It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Flagged Threads Appearing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Some legacy XMB code bit me in the aRse again.

The database field intended to keep score of threads (from a very old "hack" applied back in 2003) was a "varChar" field... "viariable characters". In order to ensure threads can be properly sorted by flag totals, I converted it to an integer field... and kept coding like a mad-man... not realizing some queries that display thread lists rely on character data in the score field.

All is well now... carry on.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
ah so it was Mechanic 32 fault again

I heard that, Sauron!

Thanks, S.O.!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Pfuiee... what a relief.

My first thought, SO is messing around again. Then I did a sweep of my system, and it found a malicious adware rated 3. Happy to get rid of that. But then the summary said attempted hijacking of system, altering your IE shield recommanded.

Oh, now they got me, I thought, how much damaged been done before I had time to alter shields?

Reading this thread took a stone from my heart. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The database field intended to keep score of threads (from a very old "hack" applied back in 2003) was a "varChar" field... "viariable characters". In order to ensure threads can be properly sorted by flag totals, I converted it to an integer field... and kept coding like a mad-man... not realizing some queries that display thread lists rely on character data in the score field.

All is well now... carry on.

...Ahhhh, we'll take your word for it.

Things seem to be on the up & up.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I converted it to an integer field... and kept coding like a mad-man... not realizing some queries that display thread lists rely on character data in the score field.

Ah, it all makes sense now! So... someone spilled coffee on the server?

Only kidding

The flagging system is working like a charm now. Thank you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join