It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Criticism of ATS All Of A Sudden?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have noticed over the last couple of days that there have been an awful lot of threads criticising ATS. I mean, accusations from ATS being infiltrated by the government to being "cultic" have been posted in the last couple of days. I have seen a couple of threads on here talking about some thread that is propagating a hoax, et cetera. I wonder what iscausing the harsh, and in my opinion undeserved, criticism of ATS of late.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
ATS is definately more commercial now but I guess IT's a natural progression.

We all miss the old ATS but things are cyclical.SO stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
ATS is definately more commercial now but I guess IT's a natural progression.

Well, I mean, there is nothing wrong with popularity... Well, I guess you have to take the bad along with the good. Uh, I do think that it's important that we get our message out there, regardless of whether the general public believes us or not. At least with what the moderators are trying to do now, the info will be in the public psyche.

I suppose the price we will have to pay for that is some, at least in my opinion, undue criticism.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've seen alot of "ATS is run by ______ (aliens, reptiles, cia, fbi, government, monkeys) threads the entire time I've been here. I don't think it's only right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Calm down people...ATS is just growing. Remember. There is a big difference between being alerted and smartly prudent all the time and being paranoid...ATS is growing and naturally changing its nature in an evolutionary way...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it sudden. Accusations of ATS being something or the other is an ongoing thing.

I've seen ATS be accused of being one thing and then be accused of being the very opposite thing the very next week.

ATS is run by Conservatives.
ATS is run by Liberals.
ATS is run by the government.
ATS is run by Reptillians.
ATS is run by Freemasons.
ATS is anti-American.
ATS is pushing disinfo.
ATS is censoring my posts.
ATS is full of crazy people.

It goes on and on and never stops.
And you guys just see the public messages. Never mind the emails and messages sent through the complain feature.

Sometimes it is legitimate concerns that could have been addressed in a better way and sometimes it is just plain old forum trolls.

[edit on 22/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have noticed that as well, not only in the last few days, but in the last
few months as well.

Kuhl is correct, because we have become more widely known,
we have more individuals who are to paranoid/overly conspirital, and
those who just don't like how ATS is run (though why they even join
than is beyond me) joining.

Add that to the fact that ATS is being made so simplistic, than a 5 year
old could use it (and that is a bad thing), you have more unintelligent
people coming around.

I'm not saying that the majority of new members are stupid or any-
thing, but we do seem to have more unintelligent people coming around.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think it is just another credit to our community here that these threads are not immediately scrapped and tabooed. Staff/Admin may not respond to all of these threads, but they allow members to talk about it. Doesn't seem to matter how ridiculous it is, they are free to discuss it.

Talk about censorship!

Sheesh!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We're Getting Too Close To The Truth

That's why they are out to get us.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"O, beware, my lord of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on."

William Shakespeare
Othello (III, iii)

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I wouldn't call it sudden. Accusations of ATS being something or the other is an ongoing thing.

I've seen ATS be accused of being one thing and then be accused of being the very opposite thing the very next week.

ATS is run by Conservatives.
ATS is run by Liberals.
ATS is run by the government.
ATS is run by Reptillians.
ATS is run by Freemasons.
ATS is anti-American.
ATS is pushing disinfo.
ATS is censoring my posts.
ATS is full of crazy people.

It goes on and on and never stops.
And you guys just see the public messages. Never mind the emails and messages sent through the complain feature.

Sometimes it is legitimate concerns that could have been addressed in a better way and sometimes it is just plain old forum trolls.

[edit on 22/2/2007 by Umbrax]

Hmm, That's what you want us to believe don't you UMBRAX? If that's even your name.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I think it is just another credit to our community here that these threads are not immediately scrapped and tabooed. Staff/Admin may not respond to all of these threads, but they allow members to talk about it. Doesn't seem to matter how ridiculous it is, they are free to discuss it.

Talk about censorship!

Sheesh!

Chissler,
, I am not proposing that we censor them. I am just curious as to why there is such an array of accusations about ATS. Now, obviously, some threads are just done tongue in cheek. However, there are a couple of threads that accused ATS of perpetuating hoaxes that seemed very serious to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The accolades far outnumber the criticisms. Especially since the redesign. This place leaves all of the other conspiracy sites in the dust.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
We're Getting Too Close To The Truth

That's why they are out to get us.

Majic, I know you said that somewhat tongue in cheek. However, it's been my historical evaluation that has led me to believe that there is more truth in your statement than you may realize.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It doesn't bother me to read some of the claims

I guess ATS is getting too close to some people that can not take criticism of what they believe or hold dear. . .

Sometimes I feel that the boards are leaning more to one side or topic than the other because is not my topic at that particular time

But then again all you have to do is look at who is posting at the time and then you figure out why is not going your way. . .

It all balance out after a while . . .

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

What say we dissect this sentence and have some fun?

Nah...but it is signature quality.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

As compared to some of the other boards I have seen, this one ranks pretty high on the intelligence level of the posters, in my opinion.

ATS and Fulldisklosure have some of the kindest most intelligent people I have come across on the net. I am not paying lip service,I am just being sincere.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
test

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Chissler,
, I am not proposing that we censor them. I am just curious as to why there is such an array of accusations about ATS.

You missed my, what I thought to be, overt sarcasm. Members constantly complain about the "censorship" here on ATS. I was alluding to the fact that the staff and administrators seem to tolerate a lot of bashing and misguided criticisms. While they could simply trash a lot of these threads, they do not and allow members to voice their displeasure.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
True,Chissler. Most of the moderators here are pretty lenient.. There have been times when I probably would have flagged some of the comments I myself have made, certainly some of the comments that I have seen some other posters make, but, the moderators let us slide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join