It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Talk about White Privilege

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Dog
You have voted Dock6 for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Truthseeka those posts don't sound like you. The style is very different.
Anything up with that?

I have no idea what you mean, seeing as you have only 16 total ATS points.

I guess you've been lurking for a while.

But, like HarlemHottie said, recent events in this forum have changed a number of posters here. And yes, I'm going here...

A certain member here recently had a bunch of other members basically jump them. This member undoubtedly has been significantly affected by this. The other members even formed a sort of coalition to ostracize this member.

But hey, it is what it is...I just roll with the punches.

And, PS, stop stalking me!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Dock6,

This conversation is about the US. What are you not getting?

Stop derailing the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
She was clearly talking about all whites.

No.

HE was talking about white Americans, as were the articles. Continue to derail this thread, it's quite entertaining.

No it isn't.. if it were it would have been put into the american politics forum. If australians are not welcome to speak on this issue.. maybe she should refer specifically to 'american whites' opposed to 'all whites'.

This is eerie.. Truth Seeker has never asked me not to post in the past.. must be another strange co-incidence.. spookie!

Truthseeka (someone else has the tag Truth Seeker
) did NOT ask you to not post in this thread. I did not even know you were Australian; I was referring to Dock6. AND, I was not saying don't post if you're Australian, I was pointing out that this is about American society.

Feel free to keep derailing; I have nothing else to say, as I have clarified this.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hey, HarlemHottie !!

Open your eyes. Read carefully.

(1) My comments are predominantly aimed at US problems with whining individuals who choose to identify as 'black' (despite their often predominant white and other lineage)

(2) YOU do not dictate the terms of discussion

I know you TRY to. But deal with it. This is a forum. Posters are not restrained to debating according to your dictates.

This is a trick that you and Truthseeker-cum-Ceci frequently attempt to run when discussions are not going your way.

I've read numerous other threads where you and Ceci-Truthseeka have tried to GAG posters by attempting to dictate terms of discussion.

Your OTHER threadbare trick is to threaten to 'go to the mods' when you don't get your own way.

If the ONLY discussions you can tolerate are those in which EVERYONE has to OBEY YOU ------- then by all means, begin a thread with exclusive participation of one-only posters: yourself. That should gaurantee you a good time.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ahhh,

Let those true colors out, Dock6!! Feels great, huh?

In case you didn't know, Africans are not devoid of civilization. Examples such as ancient Ghana, Mali, Nubia, and Great Zimbabwe are just ignored. The most obvious example, ancient Kemet (what you call ancient Egypt), was flat-out stolen from us.

But hey, let your feelings FLOW!!! I LOVE it!

Note to mods: As y'all close this thread (which I'm sure y'all eventually will, due to responses such as Dock6's), keep in mind that I kept it civil, not to mention real. I will continue to refrain from attacking/insulting members, as Dock6 has done to me and all people of African descent with that offensive comment there.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE HAVE ADVANTAGES THAT OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT.

Tall people enjoy greater prestige and will do better on job interviews than shorter people.

LET US HAVE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FOR LITTLE PEOPLE.

Good looking people really clean up in society compared to ugly people. They are treated better and enjoy faster promotions in the workplace.

LET US HAVE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FOR UGLY PEOPLE.

Smart people are the wost in my opinion. They are always beating me to the goodies that life has to offer and are so damned smug when they hand me the mop and bucket.

LET US HAVE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FOR DUMMIES.

Jocks get all the good jobs, especially black jocks.

LET US HAVE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FOR SPASTIC, UNCOORDINATED, UNATHLETIC WHITE PEOPLE.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have no idea what that means, groingrinder. As for your issues about affirmative action, take those to an AA thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
My comments are predominantly aimed at US problems

No, you mention Australia, Africa, and even Norway, but never America.

YOU do not dictate the terms of discussion

No, the site owners do.

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages ...
T&C

I know you TRY to... This is a trick that you and Truthseeker-cum-Ceci frequently attempt to run when discussions are not going your way.

Dock6, it seems that you're having trouble telling us apart. I asked once if Semper's thread about successful blacks had gone off-topic. I have no pattern of behavior similar to that which you're suggesting.

So, stop lying. And it's not me saying it, it's the site owners.

You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Your OTHER threadbare trick is to threaten to 'go to the mods' when you don't get your own way.

And, once again...

You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

I apologize, truthseeka, for derailing your thread. Sincerely. Any further off-topic exchanges will be taken to u2u.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

She was clearly talking about all whites.

No.

HE was talking about white Americans, as were the articles.

The term 'whites' is a universal one.. not an american one.

Continue to derail this thread, it's quite entertaining.

Now you sound like TS..

Truthseeka (someone else has the tag Truth Seeker
) did NOT ask you to not post in this thread. I did not even know you were Australian; I was referring to Dock6. AND, I was not saying don't post if you're Australian, I was pointing out that this is about American society.

The cultures have similarities.

Feel free to keep derailing; I have nothing else to say, as I have clarified this.

Yet you didn't address my intitial post [about the threat of losing the perks which aren't really helping the culture anyway]. You went from sounding like you were giving a well researched university leacture to sounding like you're having a chinwag in a pub. You also spoke of discrimation against non whites as being a very serious issue and then said only a couple of posts later that you've got no probs with Docks slamming Aussie aboriginals. Split personality.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Good one, Hottie!

No need to apologize. And, thanks for the big ups to my thread.

AND, you gotta just love the irony; white posters use white privilege to deny the existence of white privilege (as the articles note occurs).

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have no idea what that means, groingrinder. As for your issues about affirmative action, take those to an AA thread.

I have no idea what you are talking about. This thread is already about affirmative action.
From the very first post.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The term 'whites' is a universal one.. not an american one.

Wait...was it not you who stressed that not all people of European descent are the same? (and you say I'm contradictory)

Now you sound like TS..

And now you derail this thread further. Just know I am still laughing.

The cultures have similarities.

Irrelevant. The thread is still about American society.

Yet you didn't address my intitial post [about the threat of losing the perks which aren't really helping the culture anyway]. You went from sounding like you were giving a well researched university leacture to sounding like you're having a chinwag in a pub. You also spoke of discrimation against non whites as being a very serious issue and then said only a couple of posts later that you've got no probs with Docks slamming Aussie aboriginals. Split personality.

In case you didn't know, I am fond of using sarcasm on these boards (with regards to my comments to Dock6). I know you would prefer me to use similar tactics in rebuttal, but like I said, this one stays civil (from my stance, anyway).

No idea what a chinwag is, but I'm assuming it's beer. Nothing wrong with beer.
As for your insinuation that I'm starting to sound like a drunk buffoon, you're entitled to your opinions.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

AND, you gotta just love the irony; white posters use white privilege to deny the existence of white privilege (as the articles note occurs).

Except for the small problem of not being able to see what colour skin we have. Bit of a stretch there TS.

Hey.. maybe you could just say you're white and you'll get all the special luxuries we get at ATS!
The KKK forum doesn't show up until you tell a mod you're a whitey..

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Exactly !

Why NOT affirmative action for ugly people ?

And for dummies?

And for the technology challenged?

And for divorced people?

And for the children of divorced people?

And the parents and extended families of divorced, and ugly, and technology challenged people?

Then, it would be nice if we had affirmative action for Mediterraneans?

After all, a lot of them inherited dark skin too.

And we shouldn't leave out pale people, should we?

It's not nice for pale people to be surrounded by hostile dark people.

No one seems to have ANY sympathy or understanding for the pale skinned people of the world.

Some of them burn in the slightest sun, even cloudy conditions.

And that's painful.

They go red.

When they're all sunburned and red and itchy and flaking, they are discriminated against in ALL kinds of situations: e.g. social, career, etc.

What happens to Norwegians and Scots when they are forced by circumstance to move to the warmer States in the US? They stand out. They are discriminated against. They can't help being so pale they're almost blue. They can't help getting sunburned. They are a minority amongst the black populations. How many black bar-owners have willingly employed a Swede or a Scot ?

And WHAT happens to pale skinned people when they inadvertently wander into black ghettos? They're robbed. Their cars are stolen. They're mugged. They're attacked. They're raped and killed. They're forced to listen to horrible music.

Why is that?

Why is there so much black intolerance towards pale skinned people?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'll be in the 'white minority' and admit that there is probably something valid in the claims of white privilege. I just don't notice it because I'm not looking for it.

These discussions make me feel naive. When I am passed over for a job and a black person gets it, I assume that it is because they are more qualified than I am. True or not, I prefer to think like that instead of crying that I am being discriminated against because of affirmative action.

Originally posted by Dock6
In FACT ----------- it's my belief that blacks in the US should be down on their knees, thanking Whitey for providing them SO MANY GREAT OPPORTUNITIES !

That's strikingly similar to the claim that Jews should thank Hitler because without him, Israel wouldn't exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have no idea what you are talking about. This thread is already about affirmative action.
From the very first post.

Gee, grinder,

I need to get that eye exam I've been talking about. I could have SWORN this thread was about white privilege. I could have SWORN Jensen used AA to illustrate a point about white privilege. Aw, shucks; I'm going blind.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Dock6...

See response to groingrinder. Take your requests for AA for all to a thread about AA.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Truthseeka, YOU may wish to claim there exists white privilege.

Clearly, there are many who disgree that such exists.

And they've made their points clearly.

Africans increased their population by over 3,000 % in less than 150 years.

They continue to increase their population.

And they DO so because they are interbreeding with whites, pinks, yellows, etc.

Now --- does THAT sound as if blacks are underprivileged ?

Further, whom do you claim to be 'black' ?

How many full-blood blacks remain in the US ? Are there ANY ?

Is it not a fact that the vast majority of 'blacks' in the US are mixed-race?

Is it not a fact that the vast majority of blacks in the US are PREDOMINANTLY white, or Cuban, or Indian, or Hispanic, etc. ?

So WHY do these people CHOOSE to IDENTIFY as BLACK ?

They're NOT 'black'. They're mixed race.

Are they CHOOSING to IDENTIFY as BLACK because it GRANTS THEM NUMEROUS ADVANTAGES ? It appears this is the case.

WHY are mixed-race individuals CLINGING to a BLACK identity?

WHY instead aren't they identifying as German, Hispanic, Canadian, Cuban, etc., AS IS ACTUALLY THEIR ETHNICITY ?

WHY are those with darker skins JUMPING at the opportunity to BE BLACK?

And WHO do they think they're fooling ?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Wait...was it not you who stressed that not all people of European descent are the same? (and you say I'm contradictory)

Well if you go back a page you'll see thats what I had the problem with. It's universally used as a racial slur.. you needed to be told that we are not all alike. Now apparently you just think that all american whites are alike.. in hich case I'd but in anyway because I don't like racism.

Irrelevant. The thread is still about American society.

Thats not what the TOPIC and OP say. It speaks of both so yes we have enough reason to give our 2c.

In case you didn't know, I am fond of using sarcasm on these boards (with regards to my comments to Dock6). I know you would prefer me to use similar tactics in rebuttal, but like I said, this one stays civil (from my stance, anyway).

Thats not what I meant.. your personality was different. We're not suspecting you.. we are just telling you that you got caught out.

No idea what a chinwag is, but I'm assuming it's beer. Nothing wrong with beer.
As for your insinuation that I'm starting to sound like a drunk buffoon, you're entitled to your opinions.

Again.. completely different style than the OP. Yours is more layed back yet the other was rigid and patronising. Perhaps when people shop for ghost writers they should actually get someone that sounds like them.

[It gave me a laugh anyway..]
Edit. If you want to whine about it being an american topic.. don't advertise it as being otherwise [american is not the 'default' for everyone]. All whites will see it as being directed at them because it's about white privilege. This is suppose to be an international site.. other countries exist.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by riley]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The One Drop Rule explains most of that post.

This thread is about white privilege.

White privilege is REAL; holding up AA does NOT make white privilege non-existant. Again, AA would not have been created were it not for white privilege, which owes its creation to white supremacy.

I'm sure you read the articles, right?

And, once again:

This thread is about white privilege.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join