It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To New Users and maybe some Old Ones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So today, as I log in I have a U2U. I was thinking to myself, now who would have sent me a U2U? I was hoping it was a meaningful U2U and not a member being all crazy and ranting to me about how I was wrong with one of my posts. Well, this is what I recieved in my inbox:

A member of the forum staff, masqua, has noticed your one-line or less post in the thread,
are aliens trying to make a disclosure?.

We want to encourage meaningful responses to threads, and discourage simplistic posts. It can become discouraging for new members or guests to wade through too many short responses, just to get to content that continues the flow of thought. Please review this post, Warnings for one-line or short responses from our site owner, Simon Gray.

A token penalty of 20 points has been deducted from your account for this action. Please, in the future, make an attempt to provide more to the flow of conversation than a simple one-line or less comment.

Sorry for this slight slap-on-the-wrist. Hopefully you take this in the tone intended, as a reminder to make an effort to ensure our content is easy to read, access, and use by anyone who finds it.

Thank you.

When I accidentally hit enter on a short post I received a warning that the post was too short and that I had to re-enter the post. I guess policy changed and now you get account deductions and U2U's anyhow, no hard feelings, just figured new members might like this one. It kinda lets you know that one-liners are not acceptable.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What is the point, subject, objective here?

No policy change. One liners have been frowned upon for as long as I can remember and then some. It's only 20 points. If you accidentally hit the "Post Reply" button, you could of easily hit the "Edit" button and added more content to the post.

Considering ATS takes in about 3000 posts a day, it seems quite clear why they would expect each one to have a little bit of substance to it. If we signed in to find 3000 new posts with no content, we would be leaving just as quick as came in.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Closing, as the T&C doesn't need discussing.

*closed*

new topics

join