It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link Into NASA Mars Pics Archive (woot)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Mars Global Surveyor
MOC Images Arranged by Orbit or Subphase

SPENT DAYS LOOKING THROUGH THEM ALL

MY FAV IS Mapping Subphase M04 Images "m04002"
MOC Image m0400291

NOW THATS SOME WILD STUFF !!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

`````````````````````````
Changed 'all caps' in title

[edit on 23/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
if any ony finds greats pics please post so we all can enjoy them .

i will post other pic links as soon as i go through my pictures i saved on desktop and track them down for good links , got a dozen or so wierd ass ones ...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

that should take ya right to the tube like thing

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wow, tons of images on that site. Nice link johnny

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCash
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

that should take ya right to the tube like thing

I see no tube there - just sand dunes at the bottom of a canyon.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Don't forget, those pictures are crap resolution. MRO has the new HIRISE camera which allows you to see items as small as a mars rover.
MRO has over 1000 photos that are being released in JP2 format and un touched by NASA.
There is a beta test program that is allowing would be Mars investigators first look at the raw images before Nasa gets to put tags and edits in them.

I have been downloading the images and I can tell you they are incredible detail.
You can see the Mars Rover tracks on the surface and the Rover it self perched on the rim of the Victoria Crater.

Mars annomoly hunters should be all over this

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

disownedsky you blind ? take another look and explain your sand dune ?

HERE LET ME BLOW UP THE PICTURE FOR YOU !!!!
AND POINT OUT SOME STUFF YOU MIGHT OF MISSED
I HAVE NOT CHANGED NOTHING JUST POINTING OUT WHAT YA TO BLIND TO SEE FOR YOURSELF DISOWEDSKY !!!

FEEL FREE TO CLICK ON THE NEW PICTURE LINK
look more like something odd then just a sand dune !!!

click the picture link and explain those oddites !!!!picspirate.com...

link to original is the in first post. i changed nothing see for yourself just blew it up for a better look

[edit on 23-2-2007 by JohnnyCash]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

disownedsky you blind ? take another look and explain your sand dune ?

HERE LET ME BLOW UP THE PICTURE FOR YOU !!!!
AND POINT OUT SOME STUFF YOU MIGHT OF MISSED
I HAVE NOT CHANGED NOTHING JUST POINTING OUT WHAT YA TO BLIND TO SEE FOR YOURSELF DISOWEDSKY !!!

FEEL FREE TO CLICK ON THE NEW PICTURE LINK
look more like something odd then just a sand dune !!!

click the picture link and explain those oddites !!!!picspirate.com...

link to original is the in first post. i changed nothing see for yourself just blew it up for a better look

Blind? Not yet. I've seen thousands of Mars images, and this one has been around for quite a while. There are no oddities to explain. Just sand, dunes, rocks, light, shadow and pareidolia.

Perhaps you can find a HIRISE image of the same feature. however, keep in mind that you are likely to be disappointed in that the pareidolia tend to disappear at high resolution.

There is a great deal of evidence (remember evidence?) that Mars has been cold, dry and dead for a very, very long time - much longer than there has been complex life on Earth. When the dinosaurs arose on Earth, Mars wasn't much different than it is now, and had been that way for along time. There could be microbes living beneath the rocks, but there are no ruins of an ancient civilization. Yet another red herring.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by disownedsky]

[edit on 23-2-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You work for the goverment disownedsky ? notice ya live in washington

you trying to debunk mars pictures ?

your saying no ruins on mars ? ( like i belive that )

TO MANY PICTURES OF MARS HAVE ODDITIES BUT WHEN THERE'S MORE THEN ONE ODDITIE IN A PICTURE I WOULD SAY THE ODDS ARE HIGH SOMETHINGS GOING ON.

maybe you should find the high res image since your so good at it

AND AS FOR MARS I BET THERE IS LIFE ON THERE RIGHT NOW AND RUINS THAT ONCE WAS BUILDINGS ETC.

I dont care even if it's a little miro bug it's there .

JUST LIKE WHEN THEY NO THERES NO WATER ? WELL WTF YA CALL A ICE CAP THEN ? I CALL IT FROZEN WATER .

I've read to much and seen to much to belive that mars never had life even if it's semi dead now ,

SOMETHING IS STILL THERE RUINS, BUILDINGS ETC , AND NOT MAYBE MIRCOS - LIFE IS ALL OVER THIS THING WE CALL OUTER SPACE , BEYOND A DOUBT IN MY MIND

so unless ya got the high res pictures yourself to post of the same spot , shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

give me facts not more WHAT IF'S

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Mars "tubes" are an amazing phenomena. It would be hard to link these formations to any kind of weird weather activity.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You work for the goverment disownedsky ? notice ya live in washington

you trying to debunk mars pictures ?

your saying no ruins on mars ? ( like i belive that )

TO MANY PICTURES OF MARS HAVE ODDITIES BUT WHEN THERE'S MORE THEN ONE ODDITIE IN A PICTURE I WOULD SAY THE ODDS ARE HIGH SOMETHINGS GOING ON.

maybe you should find the high res image since your so good at it

AND AS FOR MARS I BET THERE IS LIFE ON THERE RIGHT NOW AND RUINS THAT ONCE WAS BUILDINGS ETC.

I dont care even if it's a little miro bug it's there .

JUST LIKE WHEN THEY NO THERES NO WATER ? WELL WTF YA CALL A ICE CAP THEN ? I CALL IT FROZEN WATER .

I've read to much and seen to much to belive that mars never had life even if it's semi dead now ,

SOMETHING IS STILL THERE RUINS, BUILDINGS ETC , AND NOT MAYBE MIRCOS - LIFE IS ALL OVER THIS THING WE CALL OUTER SPACE , BEYOND A DOUBT IN MY MIND

so unless ya got the high res pictures yourself to post of the same spot , shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

give me facts not more WHAT IF'S

Perhaps you yourself should provide some facts rather than yelling at disownedsky in caps and with terrible english I might add. I personally think there might be some evidence of previous/current life on MARS but am still waiting for some good proof of its existance. A little bit of adivce though, if you want to be heard and furthermore want to maintain a little bit of credibility then I suggest you calm down and provide your evidence in a calm and rational manner or no one is going to take you serious, and will most likely ignore you.

Happy hunting and good luck with your mission.

new topics

top topics

join