It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germ Covered Meteor to collide with Earth in 2008, March 21

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.bbspot.com...

"To combat this threat, NASA scientists are developing a giant "Lysol" missile which will kill 99.99% of germs on the meteor before it strikes Earth.

"...That will give the .01% of life that survives the impact a fighting chance," said Jones.

Even if the missile is successful, Jones warns that survivors should still avoid touching meteor fragments unless absolutely necessary. "If a piece of meteor is crushing your son's legs, I would touch it," said Jones, "but I'd be sure to wear gloves and wash my hands thoroughly afterwards."

An even more nightmarish scenario would have the surviving bacteria aerosolized on impact and make the air we breathe toxic.

"The dust cloud that will encircle the Earth not only would block out the sun for decades, but it could be teeming with bacteria," said Jones. "I recommend wearing a mask..."

Quite intresting. In the article they refer to it like it will definently happen. Im not so sure, but I cant say I really doubt it. It could happen. I found the Lysol missle quite funny, but I guess its not a joke. If we all dont die, the ones still alive could be mutated.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That is interesting.

They say it MAY be covered in germs. It MAY also be covered in grass. It MAY have alien life on it. Lifes to short to worry about maybes.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Quite intresting. In the article they refer to it like it will definently happen. Im not so sure, but I cant say I really doubt it. It could happen. I found the Lysol missle quite funny, but I guess its not a joke. If we all dont die, the ones still alive could be mutated.

From the site:

Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political worlds, the BBspot Mailbag which pokes fun at the Believers (people who believe our fake news) and much more. BBspot was started by Brian Briggs in April of 2000 as a hobby to bring some fun to the web, but grew to the point where Brian "quit his day job" and made the site his full-time occupation in January of 2003.

www.bbspot.com...

So the story is not real its a joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No ZG-7134 Meteor registered at Nasa. looks like some Aprils fool thing imo.

new topics

top topics

join