It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you seek the truth??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hi there, long time lurker but brandly new to posting here, infact my signature on the sign-on contract is still smearable. Anyhow, I'd like to start off by thanking everyone(expecially the creators of ATS) for providing many MANY hours of nightly entertainment and enlightenment for quite some time. Over my course of reading these boards, just now I came to a sudden realization. It seems that most here are not actually seeking 'the truth' but rather looking to skepticly debunk, dethrone or just flat out argue reguardless of topic...

Perhaps I am old school and have a bit more faith in human perception or maybe the philosiphy "absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence" makes sence to me, but it seems that 99 percent of the population here would require a personal abduction and subsiquent flight through the stars to really believe, or have to be in the same room and get a hand written affirmation from a ghost to give credit or basically hold truth in there hands to see it. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for healthy skepticisim, we all know too well how and why these things get faked ALL the time, and maybe thats why so many here seem to weild a disbelieving sword, because of all the garbage out there but I digress...

I hope this does not come off as a rant being my first post here and all, I was just curious as to how many out there(in here) are actually here digging for truth and not just to hone there arguing abilities. Can ones perception of reality add up to truth for you given the absence of reasonable doubt? What would it take given any specific phenomona to generate a tone of truth within you? Where does logic dislodge and outward interpritation dictate truth for you(if at all)?

Sorry for my spelling and thanks for reading!

By the way, I look forward to discussing my childhood dealings, while living in a haunted house, with you all(among other things) in the near future, and thanks again for your time.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by HomeBrew]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
By the way, I look forward to discussing my childhood dealings while living in a haunted house with you all.

I'm pretty sure I never lived in a haunted house with you......just kidding.

Hi. Honestly, I'm here for the entertainment. I find it pointless to argue here, 'cause I'm horrible at it. My best communication is face-to-face.

Sometimes though, I drop in and leave what I think is a witty comment. Usually its ignored.

To answer your question...Yes, I seek the truth. Will I find it here? I might. Will I recognize it? I might.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

it seems that 99 percent of the population here would require a personal abduction and subsiquent flight through the stars to really believe...

99%??? How did you arrive at that figure?

I hope this does not come off as a rant...

It comes off as a rant.

Over my course of reading these boards, just now I came to a sudden realization. It seems that most here are not actually seeking 'the truth'...

I beg to differ. Even the far majority of 'healthy skeptics' are actually seeking 'the truth' as well...

As for me - my participation is part intrigue, part education, part entertainment, part enlightenment, part camaraderie, part ("fill_in_the_blank") - not necessarily in that order and in no particular proportions. All depends on the OP, the responses/reaction, the topic's own self-generating 'energy' - a whole bunch of variables I don't even want to try and define.

All I know is that I keep coming back to ATS to read and learn -from both protagonists and skeptics alike...

Thanks for posting - and keep looking up!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by HomeBrew
By the way, I look forward to discussing my childhood dealings while living in a haunted house with you all.

I'm pretty sure I never lived in a haunted house with you......just kidding.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by MrPenny]

Oops, fixed that.. :/

Thanks for the honest thought though. However I usually seek the truth albiet entertaining sometimes. I often wish I had the luxury to dismiss paranormal dealings as dilution or hoax but life expierences dictate otherwise. And like many, we live our lives trying to validate our past.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

it seems that 99 percent of the population here would require a personal abduction and subsiquent flight through the stars to really believe...

99%??? How did you arrive at that figure?

I hope this does not come off as a rant...

It comes off as a rant.

Over my course of reading these boards, just now I came to a sudden realization. It seems that most here are not actually seeking 'the truth'...

I beg to differ. Even the far majority of 'healthy skeptics' are actually seeking 'the truth' as well...

As for me - my participation is part intrigue, part education, part entertainment, part enlightenment, part camaraderie, part ("fill_in_the_blank") - not necessarily in that order and in no particular proportions. All depends on the OP, the responses/reaction, the topic's own self-generating 'energy' - a whole bunch of variables I don't even want to try and define.

All I know is that I keep coming back to ATS to read and learn -from both protagonists and skeptics alike...

Thanks for posting - and keep looking up!

Sorry if it came off as a rant, I guess I was just trying to cram too much in my first post. The '99%' was just a loosely based and exagerated calculation but I agree with the notion that truth can be found through a skeptic view and should have kept that tone in my initial post. I, like you, use many tools to confirm and/or deny 'evidence' when things of this nature arise.

Thanks for your response(s)!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Homebrew,
I came to ATS for exactly the same reason. I have had unusual experiences and have sought a community in which to share. Many come to argue, it is only human instinct to fight, and I get bored with that stuff pretty quickly. I want believers and skeptics alike to be polite and respect each other's point of view without character assassination. It gets so tiring to read so many angry words, especially when this is supposed to be a community of folks coming together to share knowledge. Knowledge is dangerous I guess, no matter what side. I look forward to reading about your experiences.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to tell you this is a simply ESSENTIAL thread. It is a STATEMENT that NEEDS to be HEARD... but more than than that it needs be FELT...

The goodness of mankind ... It' really there. We've masked it. They say every generation got it's own disease... but man... have you noticed yet, People?

THIS generation's "disease" is AUTISM. XBOX was the last... and before that it was xstacy... and before that... blah blah blah... right back to the time of Moses probably, for all I know...

To seek the truth we've got to cast FEAR aside. When it comes down to it... the sum of everything else only adds up to one thing... FEAR. We gotta BE THERE for each other and KNOW IT about our "fellow man...".

As ye seek, so shall ye find...

I don't know about you, but I, for one have ALWAYS believed in that statement. Together is really the only way... and that means scrutiny without anger... analysis without agression... perseverence married to compassion. Wouldn't you agree?

We need leave NO rock unturned.

beteo
SPout

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey there HomeBrew, cool thought and question. Can't answer for all but can answer for me..

Their here and have been foe a long-while. perhaps Moses and prior to him?

Perhap's they have been here with full understanding of the possible Earth doom, not human inhabitants, but human inhabitants eventuality to make this ball uninhabitable.

Are they us from the future or other galactic races or both, or other?
Overpopulation on this ball -- alone will contribute to our loss.

What we are seeing in the skies less domestic A-Force stuff is a reality of life we soon may be prudent to understand as what's left of our past.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
....theres nothing anybody can do to get evidence beyond what is given in the mainstream because aliens and ufos are more classified than the atomic bomb. most people who do not believe are set in their ways i agree but theres a wide range of people who do believe or can be convinced if certain events happen such as the phoenix lights. if one of us did stumble on some good evidence we would die like those people who have the roswell piece and mysterious died of leukemia. and then of course when they tried to have a conference everything went bad.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I once saw a Bigfoot with my own eyes. I was alone and can't prove it, though I've told the story here many times.

There are many hoaxes here and I love that this community is swift at proving them to be such. Often the hoaxes are enough to push me to the point of giving up.

Then a member comes on with a story of something incredible that happened to them. Something that is beyond reason or science, and I fall in love with ATS all over again.

You see, the fact that I saw a Bigfoot means I cannot call someone a fool or lier when they say they have seen a ghost, or alien or chupacabra or anything else. All I can do is say, "Wowser! let me tell you about the time I saw a Bigfoot."

We shoot down allot of hoaxes here, but that does not mean we do not seek the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
..... the fact that I saw a Bigfoot means I cannot call someone a fool or lier when they say they have seen a ghost, or alien or chupacabra or anything else. All I can do is say, "Wowser! ...

I feel/think the very same!

Thanks everyone for your insight!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Great post mrwupy in my opinion. I can't affirm BF nor have I seen one and I have only seen one UFO one time at night.

What I can allude to is, how many sightings our Above Top Secret members have seen, taped and shared with us here, To those ATS Members sharing their taped sightings -- I salute You.

If there is a way, prior to forced Gov release, to get some detail above what's already out there re UFOs, it may well be a multi-tape of the same close encounter at the same time by multiple witnesses -- all providing their tapes.

Dem/Rep Pres elections too.. swear on the good book if elected and the NSA, DNI-OSI, MAJ12 and others grant you access, you are by this oath compelled to bring forth the truth to the public re EBEs.
Else, you will order the CIA to refer what the truth is after accepting office and likewise do the same to make us aware !!

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join