest invention ever and duct tape made top of the list from several posters. One more use for the greatest invention ever.
I guess NASA had to go with something multifunctional and that wouldn't be perceived as critically as, I don't know, uh, anesthedarts and a stun gun?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wrap them up in duct tape and inject 'em with Valium....sounds like a good plan to me!

new topics

top topics

join