It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will COINTELPRO agents on this site working for the gov't tell on me when I use the site?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's some bad Cointelpro work there Skeptic. Never use your real name.

Thats what happened to John Lennon.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
ARGH! Everyone knows they're infiltrated! I'm doomed.

Damn! the ATS NWO secret is finally out!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well from everything I've read about here right on ATS, they monitor our phone calls, can make your cell phone turn into a microphone, even when it's turned off, have cameras everywhere, including on top of telephone poles. They monitor our search engine searches, and emails.
That being said, I would say YOU BET they are monitoring us here on ATS. I've posted more than my share of controversial subjects, and have not noticed anything different, except the new next door neighbors that just moved in who own that really cool black van.
Wait a minute, I got to go answer the front door.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
YOU BET they are monitoring us here on ATS

of course, we've known that for like AGGGGGEEES

*waves to the spooks*

i remember once i asked them right out to contact me and say hello, but no agents did *sniffs* lol and regarding MI5...i like to say sorry to them for being involved in the Young Communist League, my mate asked me to help out and join up! I really couldn't say no to him..*stops* EKKKK!!! i've said to much

*runs*

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by lombozo
YOU BET they are monitoring us here on ATS

of course, we've known that for like AGGGGGEEES

*waves to the spooks*

i remember once i asked them right out to contact me and say hello, but no agents did *sniffs* lol and regarding MI5...i like to say sorry to them for being involved in the Young Communist League, my mate asked me to help out and join up! I really couldn't say no to him..*stops* EKKKK!!! i've said to much

*runs*

Very nice!!!

Please forgive my rudeness. I forgot to wave to those spooks! Where are my manners? Thanks for reminding me infinite!
*waving to spooks*
*blowing a kiss to spooks*

Ahh, now I feel ever so much better.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
MaverickHunter--

When we have need of you, we will come... until then, you may carry on your business as usual.

Have no fear.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I see them all the time SO, so what should I do when I see one of them in posting in a topic of my interest?

In my experience, the reality of "Counter Intelligence Operations" is far less widespread than one would think. While there are certainly documented examples of terrible deeds by counter intelligence insurgency, the reality of day-to-day involvement is not what the ultra-conspiracists would have you think.

In fact, the constant "COINTELPRO" theme of many outspoken conspiracy writers is a form of the tactics of counter intelligence as well. By instilling fear of anyone who would speak against them, they attempt to solidify a loyal base of believers... very much like tactics of building a cult. At the least, many outspoken conspiracy profiteers are indeed building a "cult of personality."

The 9/11 Truth Movement is a prime example of this phenomenon. A cult-like environment is emerging where multiple factions vie for control, and each faction points fear-mongering "COINTELPRO" fingers at the others. While there certainly may be infiltration of counter intelligence into regional Truth groups, they're doing far more damage to themselves than any creative counter intelligence program could ever hope to accomplish. This is because of the cult-like actions of their leaders, and constant "COINTELPRO" fear mongering.

In the end, it comes down to who/what/where you personally trust.

Do you trust fear mongering sites with few contributors, narrow views, and any contrary view is demonized?

Or, do you trust open sites with many contributors, broad views, and where contrary opinions are embraced and examined?

Which has a better chance of discovering and promoting truth?

As far as what to do with those you think are counter intelligence agents, be nice to them. They're just doing their job, and there is nothing to indicate they enjoy their work.
The more we (conspiracists) are rational nice folk, the more likely we are to "turn" counter intelligence operatives from the "dark side"... assuming you find any.

Well, that’s true I suppose. I never said that I mistrusted ATS I only am saying that there are a lot of people that claim to be CIA agents… I’ve seen in this one person who said he claimed to be a CIA agent and also said something along the lines of (He’s a banned member)

so lots of you make extraordinary claims and extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof so and also, you may be expecting secret service members at your door.
OBVIOUS TROLLING, or posting non factual information as fact. Hey it’s good to laugh at these COINTELPRO agents, every once in a while

Originally posted by infinite
In theory, COINTELPRO is dead and the FBI no longer use it.

Its the methods that are still alive and well, but i can assure you that COINTELPRO itself is dead. I have been looking into it for the past couple of months, every since it got mention on ATS. However, I can say that forms of political and intelligence "Black ops" are being currently carried out, especially the 9/11 truth movement.

Agent provocateurs with agendas are the one's to watch out for. I have been here for about 4 years and I have never had anyone come after me. Could i have a MI5 file? most likely due to my contacts with "groups of interest"

ATS is safe and secure for posting

I agree. ATS is a safe site for secure posting. But those movements really get at me and bother me because of their lack of credibility. BTW, speaking of 9-11 conspiracies why did tower 7 just collapse? Did anyone find that out yet?

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Will COINTELPRO agents on this site working for the gov't tell on me when I use the site?

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

Yes. Change your appearance immediately and move to a secret location in the hills.

Maybe I will!!! ^_^

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dude and I thought I was paranoid

Don't worry. For one the gov doesnt realy care about single posters on ATS. If they were so inclined to research everyone to death on this board and read every line throughout this board they would either laugh there butts off or you would have already started seing people disapear left and right. Someone would post a thread breaking something wide open then never heard from again.

Seriously the gov has bigger fish to fry thain posters on ATS. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
dont expect anonymity on the internet, because the computer interface itself is flawed, 90% of peoples computers are based on a closed source operating system.

if somebody wants to find you enough, they can find you, i think people think the goverment has some kind of vast money pocket that funds agents browsing the web allday, if so i wish they would give me a job sitting on my arse posting cynical replies on ATS, because that would be fun, especially when i was getting high paid wages for it.

alas it isnt so.

but on a serious note, you know the majority of skeptics belive in questioning everything, its a healthy mindset to have a logical and rational opinion about stuff and not belive everything off the bat, ideas and opinions have to have basis which is ussually founded on evidence.

if somebody is cynical based on nothing but speculation, either the theory is so far out the norm they are weirded out by it, or they have some kind of agenda, in my opinion its that simple.

you know if i said i saw a UFO and described in great detail about the encounter but i didnt post any evidence nobody could prove otherwise on the forum that i didnt see a UFO since there would be no evidence to debunk or analyse ect.

so if the theory is speculated on by what would be considered rational logical minds, and remained unexplained it could never be debunked in the heart of the person who witnessed the event, but everybody else just has to trust them, evidence however that falls apart under scrutiny suggests the person telling the story is a liar, so anybody doubting them wouldnt be a quote/unquote agent, just a person who has a healthy questioning mind

i guess on the internet it all depends on how credible somebody is, id like to think im pretty credible, unfortunately i have never seen anything paranormal, bar the odd few lights in the sky, which i cannot explain.

but to suggest that there are 1000s of agents out there posting is just silly, to suggest the admin and staff are agents is silly too.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neff1
If ATS isn`t Cointelpro type (COunter,INTELligence,PROgram), the ones that should be concerned are Springer,Simon and Skeptic.
Not concerned. My handler told me I shouldn't be.

you have a handler? like a handler that handles bears? does he lure you around with a hunk of meat and make sure you don't go around biting senators?

(please tell me some one remembers the Lewis Black "Bush has Handlers" joke)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Did I just see this right?

The Blade Runner? YOUR BACK!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
SO-- I have found someone that claims to work for the NSA in this thread of mine. www.abovetopsecret.com... . Like I said there are people that try to trick other people to gain credibility on these forums and they lie a lot this person claims to know what I said was wrong but he didn't say anything to back up his claims. >_>. ATS should start scouting out these people and banning them for hoaxing.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

SO-- I have found someone that claims to work for the NSA in this thread of mine.

An analyst... not a big deal.

Keep in mind, it's possile to work for intelligence agencies AND be in the same mind-space as ATS. All are welcome here.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maverickhunter, ULTIMA1 was responding to a post by Swampfox46_1999 not you.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If this Van a-rocking don't come a knockin'

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Maverickhunter, ULTIMA1 was responding to a post by Swampfox46_1999 not you.

I edited my post. But I also made some assumptions.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This thread is exceptionally relevant to the topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I work in Washington, no one vocalizes that they are an NSA "anything." Well minus the college interns, they love to drop that line all over Georgetown and Foggy Bottom. I do not understand the reason for all the secrecy of working at the puzzle palace but they love it.

Subsequently, I would not get your panties in a ruffle over someone that claimed on another thread that they were an NSA Analyst posting on your thread. If they really were, do you think they would tell you?

Is this site monitored by the government, absolutely. Should you have a problem with that? Not unless you are planning something illegal. Even if it weren't monitored, if I saw something that I knew was blatantly illegal in the U.S. or any country where I understand the legal system....I'd be a COINTELPRO agent.... and you can thank me when the heavy knocking starts.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I never stated ATS was govt run only that there are possibilities. Sites have pointed the finger at this site yet not at others.Don`t know why.Is running a successful site so profitable that people with the same views slander each other? Its a sad day if that is the case, when the govt dosn`t have to Disinfo the sites because there managing that themselves.

Yes this site is well run.Yes its open discussion.Yes it well monitored by the staff.Yes they have long term members willing to defend unknown people.

One question.If Springer,Skeptic are so willing to use there own names on coast to coast etc and Simon really does live at 1 ............... close in Swindon (which I know he doesn`t I worked in Swindon three years ago.Yes I admit I stalked him) why don`t you broadcast your own interviews or web cast on here or say utube ?

[edit on 24-2-2007 by neff1]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This thread is exceptionally relevant to the topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

funny you should say that,
its what i've been thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join