It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essene version of Revelation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You see the same things echoed in other prophecies from faiths around the world. Polution, death, destruction, and what could only be described as Thermo Nuclear Weapons. Did the ancients know about nukes?

And I opened the first seal.
And I saw, and beheld the Angel of the Air,
And between her lips flowed the breath of life,
And she knelt over the earth
And gave to man the winds of wisdom,
And man breathed in.
And when he breathed out, the sky darkened,
And the sweet air became fetid,
And clouds of evil smoke hung low over all the earth.
And I turned my face away in shame.

And I opened the second seal.
And I saw, and beheld the Angel of the Water.
And between her lips flowed the water of life,
And she knelt over the Earth
And gave to man an ocean of love.
And man entered the clear and shining waters.
And when he touched the water, the clear streams darkened,
And the crystal waters became thick with slime,
And the fish lay gasping in the foul blackness,
And all the creatures died of thirst.
And I turned my face away in shame.

And I opened the third seal.
And I saw and beheld the Angel of the Sun.
And between her lips flowed the light of life,
And she knelt over the earth
And gave to man the Fires of Power.
And the strength of the Sun entered the heart of man,
And he took the power, and made with it a false sun,
And he spread the fires of destruction,
Burning the forests,
Laying waste the green valleys,
Leaving only charred bones of his brothers.
And I turned away in shame.

More....
www.exodus2006.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What is the source for this text? E B Szekely is listed at the translator, where did he get the text from? What is it based on? He seems to be a new age writer, rather than a classical researcher.

What from that text means a knowledge of nukes? All a nuke is is a big explosion. Surely the ancients knew about bursts of fire.

It looks like this isnt' even an ancient text anyway

essenes.net...

Szekely Essenes: Readers of the Gospel of Peace scribed by Szekely. These sometimes accept other channeled modern texts like the Gospel of the Holy 12 and the Aquarian Gospel. These often believe in Szekely's Essene Communions but seldom do them. These often associate the name with dairy using vegetarianism, fasting, enemas and colonics. Often new agers, hippies, health nuts, and proclaimed raw foodists. (Historians say new Essenes were given a maddock when they joined the group, some Szekely Essenes would seem to change this to an enema bag.)

I don't see how it can be taken as proof of anything if its a modern text. What is the source?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What is the source for this text? E B Szekely is listed at the translator, where did he get the text from? What is it based on? He seems to be a new age writer, rather than a classical researcher.

It seems to have been hidden in the Vatican Archives.

Another amazing discovery was made in 1923. Edmond Bordeaux Szekely was able to discover Essene documents in the secret archives of the Vatican. In his book The Discovery of the Essene Gospel of Peace, he tells the story of how two chess players helped him meet the renowned Msgr. Angelo Mercati, Prefect of the Vatican Archives. He told the Prefect of his desire to learn all he could of the Saint called Francis. He was allowed to research the vast 25 miles of bookshelves containing scrolls, parchments, paper manuscripts and codices. Within the labarinth he found an aramaic translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace as well as the The Essene Book of Revelation. His research led him to seek out the Benedictine monastary of Monte Cassino. He was allowed, because of a letter of Msgr. had written granting access to the large vitrines in the Scriptorium. There he found the original Hebrew codices of The Essene Gospel of Peace, the source for the Aramaic version found at the secret Vatican Archives.

reluctant-messenger.com...

Sounds very Davinci Code-ish.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He 'discovered' it in the secret vatican archives?

Sounds like baloney. And looks like he says he found it along with the "gospel of peace", which is specifically cited by other essene groups as being a channeled work, not an artifact.

Here is another take on this:
essenes.net...

They note that there is nothing to show that he had access to teh archives, lists of who is admited to the archives are kept, like most other libraries.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

join