It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the big question

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
this is interesting =o) how do i put a picture up...... hmmm..... nah ok that can remain a mystery. hehe, don't want to be rude, but im gonna guess "single" for most people here as well. i would have thought anything from school leaver age upwards, to about 40.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
White, male, 21 here. It seems whoever said that wasn't too far off.

I guess we have to take language barriers into consideration as well, I would be interested to know how many Asian CTers there are using other boards.

[edit on 2/23/2007 by somedude]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
White Male here, 49.

I might not count.

I don't really subscribe much to conspiracy theories.

I’m a strong believer in the “Principle of Parsimony.”

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am male, 27, Hispanic (Spanish-Italian descent) and below middle class (I'd say about $28,000/yr).

But as for all of my like-minded friends, they trend to be white and sort of poor, slacker types.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Male, caucasian, born in the 50's. I remember I had a copy of Life magazine when I was a kid that was a special on UFOs. Seems most of my life has been uneventful as for as seeing something really unexplained but I've always kept an eye open. I always been a science and outdoors type. Technology has changed the game.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well im 17 and black(well brown). I guess the reason there arent that many minorties into the whole conspiracy thing is because the majority of us live in pretty harsh,real realities.Basically what i mean is a young black guy living in the ghetto has more important down-to-earth things to worry about than a middle class suburban white teenager does.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude
Well im 17 and black(well brown). I guess the reason there arent that many minorties into the whole conspiracy thing is because the majority of us live in pretty harsh,real realities.Basically what i mean is a young black guy living in the ghetto has more important down-to-earth things to worry about than a middle class suburban white teenager does.

So there are no middle class suburban minority teenagers in the U.S.? No white people in the ghetto?

I'm sure you meant well, but there has to be a better way for you to express these feelings. No offense- But it sounds kinda racist the way you have brushed your thoughts with such broad strokes sorry.

2PacSade-

spelling

White male, 43 spins around the Sun, married with 4 children. A harsh reality sometimes, but still havin a blast

[edit on 23-2-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i KNEW someone would find a way to make an issue out of this simple question! it was a simple poll, but thre isn't a function for those on these forums, so i thought i would ask. there are a lot of people, of all colours and ages that have reasons not to write on the ATS, and people that do write on them, i was just wondering who does, not why other don't.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
White male, 46
4 Years in the Air Force
12 Years as Federal Police Officer at NSA
Presently Data Analysist at NSA
Happily Married with kids.

Veteren Truth Seeker (not CT)

[edit on 23-2-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral
i KNEW someone would find a way to make an issue out of this simple question! it was a simple poll, but thre isn't a function for those on these forums, so i thought i would ask. there are a lot of people, of all colours and ages that have reasons not to write on the ATS, and people that do write on them, i was just wondering who does, not why other don't.

Don't worry. There are issues inherent and some people have less tact than you and I. All good insights! Only partly devolved to a singles site. I've got nothing much to add. what a splendidly succesful thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
white girl (teens) here

jessoo women/girls. Why are there so many bleeding guys on this? no offense to men/boys. Come on girls (sorry to sounds like an idiot but you know what i mean)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry for interrupting but I thought this was the 9/11 conspiracy forum doesn't this belong somewhere else?

BTW old mutt male....

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Daaaamm, sylvrshadow, I saw your photo. Are you a model? Because you ought to be.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude
Basically what i mean is a young black guy living in the ghetto has more important down-to-earth things to worry about than a middle class suburban white teenager does.

We're not all white teenagers. Most of the white teenagers that I know (and black teenagers, too, for that matter) can't even find their own country on a map of the world, never mind discuss current events.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/23/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
White male ,very upper 30s,very poor (about 18,000yr.) w/wife and 3 wonderful children

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
40 female
I figured it was mostly guys on here
my women friends don't seem that interested
in conspiracies or ufo's for that matter.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't know if being white and young has anything to do with the predominace of conspiracy theories per se. I think that at this particular meeting point there happen to be a lot of the aforementioned due to the fact that said persons have a higher ratio per-capita of internet access and leisure time. Go into a lower income area and you'll find lots of conspiracy theories- they're just transmitted orally and not posted on the internet. You are looking at an effect, not a cause.

As for conspiracy theories in general, I think that in a large part they have filled a psychological void in our modern culture. That is, they have supplanted the ancient mythologies of Gods and Devils, in an attempt to explain our often irrational world.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Sorry for interrupting but I thought this was the 9/11 conspiracy forum doesn't this belong somewhere else?

BTW old mutt male....

Well it started out about 9/11 theorists, being us. It's expanded a bit to ATSers in general. I think its relevant. Not DIRECTLY, of course, but indicrectly, understanding us, who we are and wondering what that means.
Thanks all of you for weighing in. A bit more diversity than I expected. Perhaps a few other white guys deciding "No way, we're diverse..." but then see all the others and go "hmmm, I'm gonna back outa here."

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
You're funny. Wonder where you read that?

haha i get why you think im funny, didnt realise till before but it was you that said it!! ok, quick question, i can't join the chat till i get 100 posts, how do i find out how many i have now??

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral
ok, quick question, i can't join the chat till i get 100 posts, how do i find out how many i have now??

This is off-topic, but since you asked...

Click at the bottom of your post where it says "user profile"

your post count is 38 right now...

edit = clarity and trim quote

[edit on 2/26/2007 by Mechanic 32]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join