It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Squad explodes CD player strapped to church pew.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

SANTA FE, New Mexico (AP) -- Three CD players hidden under a cathedral's pews blared sexually explicit language in the middle of an Ash Wednesday Mass, leading a bomb squad to detonate two of the devices.

Authorities determined the music players were not dangerous and kept the third one to check it for clues, said police Capt. Gary Johnson.

The CD players, duct-taped to the bottoms of the pews, were set to turn on in the middle of noon Mass on Wednesday at the Roman Catholic Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi.

Okay, so they hear loud offensive music, so they blow it up. At this point they don't realize realize it's not dangerous, and they blow up another one.

Most people would realize that the offensive music was the gag, and there would be no explosives.

To me, it looks like there is a trend of bad police decisions lately leading to the exploding of a lot of useless crap. If you ask me, these guys have too much time on their hands, and they just like to blow stuff up.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Odd, when the mooninites thing happened people were up in arms. It looks like no one thinks blowing up CD players in church pews is that interesting.

I'll give this a little BUMP and see if someone notices.

join