It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Visit, late 1960's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My dad, mom and sister were visited by an alien for a week straight.

Late 60`s Oscoda MI, near Wurthsmith AFB.

It would watch them through their window every night. My dad would run outside and nothing would be there. They thought it was a kid playing pranks so he went out and raked out all the dirt under the window to see if anyone left tracks and that night it came again and he checked the dirt and there was no tracks. He'd hide behind the door and have my mom raise her hand when she seen it and hed run outside and see nothing but hear something flying through the woods.

At the same time they were getting all of these channels on TV that was not normal for being back in the woods with a small antenna on the cabin, so strange that my dad showed his friend who worked for a local TV shop. The guy brought his boss out to look too because it was impossible for them to get all of the channels without cable.

Then after a week straight of this activity my mom and dad woke up one night to a wierd noise and blinding light through their window. Something came down in the back yard. They never saw the thing again and the TV was back to the normal 3 channels.

All three of them recount the same story, and describe the face as that exactly of what we call a "Grey" they all say when it was there they had a sort of telepathical feeling not to be scared.

So this is why Im am so curious about UFO's and appreciate everyones experiences and do not cast doubt on peoples stories. If you knew my family and heard this story, you would believe.

My dad also saw a UFO in the woods sucking energy from a powerline, when it lifted off it arcd the wires, or just the disconnection or whatever, threw sparks all over, then it hovered up into the air and then shot off into the sky at very high speeds.

Pretty cool huh? I'm still waiting for the day I can say absolutely that the thing I saw was 100% without a doubt not from this earth. I haven't seen it yet though.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Interesting story, thanks so much for sharing.

Is there any physical evidence you or your family collected that you could share?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I wish. No physical evidence, but it is the absolute truth.

This happened at around the same time that jets were scrambled to intercept a strange craft, that hundreds of people along the beach of lake huron witnessed in the light of day, make a mockery of the jets by outrunning them, then appearing behind them etc.

I'm sure that is recorded somewhere in the UFO history books. Same town, same area.

My dad was a tree trimmer for the power company, when he seen the UFO on the power lines after it was gone he walked back to the line and it was burnt where the thing was on it.

The wierdest thing ever happened to me was when my youngest was a little baby, my wife and I got up in the middle of the night and was making a bottle and all of a sudden the kitchen windowslit up. I thought a car had pulled in. I looked out to the driveway and nothing was there. Then all of a sudden the light blew through the windows and lit up so brightly that we couldn't even see each other. I remember my wife saying "whats going on" and then as quick as that it was gone. There was no car and no noise and the light seemed to be coming from every direction...Was really freaky.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twin4002

Late 60`s Oscoda MI, near Wurthsmith AFB

The guy brought his boss out to look too because it was impossible for them to get all of the channels without cable.

Hoax. Plain and simple. This hoaxer must be very young and is not aware that cable did not exist in the 1960s. Mods, please lock or delete this thread, thanks,

STM

[edit on 22-2-2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Actually the first cable television systems WERE set up in the late 1960's... They were also primarily SMALL TOWN operations.

I was alive then and happen to remember having friends who actually had more than ABC, CBS and NBC.

That combined with the fact a simple google search for "earliest cable television operators" provides several sources that were in business back in 1966 tells us that your less than polite/socially graceful response is utterly WRONG to boot.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hey Springer

I'll call tomorrow and check. If that's so in this region of the country then I'll apologize. I have honestly never heard that cable TV existed in the U.S. at that time and even though you say it is so, it still doesn't sit well with me, it was too glib a mention of it without an explanation of its existence.

Also, keep in mind that I've recently been through a thread with a person claiming to have classified docs and I spent days researching the laws and statutes on the consequences of their release and posting such on two different threads and all the time giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and counseling him through U2Us as to how to handle it. I also asked the aircraft project group to help and now I am told that you knew the laws all along and that you knew the guy was a hoaxer all along and yet not one word. Now I hear a word and it's that I'm being too harsh. Consider this backlash, a natural reflex that occurs when a person has been flipped around and is not in such a pleasant mood. Benefit of doubt for this poster, not at this time. Ban me, I don't care, all I've worked on recently was clearly wasted effort.

STM

[edit on 23-2-2007 by seentoomuch]

edit to add additional responses to Springer

[edit on 23-2-2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hmmm, people come here to share stories, seek the truth, and people like this clown are allowed to belittle someone for telling a true story. I've read some pretty far fetched stuff in here that don't get this kind of response...

I have no reason to lie..I wasn't even born at the time.

Hell I don't even know if there was cable around there back then, all I know is that the friend of my dad that worked at the TV shop brought out his boss to look because it was impossible for them to be receiving all of the channels they were getting.

Don't you dare call me a hoaxer, I take enough # from people that don't believe in UFO's that I have told this too, it's nice to come to a place and tell it where I think people will actually believe it and find interest in it and then get treated like this.

Ohh well, this was my only story to share, I have nothing more of interest for anyone here.

Ohh and I'm 32 years old, not a kid looking for attention. Goodnight.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Twin4002]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Great story, I believe it. I too have been visited many times. Atleast one time stands out in my mind. When I was a young kid my friend and I were playing when he said "a monster" as he pointed out the bedroom window. What was outside my window was like nothing I have ever seen before or after. It had glowing eyes(for sure) and it had scaled skin(im pretty sure). When I looked into its eyes I remember being stunned like a deer looking into headlights. My friend grabbed my arm and we ran and told my grandmother when we told her and we came back the being had left and I don't remember seeing it again, keyword remember..

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Amazon Lights]

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'd like to see a UFO however I'd never want one of them watching me through my window. I would freak. It wouldn't matter if I had the feeling to not be afraid or not.

The wierd thing is when the light came down in the back yard my mom and dad both had the feeling that they shouldn't look out the window and they didn't.

My dads brother had a gun shop behind their cabin where he lived also. It was about 75 yards behind them. My dad asked him the next morning if he seen anything in the backyard the night before and he turned white, gave him a blank stare and just turned around and walked away.

He died not too long later from cancer. I don't know if it is related or not, just a fact of the story.

The first night the face was in the window my dad saw it as all three of them were sitting watching TV, he didn't want to scare my sister so he nudged my mom and asked her if she sees something and she said "you mean the thing in the window" and my sister said "I see it too". This thing came every night for a week.

My dad believes that it must have attached some sort of homing device onto or near their TV antenna so someone knew where to pick it up? Thats why the TV channels were all there and that's why the light came right down in their backyard.

I have grilled my mom, dad and sister on this so many times, their stories all match, no differences, no lies..and my mom acts really wierd when it's mentioned. She does not like to talk about it at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks Twin4002

Very cool. Totally Serling-esgue! I've often wondered how many episodes of the 'The Twilight Zone' were loosely based on anecdotal information gleaned from stories like your own, and not solely spun from Rod's incredible imagination.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi Twin4002, I believe your story to an extent.

The reason I believe you is I grew up in Oscoda, well actually Ausable, but it is all the same town.

Your parents are right when they said 2 or 3 channels, channel 11 was/is the local Alpena channel, the other was channel 50 out of detroit, and I don't remember the other.

I lived there from 1968 thru 1990, and recall hearing relatives talking about people seeing ufos near WAFB. (Wurtsmith is the proper spelling)

The first appearance was between 1966 and 1969, and all I can remember is that planes were sent to identify it and that they couldn't catch it.

The second appearance was sometime around 1976, or 77.

That's the one where the ufo was seen near the bomb storage facilities on WAFB, and chased out over lake huron, and had lost the ufo over Saginaw bay.

I was only 10 or 11 at the time of the 76 sighting, but I remember everyone in town was talking about it for quite some time at the "Coney Island" where everyone went afterwork to gossip and drink coffee.

I also had a brief encounter in either 2000, or 2001 during deer season Behind WAFB near Bissonette road at my dad's deer camp.

But I won't clutter your thread with my sighting, because I have never heard a ufo described like what my brother and I seen.

Although I have thought about starting a thread to see if anyone has seen anything like it.

I'm very interested in hearing anything else you or your parents would like to relate.

Mention the "coney island" and see what they say, I'll bet I may know who they are.

If you would like to chat in private, send me a u2u once you have enough points/posts or whatever it takes.

BTW,... Welcome to ATS.

Later,.... Ausable_Bill

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hey Twin4002,

Take it easy on STM as she is not usually like this at all. She is one of the most open minded people on ATS. Everyone has a bad day.

Your story is intriuging to say the least. Any more details you can remember?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is absolutely mental.
I've never seen so many flaky stories and hoaxes pop up from newly registered members before.
I reckon a few ppl have gotten together and planned this lol
```````````````````````

Please read Coutesy is mandatory

[edit on 25/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I really get a kick out of people who yell "hoax" without even researching the basic facts.

Well,enough of that,...

I did a little research about the incidents I remember hearing about and discovered that I can't find any documentation on the sighting from the 60's, so either that one was a local story, or hushed up.

Now the one I recall from the 70's has been well documented, but I got the year wrong, it was in 1975, not 76 or77.

Here's one of the many websites documenting it.

www.nicap.org/babylon/751030_wurtsmith.htm

www.nicap.org/norad4.htm

What is interesting is the ufos' were interested in the nuclear weapons stored on the base.

From another website it is said that the ufos' deactivated the guidance systems of several ICBM's said to have been employed there, but I don't find that website nearly as credible as the others listed above.

[url=aliens.monstrous.com/sightings_ii.htm]aliens.monstrous.com/sightings_ii.htm[/url

look for Oscoda/Saginaw bay (October 30, 1975)

It is 1/3 of the way down the page.

Later,.... Ausable_Bill

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Ausable_Bill]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ausable_Bill,

This visitation happened on Wagner Dr.

I don't know if you knew Jerry or not but he was a very close family friend. He and my dad were best friends. He is the guy who built the canoe monument on the Ausable and won the marathon back in the day.

I don't have any other things to add on my familys story. I've told what I've been told.

I will add that my dad is 83 now, he was woodsman all his life, knew the animals and everything else out there and if he says what was in the window wasn't an animal it wasn't.

He thought it was kids or some weirdo with a halloween mask, untill he couldn't run out the door and catch them so many times, and after didn't leave any prints in the dirt then they really knew something weird was happening.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
This is absolutely mental.
I've never seen so many flaky stories and hoaxes pop up from newly registered members before.
I reckon a few ppl have gotten together and planned this lol

Yeah and who are you to be in here judging people? Better yet, what unbelievable story do you have, what evidence can you provide to back it up..

Ohh well, I'm here for the people that do know that somethings out there. I'm not really interested in the people who call hoax at everything. I'm sure this forum is inundated with people that come here to sway everyone from the truth, which I am 100% sure that that is why you are here.

The way I see it, you're either here to help yourself and others to find the answers or you're here to help cover them up. Being that this forum appears to be here to provide a place for us to share our stories and sightings, I think some serious moderation is needed to keep people like you out.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is the truest sighting story in here!! Maybe not the only one lol, but 100% true. I posted this under my old account. My dad has passed since I posted this but my mom and sister still remember it. I'm surprised I didn't get more flags back when I posted this. There's nothing unbelievable about it.. if you believe in "them" anyways..
edit on 21-5-2012 by Stumpjumper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is just anecdotal evidence at best, which I have to say doesn't impress me that much as I've heard that many incredible stories (some were downright stupid) without any evidence and no proof whatsoever. Anyone can make up a story and say it's 100% true which they quite often do. One thing I am absolutely sure of is that humans cannot be trusted at all and without proof you may as well start believing in any random story uttered in a bar/pub. Did I ever tell you the one about...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
3 WITNESSES TO THE EVENT, 2 MORE WITNESSES TO THE TELEVISION GETTING AN IMPOSSIBLE AMOUNT OF CHANNELS.. 2 OTHER WITNESSES TO THE LIGHT COMING DOWN IN THE BACK YARD, BY 2 NEIGHBORS.

WHATEVER THOUGH

top topics

<<   2 >>

join