It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is going on? Why do the Marines keep calling me?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips guys, I'm getting a lot of good advice, if they call me again, I might try what wildbob said.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
But couldn't they just check your medical record, or am I mistaken?

I don't think that recruiters would have that much in depth info on a random civilian. I joined the Marines durring high school. I was in the delayed entry program for a year and helped recruit a few people in order to gain more rank out of bootcamp. I know that we had high school and college lists, but I never saw medical records, or recruiters even trying to find medical info on civilians. They called a friend of mine who has diabetes and he told them of his condition and never again did they call him. Sometimes, info will get lost and they will call a few times before a "do not call" is officially recognized.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip Jackcash, i just might try that.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
WTF ?????????

what the hell is wrong with you people

JUST SAY NO !!!!!!!

they do not take it as a personal sleight and vow to kill you

just say no , i am not interested

that is all it takes

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
WTF ?????????

what the hell is wrong with you people

JUST SAY NO !!!!!!!

they do not take it as a personal sleight and vow to kill you

just say no , i am not interested

that is all it takes

Dude, I already told them like two times that I'm not interested.

That's the problem, they just keep bugging.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Isn't that why he started this thread? Because he told them no, and they are still contacting him?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

well BOO fookin HOO

is that the sum of your problems - having to say no to recruiters ?

how long does it take ? - and how many OTHER " spam " calls do you get / week ? i already asked this

if " being bugged " by a phone call that you can end curtly in under 4 seconds is a source of consternation to you - then i pity you - you are not cut out for life unsupervised

just get a grip - its only a phone call , learned to say no yet ?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Tell them you can't serve because you just got out of prison for killing a telemarketer. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
Tell them you can't serve because you just got out of prison for killing a telemarketer. . .

2PacSade-

Thats pretty funny, but we are talking about the Marine Corps here. I doubt that is going to scare them off. If anything it will antagonize them.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just curious, but do you go to a community college or a university? While I was in the process of getting my bachelor's at a university the most I got was a few packs in the mail from the army, coast guard, and airforce (but I had applied to the Air Force Academy while in high-school, so that's understandable.) My high school buddies that couldn't quite get into university and who went to local community colleges with the intention of transfering over after they got their AAs did, however, get phone calls (though they didn't complain they were excessive or anything.)

Funny enough, after I graduated with my bachelor's and began the Navy (officer) application process while in graduate school I got calls from all branches from enlisted recruiters. Nothing excessive, I just told them of my situation and got the "good luck, call us if you change your mind," and then they sent me the pack with the free socks (or whatever that particular branch was sending at the time - still have my felt Air Force flag over my desk, heh heh)

Also, many universities (even some private ones! so I imagine community colleges may too) have enlisted recruiters on campus, I know 2 of the 3 of my schools did. Maybe you absent-mindedly filled out a questionaire for the free shirt or lunch certificate or something while bored between classes?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just say no, in the past couple of months I've had every recruiter from all branches call me.

I showed interest in all and in the end I told each of them no. The problem here is that you're not giving them your time, if you just sat down and listened and then simply said "this is all good, but I don't want to do service". They'll have to leave you alone. Otherwise just keep saying no on the phone.

No big deal really.

I've put up with all branch recruiters.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Why do the Marines keep calling me

Because you are a college student. That's all. No other reason.

The US Military has recruited at high schools and colleges for decades. There is no reason to point to Iraq for the Marines making contact with you. The local recruiters are given phone numbers of all the high school students, and usually college students, in order to call and recruit. It's much the same thing that happens with tele-marketers.

No big deal.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

well BOO fookin HOO

is that the sum of your problems - having to say no to recruiters ?

how long does it take ? - and how many OTHER " spam " calls do you get / week ? i already asked this

if " being bugged " by a phone call that you can end curtly in under 4 seconds is a source of consternation to you - then i pity you - you are not cut out for life unsupervised

just get a grip - its only a phone call , learned to say no yet ?

Gee, what crawled up your arse today?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm thinking about the Air Force. But I refuse to answer every time a recruiter asks for my personal info. If I want to join, I'll go to them.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
AirForce is absolutely the way to go if you want to see "the cool stuff". It's where most of the governments money goes too. You'll get to see some pretty hightech stuff depending on what field you get into.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The army used to call my daughter a lot, every evening practically, she had scored really high on some test they give in school and he was impressed. She was underage and I asked them to stop calling, but nope my asking them did not work. He kept calling until one evening I was in an especially crazy mood and got on the phone. I proceeded to tell him all about the birth experience, every gory painfilled hour, minute by minute detail, the guy kept hedging and asking to speak to my daughter, and I would say in a minute you just gotta hear this part and proceeded to make him listen to how bad an enema is. The guy finally started begging to end the conversation, but oh no I had a captive audience and proceeded to demand he listen to me. For some reason he never called back.

So put a woman on to tell of something no man in his right mind would ever want to hear, you'll probably never hear from him again.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by goose]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why won't you join our beloved corps? what are you a sissy? cmon now only cowards and mammas boys won't join our beloved corps!

We have ways of making you join our beloved corps
Resistance is futile...

Don't worry about it. The marines tried recruiting me when I was about that age all the time. Seemed like they would come around once a year to bug the tar outta me. After a while they stoped.

Possibly does have to do with them having a real hard time recruiting people willingly nowadays though too.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
So put a woman on to tell of something no man in his right mind would ever want to hear, you'll probably never hear from him again.

After seing the birth of my own son. I could just imagine what you told him.
Those who say childbirth is a beautiful magical expirence never ever saw it happen
It's more like a scene from aliens thain a wonderfull beautiful magical.

and thats why women should be allowed to fight in wars!
if they can put up with childbirth im willin to hand em an M16 and send em off to a war!

I bet that recruiter didnt call again...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Tell 'em you're a homosexual, diabetic, asthmatic.

Should do the trick.

With flat feet.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Tell 'em you're a homosexual, diabetic, asthmatic.

Should do the trick.

With flat feet.

They'll tell you to lie about the Diabetic and Asthmatic cases if you don't have any documentation to back it up and they'll actually research it if you're gay or not so telling them flat out "I'm homosexual" isn't going to work. Never did really.

Relatively recent laws also make it so that homosexuals can serve a lot easier than before.

I like the idea of having a woman speak for you, they'll get the idea across.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join