It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if nobody paid their bills?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity

Well I say then that the best course of action would be a strike on paying bills. I mean dont pay any bills and everyone would have to take part and as long as we prepared properly and stockpiled enough food I really think we could force them into the corner and isnt there more of us then there is of them? They need people like us to police us but if our actions are not violent what can they do? Put every single person in jail? Imagine if people decided to just not pay there bills out of protest, I really believe this would disrupt their system enough that the few of them there are would lose power. IMO the power they have over us is money and money alone, money buys guns which people use and money buys people which guns need or they are useless.

No. This will not work, and here is why. You have to hit them where it hurts, in the wallet yes, but do it with voting, the very system they attempt to manipulate.

Stopping the flow as it were will not solve the problem that is the misspending of OUR money on useless things like WARS and more GUNS.

Demand paper voting so that the Government cannot ignore you or change what you have voted for. They are the sneakiest cut throats you will ever face and only understand one thing. Power.

You have to take their power by out numbering them with so many votes and voices on every kind of media that they are literately overwhelmed.

No guns. Sheer masses. You can do it. We on ATS can help.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
what exactly is the goal.

Is this a way to overthrow the current gov't and all institutions, banks, schools, police, fire depts, military et al ?

How can you be sure the system put in place after that would be any better ?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There would be a terrible cascade effect. In the end the people you hurt the most would be your neighbors, family and friends.

I am a small business owner with 7 employees at the moment. These 7 people rely on me for all of their income. Small businesses like mine account for most of the jobs in the US. Here is what would happen based on my business.

Payroll is my largest expense. If my customers stopped paying me I could make payroll for about two weeks then I would have to lay them off and close my business. I would not be able to pay my suppliers or creditors most of whom are themselves small businesses. They would in turn have to close their doors and lay off all of their employees.The people who work for them and me would not be able support their families or themselves. They would have no money to spend in other businesses who would also have to shut down and lay everyone off. None of us would be able to buy from the large companies and inflation would go out of control and after a short time they would shut down and lay everyone off. There would be no food on the shelves to buy within 3 to 4 days even if you had money. The rich would not be hurt because they would just sit back and ride out the storm.

In other words we would destroy ourselves. Very bad idea. When you pay a bill you are paying money you owe someone for something you have already received.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What if nobody believed in it anymore? It only holds value because everyone believes that it holds value - beyond this it is only paper, metal, and plastic. What if we finally just came out and said that the emperor is wearing no clothes?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by duckcheney
What if nobody believed in it anymore? It only holds value because everyone believes that it holds value - beyond this it is only paper, metal, and plastic. What if we finally just came out and said that the emperor is wearing no clothes?

Not true. Money is based on productivity. Money is a symbol of the value of your productivity. It would be ludicrous to go back to barter. Try and carry two cows, a horse and a couple of tons of produce in your wallet the next time you go to buy a car.

If you think it is an illusion try surviving without it. No food, no shelter, no clothes (that might be good though in some cases
), no computers, no Internet, no cable TV and no anything else unless you created it yourself, or did it yourself. You could not post here because you would have no ISP or a computer to do it on.

There are places in the US where you can live outside the system. Here in Alaska for instance. It requires expert survival skills and the ability to create, grow or build everything you need. Some people do it but at a great expense. It is a miserable life. I know I tried it once. I was reduced to eating things that would make you gag and spent many nights shivering in the cold.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Free your mind before you try to see - you aren't thinking outside of your little box yet.
As for money representing productivity I don't even buy it. Even the most productive CEOs and CFOs do not warrent the kind of value that they recieve - kind of blows that theory out of the water. No, the world would truely be a different place if money truly equalled productivity - there certainly would not be as many fat cats running amok.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Funny thread.

Somebody spends more than they earn, get into debt and then starts yelling that they're not going to pay their bills.

Instead of moaning so much, how about working at becoming hardworking, thrifty, law-abiding and better off? Then maybe you won't have such trouble paying your bills.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i'm with duckcheney (lol)... money isn't real in a sense! it's just paper and coins. you don't have to earn it. you can, but you can also win it, trade for it, steal it, even make it yourself... there isn't even a static value for money.

as all of us to stop paying our bills. first of all, the people you pay your bills to would have to stop paying theirs as well. you pay bills for a service. so without paying, no service. so you're theorizing a life where we don't use money, or in other words, where we don't have a physical object that we agree to place a value on. in that case we would be a some sort of super communistic society. what does someone do for services? what do we do with the people that choose not to contribute?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
wow...this got off subject, 'theorizing a life where we don't use money'?!?!?! Where did that come from? He's talking about rebelling against the system, slowing it down, putting a kink in it......not recreating a civilization with no money.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by sky1]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Think of this:

I get paid $30 - $40 Australian dollars to pick up dead people.

These dead people can be dead for just a few minutes in a nursing home, all clean and together.

These people can be ripped into five pieces by a car on the side of the road.

These people can be burned to a crisp in a house fire.

These people can be children whose skulls have been blown apart by a parent with a gun.

Long story short, I pick up dead people. Okay?

Dead people are the ULTIMATE TABOO. You know it, and I know it. Some of the jobs I pick up are worth more than $30 - $40 AUS. Trust me.

I do the worst possible job on the planet. I clean up the ultimate mess. Money is worthless at the end of the day.

I am just using my profession as an example.

We do NOT get paid what we are worth. People like us support the lifestyles of the 'fatcats'.

Stand up and kill them all..... then I can pick them up and make $30 - $40 AUS a pop.

Heheheh...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Do you honestly think everyone would give up everything to go be hunter/gatherers and go live in the woods? cause thats what it sounds like you are proposing to me

i'm down for that!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is a crazy topic, but I have a thought. Instead of just not paying your bills, just don't get any to begin with. Don't use money you don't have! I know someone said it earlier, but that is the fact of the matter. It all comes down to that. You have used a service that these people provided knowing that you would be charged for it. If you don't like it, don't use it. Use candle power, live in a tent, hunt for food. Live like people originally started. I wish I could do it, it's definitely a worthy skill. People pay bills because they want comfort and luxury, simple as that. It's not something to start a revolution over!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Black
This is what happens when you dont pay your bills.............

Eviction notice gets put on door or house gets forclosed on

Car gets repossesed

electric gets turned off

Water gets shut off

Phone gets shut off

And the list goes on........................

This has to be the most ridiculous thread i have yet to see

Where I live it would be very easy to find a nice spot in the middle of nowhere and build a house with plumbing and supply my own power. They sell solar panels and all kinds of easy ways to generate electricity and building a water filtration system isnt to difficult either if you properly research how to. Grow my own organic's and hunt my own meat or have a small animal farm to suit my needs. I would have to sacrifice things like cable tv and internet but I would still have many luxurys and live comfortable.

I prefer to live in normal society where I hope decency and good intentions make the agenda but it just doesnt seem that way. My idea might not be the best but I think its something to think about and discuss how all our money and work seems to be wasted on death and destruction while 60% or more of the Earth lives in poverty but the 90% of the wealth is controlled by less than 10% of us!

Yes we wouldnt actually have to resort to "Hunting and Gathering" per say.
With our technological advancements of late will make it easier to live without being part of society.
My point is the idea that enough people would choose this option in order to stop a corrupt govt just wouldnt work very well in my opnion

[edit on 2/23/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sky1
wow...this got off subject, 'theorizing a life where we don't use money'?!?!?! Where did that come from? He's talking about rebelling against the system, slowing it down, putting a kink in it......not recreating a civilization with no money.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by sky1]

how is this off subject? if everyone decided not to pay bills, then what good would money be? so yeah, you would force a new system. without money, how do you expect to get any service?

if one person doesn't pay their phone bill, that person's phone gets shut off. if NO ONE pays their phone bill, the phone company goes out of business. they all get shut off.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge

Do you honestly think everyone would give up everything to go be hunter/gatherers and go live in the woods? cause thats what it sounds like you are proposing to me

i'm down for that!

If that picture is really you then come live in the woods with me hot stuff

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This question is just downright silly and rather immature, in my opinion. Why do you feel this would be justified? Why do you think this would be a big kick in the face to the government?

YOU are the one that decided to buy crap you don't need with your credit card.

YOU are the one that chose to hook your dwelling up with electricity and heat/cool/light your house.

YOU are the one that makes phone calls

Why should the people that provided you with these services suffer because you are too irresponsible to pay what you owe? And how is this going to hurt the government???

I'd like to think that most people in this world are hard-working honest people who take pride in being able to take care of their debt and handle their money responsibly. I know I do.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
This question is just downright silly and rather immature, in my opinion. Why do you feel this would be justified? Why do you think this would be a big kick in the face to the government?

YOU are the one that decided to buy crap you don't need with your credit card.

YOU are the one that chose to hook your dwelling up with electricity and heat/cool/light your house.

YOU are the one that makes phone calls

Why should the people that provided you with these services suffer because you are too irresponsible to pay what you owe? And how is this going to hurt the government???

I'd like to think that most people in this world are hard-working honest people who take pride in being able to take care of their debt and handle their money responsibly. I know I do.

NO I could easily hook up my house so I dont need power and NO I dont own any credit cards, they are the biggest scam goin. I live a very low expense life and I have a decent job building houses so I could easily conform to the system and live an ignorantly blissful life but I hate the system and the way it treats people so I will look to any idea I can to disrupt their agenda and help anyone who is against them.

Did you know there was a man who wanted to build a wind-mill electric generator in some town I forget the name of and give the townspeople free electricity but the power company took legal action and the man was not allowed to do that instead he paid their bills for 10 years. I will try to find a link to that story but it did happen and shows how much greed is in control. Rather then have a city off the grid and saving power which is god for the environment they force people to buy thier product and thats what angers me.

I am not talking about not paying people for stuff like food and essentials, I am talking about not paying bills to big companies like taxes and power bills which are totaly inflated and ripping people off. Credit cards and insurance can take a hike to but I would still pay money or trade goods for things would need to survive.

It sickens me how dependant our society is on these life sucking parasites who think they know whats best for us and do terrible things like test biological weopons on their own people! The freaking CIA sells your kids the drugs they OD on and people dont march down to the headquarters in million strong groups and demand justice? I guess as a whole our society is weak minded and gulible to what ever they say is best for us so maby its for the best they control everything you do? I personaly would rather die living free then live by their rules knowing our planet is taking a nosedive towards mass extinction which they probably want and have planned.

The way things are going are not getting us anywhere but more death and destruction so something has to be done and I am open to suggestions? Maby my idea needs to be refined or just wouldnt work but something has to!

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Slickinfinity]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Please pay your bills! How ever don't pay Federal Taxes that create a bloated centralized gov't. Pay local taxes but keep your schools in check. Does your school need a swimming pool? Does it need a recording studio? A film department? No it doesn't. How ever every kid should be made to learn the Acts of Parliament or congress that create you countries constitution, bill of rights, the magna carta, etc. They should be aware of the very rights they have and the ones the gov't legislates away.
A course involving a black's law dictionary is the ultimate text book.

Remember your gas taxes pay for roads, property taxes pay for schools & local police & fire dept's. You provincial & state taxes pay for health care, parks. The feds just steal for the war machine & coporate welfare.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The camel towed your Worship right into Manhattan Island postulating a lengthy and inhibited redefinition of several factors, explicably the fact that a group of people that have found themselves within the bounds of an Empirical Order that encompasses so large a percentage of people categorized within this JUDGMENT/JUDGMENT conjecture leaving room for a very harmful perpetrator to cast a very harmful influence because we the people forgive smites, therefore we may be able to forgive this seemingly tricky debt (because for the most part, it can’t be evaluated) and we can also forgive this JUDGMENT upon Jerusalem by the Roman Authority disguised as the honeydew of picking up DEMOCRACY/CAPITALISM and TWO PHRASES that are guaranteed to leave its captive agents within a catch 22. Right now your party is sitting right at about catch 21.6, but have those representing the terms really been thinking within the context of a forced perception or has the real meaning of its ideological definition been purposefully stored out of recognition somewhere behind waiting for a return from the milkman or mailman and what exactly is the difference? If a bully walks down the street takes a left at the first corner and then a right at the next corner, finds a couple of adults to club over the head and brings them back to the sandbox and announces that the “TWO ZOMBIES are now your parents”, are they really your parents? Is a society capable of existing within the terms of a government that profits abundantly from secretly seeking out and disabling every possible form of pleasure, selfishness and ingratitude within the unperceived existence of a currency designed to act like a stake placed next to and tied to a newly growing tree?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I was asking what if a whole lot of people decided as a group through organizing protest to stop paying bills like not just a few but millions of people or else it wouldn’t really effect the powers that control things.

Millions of people are already not paying their bills. The end result is everyone that does pay their bills pays more to make up the difference. Now the reward for not paying is getting to pay higher interest rates when you need to barrow money and a poor credit report. Credit reports also keep others in line. They make it so that you will pay your bills else you will be reported as a stiff and have to pay more. Credit reports are not only being used by banks and creditors but employers and insurance companies. Employers to judge your character and to see how responsible you are. Insurance companies use them to set your rates knowing that people with bad credit tend to have issues that make them poor risks. So that is what happens when millions don't pay their bills.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join