It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Employees. Are they bussed in also?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I work with a lady who claims that her son who is in the Airforce, works at Area 51. She claims that he is bussed in from Nellis Air Force base. I know that they are flown in from a few locations, but is it true that some are bussed in also? For those of you who are wondering, she says that her son controlls UAV's, but that's all she says to him about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes. They run buses for those who don't want to fly or live close enough to make flying unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Im skeptical IMHO about the whole bussing thing.

In looking at the USGS maps for the entire Nellis range, the roads are all unimproved and taking a bus from anywhere would take 6-8 hours at best and leave the rider pretty much worn out.

It makes far more sence to use aircraft given the relativly small numbers at the base and keep them there for periods of time like they do on the Oil derricks say 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You have a point Fred. I can totaly see how the bus ride would be exhausting on the riders through that area, but does anyone know exactly how long the ride would be from Nellis to Groom Lake?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The bus doesn't go from Nellis. It goes from Alamo and runs a circuit every morning of towns around the Alamo area.

There is absolutely no need to be "sceptical" about the buses, you can go out and see it (there is only one) at the junction of Highway 375 and Groom Lake Road every weekday morning about half past 7. It leaves about half 4 in the afternoon as well.

The passengers get on at unmarked stops along the route. The bus lives outside Alamo Courthouse over night.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
yep i saw the thing roar past us...windows are tinted but i assume full of employees. Also i was told by the owner of the AlienInn that the bus driver will not stop for anything, if you lie down in front of the bus, he is supposedly instructured to RUN YOU OVER and never ever to stop (fear of terrorism or something).

[edit on 23-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
They most certainly get bussed in and the windows of the bus are blackened BOTH WAYS...they cant see out and people cant see in the bus.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
yep i saw the thing roar past us...windows are tinted but i assume full of employees. Also i was told by the owner of the AlienInn that the bus driver will not stop for anything, if you lie down in front of the bus, he is supposedly instructured to RUN YOU OVER and never ever to stop (fear of terrorism or something).

Im not sure about whether he is instructed to run you over but there are plenty of reports of him roaring past and people having to jump out of the way. He also regularly breaks the speed limit in the Alamo area but if you try to keep up, you'll get picked up while he is left alone.

sorry dgtempe but your source is wrong. The windows aren't blacked in any direction never mind in both. They are just tinted to keep out the desert sun.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I know that this topic hasn't gotten much talk, but my coworker told me that her son works at and is bussed from Creech Air Force Base (Formerly Indian Springs Air Force Auxillary Air Field) to Groom Lake.

For those of you who are interested.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The problem with all these stories of my friends mothers son is that these arent primary sources and even if you ignore that, a son probably wont tell his mother exactly what he works on. First of all, hes probably not allowed. Secondly, does 80 year granny really care?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it! the Roads of Nellis as, Fred has said, are mostly dirt roads. The main use of thoes roads is for security vehicals to patrole the area and keep intruders out. I really don't know the origion of the "bus story" (maybe Bob Lazar????), but I seriously doubt that there is anything to it.

Tim

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ghost, are you joking? I mean seriously, you're kidding, right?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I know you have been researching Area 51 for a long time so I figured you knew all about the bus. It is exceedingly well documented. Many people have seen and photographed it, and it was featured on several of the documentaries. I have seen it myself. There are photos avaliable on the Internet. Check out this link:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I hope Ghost is referring solely to a bus from Nellis AFB, as anyone who has spent years researching area 51, as Ghost has, should know about the bus which runs people from the towns in the Alamo area to Groom Lake.

My post above, that of shadowhawk and the dreamaldn resort site are correct.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I hope Ghost is referring solely to a bus from Nellis AFB, as anyone who has spent years researching area 51, as Ghost has, should know about the bus which runs people from the towns in the Alamo area to Groom Lake.

Right Gfad,

That is my point indeed. I have seen video footage of the bus myself. In my video library, I have a clip of the bus cruising down Groom Lake road. The main used of the bus is to shuttle people around at Groom Lake, where it has been sighted a few times picking up people from landing Janet flights as well. However, the bus doesn't run all the way to Nellis and back.

Tim

EDIT: removed non-working link to photo of the Bus

[edit on 4/8/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
The main used of the bus is to shuttle people around at Groom Lake, where it has been sighted a few times picking up people from landing Janet flights as well. However, the bus doesn't run all the way to Nellis and back.

I've never read that before. Do you have a source?

I think the main use of the bus is the obvious, what I described above; ferrying people to and from Alamo and surrounding towns.

And one more thing, who spotted the bus picking people up from the JANET? I think this would be particularly difficult bearing in mind the distance and that the JANET terminal is partially obscured when viewed from Tikaboo Peak.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

Originally posted by Ghost01
The main used of the bus is to shuttle people around at Groom Lake, where it has been sighted a few times picking up people from landing Janet flights as well. However, the bus doesn't run all the way to Nellis and back.

I've never read that before. Do you have a source?

It's on the video tape UFO Diaries, Volume 4, Part 2.

It was created as a more efficient way to get people to their work locations within Area 51. Remember Gfad, the base covers several square miles of space on that lake bed. It's roughly 10 miles long and 6 miles wide for an area of appproxamatly 60sq miles.

Here's a link to the video:

UFO Diaries Volume 4

There are two episodes on the tape, you will find the refrence to the bus in the Second episode, which is called Area 51. They even have a quick clip of the Bus in the video!

Tim

new topics

top topics

join