It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Muslims: 'Ban' Un-Islamic Schools

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Ok but here is the link,
godhelpbritain.blogspot.com...

That's a BLOG. Not an article.

Also I have seen old news footage of the 60's and 70,s where Muslims protested for the fact their daughters had to go swimming.

What's wrong with that? You want to force their daughters to go swmming?

I don't care about the ''MUST'' or ''DO's'' of it all but it clearly states there is a divide in culture here the same divide in culture if not extinguished ones of religious minorities in Islamic countries.

I don't understand that sentence, but what's wrong with a culturally diverse country?

This is just one hurdle put in front of democracy all happening all over the world for years by this religion and there are demands that take complete changes of public places that does not suite them.

People of different beliefs and cultures should be able to live together in a democracy. That's part of what a democracy is! And this thread mentions demands over and over, but as of yet, I have not seen ONE DEMAND made by anyone.

And there is nothing wrong with jihadwatch if that is a problem.

No. Nothing wrong with it. Just something wrong with posting a quote from somewhere else and NOT using external source tags and NOT linking it. It's against the T&C for one thing and it's lame for another. Plus the whole thing is a lie.

Yes it is in the PDF document too.

WHAT is in the PDF Document?

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The problem is not diversity it's keeping that diversity and if you keep a system that is for example a communist power that will in time distinguish democracy then it's beyond the point. Because democracy is easily challenged it can form into something else. In Holland a politician said in this democracy if you have enough people voting Sharia law then they can have it. Which is basically a shot in the foot because it will take another war of independence to get out of it.

Ok but here is the link, hope you enjoy the other articles.
godhelpbritain.blogspot.com...
ALSO THE BLOGS HAVE LINKS TO ARTICLES.

Also I have seen old news footage of the 60's and 70,s where Muslims protested for the fact their daughters had to go swimming.
THE PROTESTS WERE BECAUSE OF UNCOVERED MUSLIM GIRLS WHICH EFFECTS THEIR PARTICIPATION OF SCHOOL ACTIVITIES.

I don't care about the ''MUST'' or ''DO's'' of it all. there

I READ THAT SOME ONE STATED THAT NO WHERE DOES IT SAYS BRITISH SCHOOLS SHOULD GO DOWN THIS ROUTE FORCEFULLY. I AM NOT TOO INTERESTED IN THAT ASPECT OF THE ARGUEMENT.

But it clearly states is a divide in culture here the same divide in culture if not extinguished ones of religious minorities in Islamic countries. This is just one hurdle put in front of democracy that is happening all over the world and has done for years by this religion, there are demands that take complete changes of public places that does not suite them. This comes down that democracy or another other religion can not fit into Islam and the proof is in the seperatist attitude and actions.

THIS TREND IN ISLAM IS FOR EVENTUAL WORLD DOMINATION BE IT IN SMALL AMOUNTS OR POPULATION OVER GROWTH TO THROW OUT IT'S HOST NATION. MANY PLACES AROUND THE WORLD SHOW THAT ISLAM SEPERATES AND CAN NOT MOULD TO ANOTHER SYSTEM.

And there is nothing wrong with jihadwatch if that is a problem.
PDF Document (linked previously)
Yes it is in the PDF document too.
education.guardian.co.uk...
Also another article here.
[edit on 23-2-2007 by The time lord]
www.mcb.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

education.guardian.co.uk...

This source says:

The government today dismissed calls from Britain's leading Islamic group for schools to do more to accommodate Muslim pupils who want to wear a headscarf or grow a beard.

So, the government said "no". Now let's see what happens.

Also another article here.
www.mcb.org.uk...

This is the original MCB document (linked 4-5 times now) and nowhere does it say "Schools Must" do this and that. LOOK at it yourself. Do a search of the document. READ it! You'll educate yourself on what the are ASKING for.

Or else keep embracing and spreading ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am not saying 'yes' is the ‘no’ to that issue but the ideas are there and challenges brought foreword that was the point. Even if it does not go ahead it is one of many issues being brought up by Muslims that want to take away anything that does not fit into their political faith. To me it does not sound like integration. The only ignorance is seeing that there is not a problem when over the top demands is needed. An incompatibility with our modern culture is blinded by saying it does not exist when it's evident in a case like this successful or not. So even if these are proposals how many others separatist needs and demands are needed, you just need to read the papers? I don't see this free treatment in the Middle East with the countless minority groups that could have been their making equal demands. The only people that do are amnesty international are they anti-Islamic too?
Remember even speaking up against Islam will get you sent to jail in those countries.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This isnt really surprising. Radical Muslims want the world to be a massive Islamic state.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Thanks for posting a misleading title. You claim they want to "ban Un-Islamic Schools" and yet the first line of the article states:

DEMANDS for a ban on “un-Islamic” activities in schools will be set out by the Muslim Council of Britain today.

Nice try, but you're not going to get far posting misleading titles. The "ban" is merely a rule for Muslims to practice when observing holidays.

If you feel that religious bans should not be permitted at school, then please do advocate that the students are taught about homosexuality in sex ed, rather than treating it as if it doesn't exist or that it's wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
After a cursory review of the document (linked below), I see no demands whatsoever. I see requests made for special treatment of Muslim children. There's nothing about the behavior of other children in the schools. And there's no ban on anything that I saw.

But why should muslim children expect to get special treatment in British public schools? If someone wants their child to get a "Catholic education", for example, what do the parents do? Of course, they put them in a Catholic school. The same should apply for these muslims. Now, before I get the argument that there aren't any or enough muslim schools, I'll throw that back on the muslim parents. Why move to a place that doesn't meet the needs of you and your family? If it doesn't have the schools you need, change that situation (peacefully, please), or choose another place.

Just so that you know many muslims have been born here in uk and lived here all their lives, so where have they got to move? Also there are many white muslims today.

But I guess your right about the schools to choose, but you gotta remember this article, does not include every muslim views, its just a little article.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Thanks for posting a misleading title. You claim they want to "ban Un-Islamic Schools" and yet the first line of the article states:

DEMANDS for a ban on “un-Islamic” activities in schools will be set out by the Muslim Council of Britain today.

Yes I agree with what you say about the misleading title, why make such a misleading title, It feels today everyone wants to spread news, but for it to be interesting they add muslim in there somehwere, as if to stir trouble, and some peoples reactions ive seen over the years are funny, like OMG we gotta protect out country, they need to get kicked out, im scared!

[edit on 24-2-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
We hear about this sort of stuff all the time, whether it be demands, protests or outrageous requests by the immigrant populations. The classic British thing used to be that if a foreigner was to try and tell us what to do, we'd tell them to p**s off!

But I think British people now are scared to say 'no' because they might be branded racist or unfair. It's time they started putting their bloody foot down on things again, that's what made Britain such a strong country. Britain will become a joke if we start letting our traditions and culture be pushed over and molded by muslims.

As someone said before, why are these people so eager to live in Britain if our schools don't accommodate for muslims? Why don't they go and live somewhere else that IS muslim instead of trying to change our country!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
We hear about this sort of stuff all the time, whether it be demands, protests or outrageous requests by the immigrant populations.

I take it you didn't read the article, only the title.

The classic British thing used to be that if a foreigner was to try and tell us what to do, we'd tell them to p**s off!

What did the "foreigners" tell the Brits to do? Everything mentioned in the article pertains only to other Muslims.

Britain will become a joke if we start letting our traditions and culture be pushed over and molded by muslims.

"Muslims" is not a race, so why are you treating it as such? Anyone can be a Muslim, regardless of them being white, black, Asian, or Hispanic and be British. Unless all British people follow one same culture, then no, your culture isn't going to get taken over.

As someone said before, why are these people so eager to live in Britain if our schools don't accommodate for muslims?

Some of "these people" are native Brits. The problem isn't the accommodation of schools, it's the fact that the school system is trying to take Islam out. Banning hijabs, satisfies what goal? Will a student really stare a a girl's hijab for their entire school year, as a distraction?

Why don't they go and live somewhere else that IS muslim instead of trying to change our country!

Once again, don't treat Islam as a race. It's a religion. No country in the world is "Muslim," only the people are.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It's a religion. No country in the world is "Muslim," only the people are.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

I do think that is a blatant lie or perhaps you are just trying to make people think that is the case when it is not. Saudi Arabia comes to mind as one prime example . You can not even bring a christian bible into the country it is against the law at least that was a claim made by British Airways, it may have been British Midland Airways ALL women entering the country must change into Muslim attire before getting off a plane and no one is allowed to openly practice any other religion then the Muslim faith in public.

Now allow me to deny your Ignorance.

The country is ruled by a monarchy with a legal system based on Islamic law (Shari'a). The Government does not provide legal protection for freedom of religion, and such protection does not exist in practice. Islam is the official religion, and the law requires that all citizens be Muslims. The Government prohibits the public practice of non-Muslim religions. The Government recognizes the right of non-Muslims to worship in private; however, it does not always respect this right in practice and does not define this right in law.

Source

Imagine that the law requires all their citizens to be Muslims.
Now what was that you were saying about no country being a Muslim country???

As for your earlier comment on the title of the thread. I was just the messenger, I did not write it nor did I change it, it is exactly as the media presented it and I did that intentionally to avoid any conflict. If you have problem with that kindly take it up with the paper that published the story. Thank you.

[edit on 2/24/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Muslims from other countries should not be allowed to come to these European countries, multi multiculturalism is failing.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's funny. When Christians demand a Christmas play complete with a Christmas tree and Christmas carols and to allow little Jennie to wear her cross to school. When they want a school-sponsored Easter Egg hunt and for Johnnie to be permitted carry his bible and read during lunch, it's all well and good.

But let a Muslim ASK for a little consideration for his religion and all of a sudden "multi-culturalism doesn't work"...

Jesus!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

But let a Muslim ASK for a little consideration for his religion and all of a sudden "multi-culturalism doesn't work"...

I do wonder though just how many of those white brits on this thread actually know any Muslims. I mean proper know them. Because if they did, I bet they wouldn't be quite so hasty to make all muslims out to be Wahhabist freaks.

Jesus!

LOL... I really hope that was intentional.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
This isnt really surprising. Radical Muslims want the world to be a massive Islamic state.

Kinda like Christianity tried its level best to take over the world hmmm? Bit like how Zionists believe they are the Chosen, and all other people are just mutts.

By the way, are you trying to imply with your one-line reply that all Muslims are radical? I only ask, because you failed entirely to elaborate on that stunning point you made, and as such, we need to make sure of what it is you are trying to say.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Now allow me to deny your Ignorance.

Oh for goodness sake... lol

If they had not come up with that gimmick, half this board would be stuffed for what to say most days.

As for your earlier comment on the title of the thread. I was just the messenger, I did not write it nor did I change it, it is exactly as the media presented it and I did that intentionally to avoid any conflict. If you have problem with that kindly take it up with the paper that published the story. Thank you.

You got busted shots, don't have a cow lol

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The classic British thing used to be that if a foreigner was to try and tell us what to do, we'd tell them to p**s off!

What did the "foreigners" tell the Brits to do? Everything mentioned in the article pertains only to other Muslims.

Changing British schools, affects British students. Yes it may be aimed at making muslim children's lives better, but after a while schools are going to end up focused on muslim activities and the Christian and Atheist kids are going to feel like the outsiders. Think for the future, not just the present. If you let lots of little things like this through the end result will be one large change where the original Brits will complain and wish that there weren't so many muslim interferences in their lives.

Britain will become a joke if we start letting our traditions and culture be pushed over and molded by muslims.

"Muslims" is not a race, so why are you treating it as such? Anyone can be a Muslim, regardless of them being white, black, Asian, or Hispanic and be British. Unless all British people follow one same culture, then no, your culture isn't going to get taken over.

I didn't say they were a race, I was talking about culture. Muslim activities are far different from anything that British Christians/catholic or Atheists do. If muslim people want to stick to their religion that's ok but it shouldn't interfere with our way of life or change a British institution.

As someone said before, why are these people so eager to live in Britain if our schools don't accommodate for muslims?

The problem isn't the accommodation of schools, it's the fact that the school system is trying to take Islam out.

The school system isn't trying to take anything out because the schools weren't muslim in the first place.

It's funny. When Christians demand a Christmas play complete with a Christmas tree and Christmas carols and to allow little Jennie to wear her cross to school. When they want a school-sponsored Easter Egg hunt and for Johnnie to be permitted carry his bible and read during lunch, it's all well and good.

Erm ok you try going to a primarily muslim country and do that. I doubt they'd be as soft as we are.

Schools must not schedule sex and relationship lessons or swimming during Ramadam.

What if my kid is a keen swimmer? They're going to have to miss out on swimming lessons because someone who's not even from this country says so? BS.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue

You got busted shots, don't have a cow lol

I am not having a Cow as you put it and I do believe they have nicknames for some posters it rhymes will roll. Might I suggest you follow t/c or you may find yourself on the outside looking in Moderators are not to fond of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Schools must not schedule sex and relationship lessons or swimming during Ramadam.

What if my kid is a keen swimmer? They're going to have to miss out on swimming lessons because someone who's not even from this country says so? BS.

That "excerpt" IS NOT in the document! Ramadan is even misspelled!!!

Here's the actual quote from the MCB document (which nobody seems to care is being ENTIRELY misrepresented - It makes Muslim-bashing so much easier!) DO you guys not have the ability to view the real document instead of someone's twisted opinion about it???

Swimming during Ramadan

In general, participation in swimming is an acceptable activity whilst fasting. However, for many pupils this activity may prove to be an issue, as the potential for swallowing water is very high. Some pupils or parents consider the risk too great and may wish to avoid swimming whilst fasting. Others may take the view that as swallowing is unintentional it does not break the fast.

Schools with a significant number of Muslim pupils should try to avoid scheduling swimming lessons during Ramadan to remove unnecessary barriers to full participation.

Sex and relationship education

Whilst fasting, Muslims are not permitted to engage in any sexual relations and are expected to take measures to avoid sexual thoughts and discourse. Schools are therefore advised to avoid scheduling the teaching of sex and relationship education, including aspects that are part of the science curriculum, during Ramadan.

PLEASE READ ME BEFORE MAKING UNINFORMED COMMENTS.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue

Originally posted by semperfoo

Kinda like Christianity tried its level best to take over the world hmmm? Bit like how Zionists believe they are the Chosen, and all other people are just mutts.

Kinda like if we wanted to, we could eradicate the muslim world 1000X over? we have the means necessary to do so....That just goes to show you that the crusades are over. (at least on one side) "radical" Islam is a primitive culture. Its very violent. They suppress their women, beat them, spit on them, look at them as lower life forms, etc.. By the way, funny how you bring up something that is 'atleast' 500 years old. I believe both sides had a hand in that one.

By the way, are you trying to imply with your one-line reply that all Muslims are radical? I only ask, because you failed entirely to elaborate on that stunning point you made, and as such, we need to make sure of what it is you are trying to say.

That is why I used the word "radical" as NOT to generalize.. What does it matter though? I didnt know ppl held my opinion in such high regards..Stop being paranoid.

[edit on 122828p://2702pm by semperfoo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join