It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will COINTELPRO agents on this site working for the gov't tell on me when I use the site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I mean, will they call someone, put me on a list then do something and blow the situation completely out of proportion and should I expect secret service at my house because they told on me? I know nothing on the net is safe... which is why I never reveal personal information on the internet. So, that being asked, there are COINTELPRO agents that browse this site that try to fill ATS with misinfo and disinfo to ruin other peoples experience right? I mean, how many of the people did Springer, SO, and SimonGrey mention in the ATS review podcast actually are members of this site? Are a lot of them members? I'm kind of afraid... of security. I don't care that ATS is searchable, I can easily change my IP address, but are these guys the real deal or are they serious hoaxers that can change their ip address and fake identities or are they really who they say they are and can do what they say? I'm really afraid of these crazy people that seem to browse the board, I am not saying that ATS is crazy, but these guys and girls that claim to be these people are. Are they for real or not?

Seriously. Are most of them hoaxers? They freak me out and make me not want to post as much on ATS.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Mav don't worry. If you are concerned about ATS for government security reasons I honestly would not worry. Depending on where you are from and where you want to work, it will not matter. If you post any "crazy stuff" (you know what I mean) count it out and don't expect G-Men at your door.

If you're like me; ATS peaks interest. Posts will be read, I am sure your opinions will be analyzed; but if you are concerned for whatever reason then you should not post negative things about the respective government on a thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that if your connected to the internet your life is an open book to the powers that be.
Anything you submit to a site like ATS can be tracked back to you in some way unless your very good at masking your tracks.

If your truly worried you would need to exit the grid completely to remain anonymous.

Having a community like ATS gives you a bit of power over the establishment because you can voice your opinion. Your free to expose information on any topic, and have it scrutinized by the entire membership.

Even when we march in the streets to protest an injustice the government is there taking pictures of us, and ATS is no different. They are tracking what you do whether you like it or not, and posting here can only add to that exposure...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hmmm, over 6000 posts in 4 years and nobody has knocked on my door yet.

You should relax a bit and not fret over it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yeah, wouldn't really worry about anything.

Your focused energy, intention, tends to draw those circumstances into your life.

i.e. fearful people - well people with fear - will tend to find something to back up their fears...and thus lead to more fear.

on the other hand - live and let live (doesn't mean you cant voice opinions...I do it all the time), but leave it and dont wrap your life around the story...and things are fine.

As for governments, they are all jokes anyway...everyone of em. (of course thats just my take on it...for some they are quite serious and threatening...and in that light, it will be.)

It seems that government is a mere reflection of where the mass is, and what they want anyway. Take away the control (people fear loss of control, so they get more on the physical level through governments), again take away the control, and people would act barbaric...again acting out that which they are afraid of.

So in a sense, the government(s) keep in balance what the mass consciousness is afraid of.

Now in Judaic Kabbalah (yes, its my free interpretation, I do not claim that any Jew or Kabbalist will agree at all) you have Messianic consciousness. When the messiah comes we will have peace.

So when we wake up inside of ourselves...find the peace there, then it will be reflected in consciousness of the masses...and the type of 'government' if any (I personally dont think government is necessary, at this level anyway) will reflect it.

All is good dude...truly it is.
(if you want it to be.)

note: after intense suffering, we tend to realize that life is a game.
This is different for various people. Mine took the form of living with my mother-in-law for a year.
(I laugh now, but I wasn't laughing then.
)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Will COINTELPRO agents on this site working for the gov't tell on me when I use the site?

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

Yes. Change your appearance immediately and move to a secret location in the hills.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm one of the people responsible for turning a quiet but interesting little board into the most popular destination for discussion of "subversive" topics. I've also been active in either creating or participating in some of the most potentially damning topics. And, this is not the first time I've been active with such topics. If anyone were to experience unsavory contact from malicious agents, it's myself, Springer or Simon.

That being said, there are two things to keep in the back of your mind:

1) In our experience, there are just as many "agents" who would support our topics as there are who would obstruct. The history of "conspiracy theory" is filled with facts, innuendo, and events that indicate multiple factions within the "shadow" groups... some of which think the way "we" do and desire the outcomes "we" desire. So while there may be those in the inner circles who would like to see ATS disappear, there are just as many who would protect its existence.

2) There is safety in wide exposure. If you consider some of the worst conspiracies in this century (Iran-Contra, CIA drug dealing, Gulf of Tonkin, FBI starting the LA gang wars, Vote fraud, Watergate, JFK, etc.), broad-based exposure of the theories turns into a kind of protection of its own. Once the material is out there, focus shifts from prevention of exposure to spin and damage control. Given what we now know about Nixon, had the Watergate scandal not broke via a nationally acclaimed newspaper, there would have been aggressive steps to prevent disclosure.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm one of the people responsible for turning a quiet but interesting little board into the most popular destination for discussion of "subversive" topics. I've also been active in either creating or participating in some of the most potentially damning topics. And, this is not the first time I've been active with such topics. If anyone were to experience unsavory contact from malicious agents, it's myself, Springer or Simon.

That being said, there are two things to keep in the back of your mind:

1) In our experience, there are just as many "agents" who would support our topics as there are who would obstruct. The history of "conspiracy theory" is filled with facts, innuendo, and events that indicate multiple factions within the "shadow" groups... some of which think the way "we" do and desire the outcomes "we" desire. So while there may be those in the inner circles who would like to see ATS disappear, there are just as many who would protect its existence.

2) There is safety in wide exposure. If you consider some of the worst conspiracies in this century (Iran-Contra, CIA drug dealing, Gulf of Tonkin, FBI starting the LA gang wars, Vote fraud, Watergate, JFK, etc.), broad-based exposure of the theories turns into a kind of protection of its own. Once the material is out there, focus shifts from prevention of exposure to spin and damage control. Given what we now know about Nixon, had the Watergate scandal not broke via a nationally acclaimed newspaper, there would have been aggressive steps to prevent disclosure.

Oh... well that's really good information. Thanks. And I was talking about people who would make me feel uneasy. I know, that some people claim that COINTELPRO agents are running ATS but I am talking about the ones that claim to be CIA agents. I don't like those kinds of people. But, what should I do to avoid these people? I see them all the time SO, so what should I do when I see one of them in posting in a topic of my interest?

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I see them all the time SO, so what should I do when I see one of them in posting in a topic of my interest?

In my experience, the reality of "Counter Intelligence Operations" is far less widespread than one would think. While there are certainly documented examples of terrible deeds by counter intelligence insurgency, the reality of day-to-day involvement is not what the ultra-conspiracists would have you think.

In fact, the constant "COINTELPRO" theme of many outspoken conspiracy writers is a form of the tactics of counter intelligence as well. By instilling fear of anyone who would speak against them, they attempt to solidify a loyal base of believers... very much like tactics of building a cult. At the least, many outspoken conspiracy profiteers are indeed building a "cult of personality."

The 9/11 Truth Movement is a prime example of this phenomenon. A cult-like environment is emerging where multiple factions vie for control, and each faction points fear-mongering "COINTELPRO" fingers at the others. While there certainly may be infiltration of counter intelligence into regional Truth groups, they're doing far more damage to themselves than any creative counter intelligence program could ever hope to accomplish. This is because of the cult-like actions of their leaders, and constant "COINTELPRO" fear mongering.

In the end, it comes down to who/what/where you personally trust.

Do you trust fear mongering sites with few contributors, narrow views, and any contrary view is demonized?

Or, do you trust open sites with many contributors, broad views, and where contrary opinions are embraced and examined?

Which has a better chance of discovering and promoting truth?

As far as what to do with those you think are counter intelligence agents, be nice to them. They're just doing their job, and there is nothing to indicate they enjoy their work.
The more we (conspiracists) are rational nice folk, the more likely we are to "turn" counter intelligence operatives from the "dark side"... assuming you find any.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In theory, COINTELPRO is dead and the FBI no longer use it.

Its the methods that are still alive and well, but i can assure you that COINTELPRO itself is dead. I have been looking into it for the past couple of months, every since it got mention on ATS. However, I can say that forms of political and intelligence "Black ops" are being currently carried out, especially the 9/11 truth movement.

Agent provocateurs with agendas are the one's to watch out for. I have been here for about 4 years and I have never had anyone come after me. Could i have a MI5 file? most likely due to my contacts with "groups of interest"

ATS is safe and secure for posting

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If ATS isn`t Cointelpro type (COunter,INTELligence,PROgram), the ones that should be concerned are Springer,Simon and Skeptic.

Imagine that there are NWO,Illuminati,Aliens etc etc etc there not going to be too happy that this site exposes them.

Think about it.

OR

ATS is somehow connected to the govt and is used to monitor peoples current political, social etc etc views on subjects, add a little stories, events to keep the interest mixed with disinformation.

You as a member don`t pose a risk.Being a member probably will exclude you from govt jobs.Your not going to get security clearance.

Look into the current investigation by US senators on possible CIA front companies such as the Lincoln group.They are currently running ops in Iraq ( it is rumored the US and world press ) Spreading Disinfo to the press.They currently have contractors writing (from Pyscop groups within the US govt) to the media on the current War against the Terrorist propaganda.

We`ll know that the Senate has found the truth when they deny it.The Govt arn`t gonna allow that type of information into the public domain anymore than Springer,Simon and Skeptic are gonna come into the light and reveal themselves.Other site owners don`t have a problem with identification that Skeptic, Springer and Simon have.

The real big bucks question is

Has this spread into the media in the rest of the world.

Even people with low IQ`s would admit this is likely.

So what is the easiest way to do this.

THATS RIGHT " THE INTERNET "

I`m sure now I`ll get the usually tiring tirade of responses from the the 3 Amigos (funny how people trust others they haven`t met, or have they)

Sorry I`m just a regular Government Conspiracy junkie.

P.S Skeptic do you have to keep responding in ways that sell ATS to the readers.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by neff1]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neff1
We`ll know that the Senate has found the truth when they deny it.The Govt arn`t gonna allow that type of information into the public domain anymore than Springer,Simon and Skeptic are gonna come into the light and reveal themselves.Other site owners don`t have a problem with identification that Skeptic, Springer and Simon have.

As someone who was a member and risen through the ranks, I can honestly say you're right and you're wrong.

You're right they don't have the same problems. They get it worse from every crackpot on the net that wants to plot against them. They get accused of all sorts of nefarious things and if they say one word in defense, then they get accused or lying or covering.

How would you like to be in that situation? I could say you're a Spook here to poison people's minds. I could even say you have a government IP address and taint this whole site against you. No matter what you said...I would say you're covering things up. Not a pretty picture is it?

That's the crap they (and I somewhat) deal with every freaking day.

You're also wrong because during the time I have been here I have gathered many snippets that are open to most members and some that are not. I could tell you that Simon does use his real name. I could tell you SkepticOverlord's or Springer's names, the cities they live in, what they do for a living and more.

They are just people with a passion of this site and for what they do. They combined talents to make this place for everyone and they either get brown-nosed or crapped on. There is not much middle ground.

I'm sure you wouldn't share your personal information in that situation either would you?

I`m sure now I`ll get the usually tiring tirade of responses from the the 3 Amigos (funny how people trust others they haven`t met, or have they)

Right. Whatever. So what's your game? Just here to bad mouth the site or create some conspiracy where none exists? How about stop worrying about an internet posting site and think more about how the stores you shop are gathering data on your membership card of what you buy and when and sharing that with the government so they know who eats apple pie and who eats cous cous.

P.S Skeptic do you have to keep responding in ways that sell ATS to the readers.

And this would be related to what I said above. If he says that ATS is not a government op and ATS is just a great site for great people...that's selling huh?

That's a pretty nice setup to screw him no matter what he says.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Cointelpro is has a new name in the 21st century.Warrant less Domestic Surveillance program.The title speaks for itself.

As of the 31st January 2007 R.Gonzales and other officials said in the US media they have agreed to turn over Classified Documents to the Congressional Judiciary and Intelligence Committee ending the current stand off.But the court have refused to release the Courts Jan 10 orders publicly.
Although the precise contour and scope of the spying program are Classified some information from a un named Senator described the program as a "Hybrid effort that includes both individual warrants and the authority for eavesdropping on more broadly defined groups of people".Officials stated orders fro the Judge of the Secret Intelligence Court are "Complex" and "Innovative".

Is this programs sole purpose to catch Terrorist.This program has taken 2 yrs to develop.Does this mean the US is going too spy more closely on people as per the previous Cointelpro, thus making the Church Committee finding`s and congressional control worthless.Yes Mr Bush has removed 1,200 laws in place to protect peoples civil liberties.

Does this program include monitoring of the Internet.There is very little info regarding the US govt monitoring of the Internet. Either running a site such as ATS or monitoring a site such as ATS or any other`s.This could be due to the High level of Classification of the information.The last thing the US wants is people not using the Internet.It`s easier to monitor people on the net than it is to bug everybody.As one poster put it the Internet is an open book on you for anybody to read.Whilst we all know that potential terrorist are unlikely to be here, we don`t really know why the US wants to monitor people.It may only be for ID tagging in the future.maybe no more important than that, but it is illegal for the US to monitor you without a court order.The internet makes it easy and untraceable

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I'm sure you wouldn't share your personal information in that situation either would you?

No (and I`m not asking for personnel info) but I also wouldn`t run a web discussion site.There a plenty of people in the media that get problems they choose that profession .Skeptic,Simon choose this.That`s a bad excuse for staying behind the scenes.

There are plenty of Newspapers that could run articles interviews on ATS and the discussion site.Simon lives in the UK, the media runs articles on UFO sighting`s ,ghosts, new aircraft projects, political opinions etc etc all the time, they use people in interviews to give there opinions.

Maybe next time a story breaks such as the Mexico UFO ATS,Simon,skeptic could be contacted to give an opinion.

But I`m sure there will be a reason why not.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
No we wont.

Oh crap.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Maybe next time a story breaks such as the Mexico UFO ATS,Simon,skeptic could be contacted to give an opinion.

But I`m sure there will be a reason why not.

Well, it seems you probably don't know that Springer has spoken on Coast 2 Coast twice using his own name and that he is going to be doing a documentary on UFOs for the Discovery Channel.

Not to mention there are quite a few other big mainstream projects in the works and the fact that Simon also has done radio interviews.

You might want to do a little homework since you're so hot on the subject.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey zedd, when did battlestar Galactica become the cool avatar to use?

It's like all the mods and such have some battlestar avatars going on.

Is there a weekly get together on sunday that I'm missing out on?

Frak!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If ATS isn`t Cointelpro type (COunter,INTELligence,PROgram), the ones that should be concerned are Springer,Simon and Skeptic.
Not concerned. My handler told me I shouldn't be.

Imagine that there are NWO,Illuminati,Aliens etc etc etc there not going to be too happy that this site exposes them.
We provide a means for anyone to discuss said exposure, and publish information related to it... and... anyone wishing to attempt to debunk these issues are also welcome.

Think about it.
I never stop.

ATS is somehow connected to the govt
We're not. Never were. Never will be. Have you seen government pay-scales? No way man.

The Govt arn`t gonna allow that type of information into the public domain anymore than Springer,Simon and Skeptic are gonna come into the light and reveal themselves.
Springer did already... used his real name and home state in several radio interviews... and soon you'll have to endure his mug on TV.
I used to use my real name, until my family and I were stalked by psychotic banned members.
Simon is using his real name and address on our domain registrations.

Other site owners don`t have a problem with identification that Skeptic, Springer and Simon have.
See above.

Yes... I can't help it. I firmly believe we (staff & members) have something special here, and almost all my time is devoted to making it grow even more.

Did you read my analysis of how "COINTELPRO" fear-mongering is used? Do you agree or disagree?

Does this program include monitoring of the Internet.There is very little info regarding the US govt monitoring of the Internet.
There's enough. You can be certain the entire Internet is tracked in ways we (conspiracy theorists) have not yet imagined.

There are plenty of Newspapers that could run articles interviews on ATS and the discussion site.
We've had some minor coverage... and are working hard on some big developments that would toss aside any speculation.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think someone is unaware or just ignoring facts here,

SkepticOverlord has been involved in the 9/11 Truth movement, SimonGrey has conducted interviews in the past with radio stations and so has Springer as well.

ATS has been very active with the media in recent years, the owners are not the only members to give interviews.

neff1, you've been here for like 5 minutes and you are already sticking the knife in...something you want to tell us? I tend not to trust new members who come here with a lot of information and start pointing figures.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
SkepticOverlord has been involved in the 9/11 Truth movement,

Oh crap you're right!
I showed up at their meetings.
Used my real name.
Real address.
Real phone number!

ARGH! Everyone knows they're infiltrated! I'm doomed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join