It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number 23

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The movie "NUMBER 23" is due out in theatres today. I was wondering if anyone else here was going to see this movie just to humor themselves. I am quite interested. I am goin to see it tonight.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
im dont sure what the film exactly is about, but i have the same sort of obsession with the number 32. This number just appears everywhere, off the top of my head right now ironbrew32....and that advert came out about 2 years after i made it my number, also after i made it my number i found out my computer make was advent. And as u can see a movie with the same two numbers in 3 and 2. was made about wot i thought about this number. I would call it my lucky number but its just a number that takes the piss, once i nearly went mad one day cos id seen it so many times.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
advent32 lol i meant to say.................................................................................

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
To my mind, the movie is a cynical attempt to squeeze money out of those who have heard of the 23 enigma.

That's all.

Yet another attempt to part hard working people, from their hard earned cash.

I've also heard that it's crap.

Can't say I'm surprised.

A decent thread regarding the number 23, can be found here:

23 - cultural meme or independent weirdness?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The movie got one star in our local paper and Reno 911: Miami got two. R911:M sucked massive proportions so that should tell you how bad 23 is. If Carrey wants to boost his career back up he'll do another Ace Ventura.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If Carrey wants to boost his career back up he'll do another Ace Ventura.

Peace

Amen to that!

I didn't know Reno911 sucked though. That's dampened my hopes a lot. I wanted to see that movie very badly...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm 23 years and so far nothing unusual happening....just another number. Even 666 is just a number that superstitious people find easily amusing...and that's exactly why they are supertitious.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm 23 years and so far nothing unusual happening....just another number. Even 666 is just a number that superstitious people find easily amusing...and that's exactly why they are superstitious.

23 is just another number huh?

Now that you have made contact with the "other" you will now see "23" pop up all over the place.

Superstition has nothing to do with it. I find you amusing!!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have heard it was pretty decent. Any departure from looney comedies would do Carrey good in my honest opinion

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I never listen to critics. They suck and hardly ever get the same opinion of a film that I do. I always go and decide for myself rather than let someone else give me their opinion. I saw the trailer, and I think Jim Carrey looks like he could play a good "goin crazy" guy. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Most of the movies that the critics rant and rave about as being "great," I just think they are average or ok. The ones that the critics don't like are generally the ones that I think are excellent.

new topics

top topics

join