It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Protect Girls Forced to Convert to Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by djohnsto77
That is not correct Nygdan. The Christian religion spread quite organically throughout Europe following the death of Christ

If shoving adders down the throats of pagan is organic, then I suppose so.

Of course there were scattered cases of Inquision and forced conversions within Europe, these were more the exception than the rule.

The inquisition was used to prevent laxity in their christian worship, and force medeval jews to become christian. What I am talking about is the period before that.
Christianity spread through violence, and utterly wiped out the native religions of the area. Islam also spread through violence, but at least it didn't exterminate the other religions.

Christianity was spread forceably in the Americas by Spain yes, but that's long after Christianity had well established itself in Europe and is again more of an exception.

How is it an exception? Thats like arguing that the spread of islam into persia and africa were the exceptions, or that the fanaticism of the berbers was an exception.

All the propagandistic religions spread in the company of violence. And christianity was the most violent of them all, it completely destroyed the old religions.

Totally agreed with Nygdan. Not too mention that an estimated 3 million people died because of the inquisition, many being women and children who Christians falsely believed worshiped satan through the use of magic and being called a witch. Hooray for the Malleus Maleficarum link: check it out here

but lets not care about that right now. Why does religion always have to be involved in some sort of flame war, be it here, on the news, or in real life. So what if people are trying to get social change from an old guard ideology. We still have a far way to go yet, and freedom of religion has to do with that, yes people aren't Christian, but there is no need for that religion, or any other for that matter, to stand up on a podium and say that they are the one true religion. Let people live their lives, and respect them for who they are with the flames of the rapture being spoken as every third word. Which is sickening in itself.

And if its a holy war that some are truly after, leave me out of it, I rather have peace than war, and not have to deal with this school ground mentality of personal attacks based on which religion is better, or which religion is taking over the world!

- Azure

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Just another example of how Islam hasn't changed much at all since its inception and certainly is no religion of peace.

Do you know what a stereotype is? Can you tell me what the difference is between that and what you're doing?

Explain to me why it's ok to judge all of Islam on what extremists do, and yet the same rule cannot apply to your own faith.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I find it so hard to believe that this kind of thing is going on in Modern Day Britain.
I notice in the article a link
to muslim pupils, needing their own showers.
They were saying the exact same thing here in Australia and I made a post about it some time ago.

It's sad that these extremists give muslims such a bad name, I do however think though if you live in England you follow England's laws same as US, Australia etc:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It shouldn't be happening anywhere in the world. The ones who are forcing conversion need to brush up on their Islam and read the Quran, where it says that there can't be any compulsion in religion.

Faith isn't faith if it's forced.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Shots its people like you who cause problems in this world in the first place, you search for articles to make people go against muslims, little articles which has nothing to do with the average everyday muslim, who wants nothing to do with these petty things you all hear in the news.

You dont even realise that you are an example of the accomplishments of these extremist terrorists, they want you to be scared, they want you to cause problems, and get angry. If you keep thinking like this, they are going to win. Do you even have any muslim friends, maybe then your views will change.

These extremists are the enemy of not only you, but muslims too, your way of thinking scares the average muslim people who just want to live a normal life, without people on the street staring at them, whispering "look a terrorist hehe"

[edit on 24-2-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Shots its people like you who cause problems in this world in the first place, you search for articles to make people go against muslims, little articles which has nothing to do with the average everyday muslim, who wants nothing to do with these petty things you all hear in the news.

Yeah...shoot the messenger...the oldest play in the book

Oh, and yeah, it's petty that people are being killed, forced to convert, etc., etc., etc.

[edit on 2/24/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Have you been stereotyping all Muslims with what extremists do?

Oh, and yeah, it's petty that people are being killed, forced to convert, etc., etc., etc.

It's bad indeed, regardless of the faith. What's worse is that it's used as a tool by people to use as "evidence" to create a stereotype against an entire faith.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yes Christianity had a vioent begining mostly got over it. Islam is not a new movement that started a few years ago. Its been going for over a thousand years, it should have grown up by now.

In the UK they should look at British history while studying in Mosques and Madrassa. They will not that in the past we tolerated people for a bit and then murdered them off. The Jews going back a bit come to mind. Years after they were not allowed to own land etc.

As some posters have said talk to people and see what they say. In the background there is the Muslim brotherhood they do talk about stuff behind our backs because we Kafir are inferior. But what they forget is we too are discussing stuff and Muslims are excluded from the conversation. We are not as free and easy in our conversations with them so maybe they don't know what is going on in our minds. It is easy to indentify a bunch of people who change their name and wear comedy beards and exclude them, treat them with suspicion.

When I talk to people they still mention the fact that our official documentation was changed years ago to not offend "darkies". Forms used to ask what was your Christian name, now it asks for your first name. This was years ago but the resentment is still there. Even people who had no time for Christianity were peed off and the resentment is still there. The PC Government of the UK can try to impose all the multiculturism it likes. The British people will take so much, if resentment grew enough the Government would not be the Goverment anymore.

And lets face it, they have not got enough troops in the UK to squash any rebellion...they are all on a Crusade in the Middle East

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Have you been stereotyping all Muslims with what extremists do?

No one is stereotyping them, there are whole countries that are doing it all on their own. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. Example SAUDI Arabia and
Afghanistan: Christian Convert Faces Execution

[edit on 2/24/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
look, folks, i could not care less if nuts and a-holes claim their religion justifies it all, nor is this a contest of atrocities, so i could not care less which religious Movement's track record involves more death and destuction, because theys are all the same, only times change and, along with it, motives, incentives and context.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
No one is stereotyping them, there are whole countries that are doing it all on their own.

I would disagree:

Just another example of how Islam hasn't changed much at all since its inception and certainly is no religion of peace.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck.

And what is the "duck", in this sense: Extremists or Muslims? Are you saying that if the minority extremist groups commit violence, then it's enough justification to label every other Muslim in the world as the "duck"?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Nygdan, what have Christian actions from hundreds of years ago got to do with the current situation now? Surely one situation doesn't excuse another, especially when seperated by the centuries....

Most of the UK isn't even religious, so Christianity is not an issue here.

[edit on 23/2/07 by stumason]

There lies the problem. Although I admire most of the secular mentality of britain, it has become unsecular by cowing before the Muslims. Secular britain cannot last forever.

Its because there isn't some sort of counter force to counter Islam. Only religon can be defeated by religon in a situation like this.

There is a power vacuum in britain. Power hates vacuums. Something is gonna fill it, whether we like it or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised that they would have to convert new blood by force. That is there way and that is why they were unworthy of the women to begin with.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Its because there isn't some sort of counter force to counter Islam. Only religon can be defeated by religon in a situation like this.

There is a power vacuum in britain. Power hates vacuums. Something is gonna fill it, whether we like it or not.

do you know what the Chinese are doing to people who think they are somehow special, in a religious sense? are they religious?

well, in this case the winning 'religion' is a machinegun cult

PS: fanatics hate bullets travelling the wrong way

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Or rather: Be wise to the messenger who has an agenda.

Bit like yourself Dj.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join