It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game over.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Haven't you ever had these dreams where you don't wake up, you think that the dreams are real and you live your entire life throughout them then you wake up? What if your entire life was like that? What if we're all experiments and we are living through a simulation and we are stuck in here until our timer runs out and then our biological clock stops ticking, then we come back to the lab and find out reptillions or aliens? Then we go into the real world? What fi when we die, time ends, and we are warped to another universe? What do you feel about this subject?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Interesting, keep thinking

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
hey, what if... we were actually being grown in these tanks, right, but we think we're living our lives through this like massive computer game, right, but earth was actually destroyed, and only a few people are ACTUALLY still alive... and, like, there were these ummm agents.......

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
sorry, i was being silly.... umm actually that would be pretty awesome, cos if you did wake up after "dying" in one life, then you get to do all those things you wished you'd done in your first life, you get a chance to live again and maybe stop sitting around on your computer at 3am, and actually get out there are do something with your life (i'm talking about myself here)... and on that note im leaving.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
this dream sucks.

On that note, dreams where you're dreaming. REALLY screw with you.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Awake and All Seeing]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have had a dream before where I was someone else and I was murdered on a couch. There were other people I had never met being shot around me and I was in a strange home I'd never been before. I have had other dreams like that too. Right before I wake up, I am slammed into my body and I jump awake. It hurts pretty bad at first too, but the feeling wears off.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
for some reason since the day i read this, ive been thinking more and more about it. dreams are cool. i mean, what are they? (link me to a thread if there already is one, i spose its more of a psychology issue....)

but what i mean is, if you get to live what seems like a whole lifetime in a dream, thats pretty awesome. i don't think i ever have...... do you wake up and think about whats really important in your life, given that you have just seen a whole life go by? or is it not that literal? i'm looking forward to going to sleep now, cos dreaming's awesome!

i think its interesting (talking about jessicamsa's post here), whats weird is that very often at the end of the dream, we wake ourselves up at a pivotal moment (i've done it when i "die" in a dream)- where your body literally jerks you awake... strange that this coincides with the brain functions of having a dream, since, aren't you supposed to be paralysed when in a deep sleep?

obviously i don't know much about it... i am interested though.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have had plenty of lucid dreaming experience where not only am i aware that i'm dreaming, but i have full control of myself (and others) in my dreams. I have never had a dream where i've lived an entire life, died, and then woke up.

So, you're asking "what if our entire life was like that?" Um... yeah... what if? Here's something to chew on...

We are not experiments of any kind. All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration that manifests in a way that we can perceive. The matter you see before you is simply vibrating at a different frequency than everything you don't see. This would mean that the life we are living is infact NOT the true nature of our reality. We are living in a sort of construct, although it is not artificial and it is not controlled by an alien race.

Questions?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Haven't you ever had these dreams where you don't wake up, you think that the dreams are real and you live your entire life throughout them then you wake up? What if your entire life was like that? What if we're all experiments and we are living through a simulation and we are stuck in here until our timer runs out and then our biological clock stops ticking, then we come back to the lab and find out reptillions or aliens? Then we go into the real world? What fi when we die, time ends, and we are warped to another universe? What do you feel about this subject?

Interesting. I think there is a possibility that we are not experiencing the whole of reality, much like a two-dimensional being (Flatland) can not comprehend three-dimensional beings.

en.wikipedia.org...

What makes me consider this is the fact that we still don't understand gravity.

It's a very important force but the weakest of all the fundamental forces. (After all you can break the attraction by just jumping up, even though there's a massive body underneath you holding you down).

I think gravity is an effect and not a fundamental force, but we can't distinguish it as such, perhaps because the 'real' world actually has four, or five or eleven additional dimensions and we're really Flatlanders.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
what does it mean when i wake up in the middle of the night after what feels like being dropped 5 feet from above my bed

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I keep having problems seperating my dreams from reality. I'll dream something and it'll be so realistic I'll think it happened, then be very shocked when I learn it has not.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
what does it mean when i wake up in the middle of the night after what feels like being dropped 5 feet from above my bed

It means you need a bigger bed.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by biotic

This is caused by sleep paralysis.

When you enter REM sleep your body is paralysed to stop you from acting out your dreams.

When you wake up suddenly from REM sleep your body goes from a state of paralysis to active.

This is what causes the sudden drop feeling. It's quite common and nothing to worry about.

As for the living in a simulation, it is a distinct possibility. There are two possibilities...

A) We live in a simulated reality
B) We live in a naturally occurring reality given rise from a Sea of Pure Potentiality.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
what makes a reality artificial or not? are virtual realities any less 'real' then our reality? if both are a part of existance what makes one more 'real' than the other? the very existence of these things makes them real. Brains are nuts

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This sounds like something out of either "The Cell" or "Dreamscape" (movies about dreams).

I dont know about our entire lives being dreams, but I have heard talk on this subject before. It could very well be a possibility that our lives are the most lifelike dreams ever, and when we finish our work on this planet that we are transported into another realm to do the same thing all over.

Pretty deep thoughts coming out of this discussion...at least for me.

new topics

top topics

join