It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Afraid: Powder-Sized RFID Chips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Be Afraid: Powder-Sized RFID Chips

Source Link: tech.yahoo.com

Everyone's so paranoid about the RFID chips that are already in place in so many parts of our lives, so here's an item (via Engadget and Pink Tentacle) about Hitachi's new powder-sized RFID chips to make us even more scared of Big Brother (or little-Brother-ID thief).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
WTF?

Why hasn't anybody responded to this?

This is another sign of the end times.

Nice Find!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The original head line is in the Yahoo front page dated; Feb 23, 2007.

But the actual story itself (from that Yahoo from page link) is dated Feb 16.

I know the rule that any breaking news, has to be from the last 48 hours, I just did not notice the date in the actual story which is; Feb 16 2007

I am not sure if this is still a valid breaking news.

Very interesting anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I starteda thread about this around a week ago and thair was another one the next day that had a lot of replies.I think it is a good subject
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 11-09-06 by slayerfan]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here is a most updated link of news source:

still less than 48 hours

News Source

TOKYO - Tiny computer chips used for tracking food, tickets and other items are getting even smaller. Hitachi Ltd., a Japanese electronics maker, recently showed off radio frequency identification, or RFID, chips that are just 0.002 inches by 0.002 inches and look like bits of powder. They're thin enough to be embedded in a piece of paper, company spokesman Masayuki Takeuchi said Thursday

[edit on 22-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well it, like alot of technoogy has positives and negatives.
It can be used for good, or for nefarious reasons.

Personally I don't have a problem with the development of the tech-
nology, how it is used though I think needs to have alot of oversight
when it comes to corporations and government.

Hell even normal people should have oversight when it comes to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This sounds like micro-filaments, a spin aoff of micro-processor technology. Those at Hi-at-cha must have broke enough to figure out they are there.

What I would look for is small-convenient-looking dev.'s that have been touched up.
These micro-filaments, if aligned correctly, would make for an excellent make-shift antenna array, the desired out-effect, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Having this, can we still say or think that we have a "secure" place to be where no monitoring gadgets or other device can function?

The makers of this, or other should be able to come up with a "contra" device similar to a bug detector.

Just imagine for example, the U.S. secret service has a lot more thing to worry about than the usual threats.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
and so the day has finally come where even the "dust in the wind" is a programmed agent to our demise.

There is a reason why Islamic men keep veils over the mouths of their women.

My wife keeps mask over her face whenever she is out of our tent; as do I.

This evil will soon destroy itself... until then however...

Hajib,

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Get a grip, guys. They're small but "powder" is a bit of an exaggeration.

More to the point, they require attachment to an antenna. You have to bond them to some sort of E-field antenna large enough to be useful at 2.45GHz.

That's not going to be microscopic.

Next, they're E-field parts, so they're only good for external use. You can't "implant them".

And they're pretty much brain dead, they don't even have collision avoidance, so you can't separate out a group of them.

Last but not least, they don't have much range. Mu didn't have much range either. Less than other E-field parts, maybe 10 inches with a good antenna.

They're good for POS terminal use, and that's what they're intended for.

new topics

top topics

join