It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God became manifest in human form

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

God is manifest in all creation.

Gods energy prevades in all forms of life, human, to plant, to animal.

Some creation is aligned with the light and some with the dark.

What I dont agree,

This is simply choice, not due to creation.

Man is not created sinfull, man is created equal.

Its the lesson he learns in life that eventualy leads to mans fate.
Social, physcological, influences.
Deep

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sin is a Myth, it's an excuse some Religious fart created to make people feel guilty and unworthy of being loved.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Sin is a Myth, it's an excuse some Religious fart created to make people feel guilty and unworthy of being loved.

I'll agree to that. Sin = basic rules to live by. (in a perfect world)

Pride - Everyone says be proud of what you do..take pride in your work. It's a sin. Don't do it.

Envy - Wow Bob, I really envy you. You have the nicest car on the block. Damn, I just sinned.

Gluttony - Can you say All-You-Can-Eat buffet? Damn. I just sinned for $8.99.

Lust - This one I am guilty of daily. What a shame. I think it goes hand in hand with love though....

Anger - If a person never showed any anger, how would they ever know love, or any other emotion. Serenity now....serenity now.

Greed - This one, I can say is bad, but it does happen in a lot of subtle ways.

Sloth - I would comment on this but...I'm going to put it off until tomorrow....or next week. Who am I kidding...I'll never get around to it.

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
OK...God is made of the three, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-3 in one.

You have to remember that religion, any religion or belife, is based on faith. You must have faith that this happened.

Jesus will not be coming back in human form in the first place, atleast that's what it says in the Bible.

All of Revelation speaks of Jesus coming back at Judgement Day but not in human form.

However, we needed to kill Jesus when he came as a man in order to keep with the prophesy to be forgiven.

What I don't understand (and I am a Christian) is that Jesus COULD NOT sin or else it would have all been pointless. So when he said 'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?' didn't he doubt God and be angry with God in some way? Otherwise he wouldn't have said or thought that.

What more then why do we have communion? If we're already forgiven why do we have to be forgiven again?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FunkTSkunk
OK...God is made of the three, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-3 in one.

You have to remember that religion, any religion or belife, is based on faith. You must have faith that this happened.

Jesus will not be coming back in human form in the first place, atleast that's what it says in the Bible.

All of Revelation speaks of Jesus coming back at Judgement Day but not in human form.

However, we needed to kill Jesus when he came as a man in order to keep with the prophesy to be forgiven.

What I don't understand (and I am a Christian) is that Jesus COULD NOT sin or else it would have all been pointless. So when he said 'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?' didn't he doubt God and be angry with God in some way? Otherwise he wouldn't have said or thought that.

What more then why do we have communion? If we're already forgiven why do we have to be forgiven again?

Ok, I agree Jesus probably won't come back as a human being however he may have to in order to prevent massses of people from freaking out. We probably wont look human after we die either. But we may have the power to if we so choose.

I want to ask you a question, Is Sex a Sin? If Yes why is it? And if its a Sin why are we having sex? And if it's not a Sin then Why didn't Jesus have sex? After all, God created it and he created Human Beings to enjoy it not just to procreate therefore ... well, you get my point

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
-never mind- don't even want to answer the idea that sin is just a myth.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14).
Christ is truly man and, as man, truly the "icon of the invisible God" (Col. 1:15, 1 Cor. 11:7, 2 Cor. 4:4).

Christ came because of: (1) God's love towards the human race: "For so God loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son" (John 3:16);
(2) the restoration of the image and likeness of God in fallen man;
(3) the salvation of human souls: "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved" (John 3:17).

"Holy Father, keep through Thine own name those whom Thou hast given Me,
that they may be one,
as We are . . . Neither pray I for these alone,
but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;
That they all may be one;
as Thou, Father,
art in Me,
and I in Thee,
that they also may be one in Us" (John 17:11; 20-21).

Christ Himself said that He would build the Church (cf. Matt. 16:18).

Christ Himself likened Church unity to the organic unity of a tree with its branches (cf. Rom. 11:17,24).

The Apostle Paul spoke in great detail concerning the organic unity of the Church.
He also compared the Church to a tree, but more often, the Apostle Paul refers to the Church as a "body" - soma. Referring to the Church as a "body" immediately implies its unity, for two bodies cannot be organically joined to one another.
This term also indicates the special character of the unification of the members who enter into the composition of the Church.
The image of the "body" in application to the Church is beautifully revealed by the Apostle Paul.
All who enter in the Church are members separately, but together comprise one body in Christ (cf. Rom. 12:5; 1 Cor. 12:20).
The body is one, but it has many members and all are members of one body; although they be many, they compose one body.
The body is not composed of one member, but of many. If the leg says, "I do not belong to the body because I am not an arm," does it then in actual fact not belong to the body?
And if the ear will say, "I do not belong to the body because I am not an eye," does it then not belong to the body?

God arranged each of the members of the body as it was pleasing to Him (cf. 1 Cor. 12:12; 12:16-18) just as we have many members in one body,
not all members have the same function (cf. Rom. 12:4).
The eye cannot say to the arm, "you are not necessary to me,"
nor can the head say such a thing to the legs.
God proportioned the body of mutually interdependent parts, but all members are equally responsive to one another.
Thus, if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one of the members becomes great, all the members rejoice with it (1 Cor. 12:21, 24-26, 27; cf. Rom. 12:6, 9).

stmaryofegypt.org...

It was precisely during this last Passover Meal with His disciples that Jesus revealed Himself as the Fulfillment of all that the Jews had both remembered and anticipated.
He was the final passover lamb,

"the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

The breaking of the bread pointed to the imminent breaking of His own body and the shedding of His own blood on the Cross,
"for you and for many, for the remission of sins."
He was the ultimate deliverance from all bondage.
He was the new and final Passover, the Passover from death to life and from earth to heaven (Ode 1, Paschal Canon).

The Last Supper was the institution of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, the Divine Liturgy,
At the meal, Jesus Himself had instructed the disciples to "do this in remembrance of Me" (1 Corinthians 11:24

If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. (John 13:14-15)

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
-never mind- don't even want to answer the idea that sin is just a myth.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

Why? Is the thought that your not a sinner a scary thing for you?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
God is the MATRIX of mankind

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
He is not of the earth so he must be alien.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
To be honest, the sin and sex thing was a good well, whatever the hell it was.

This is hwta I've been taught: Sex in a sin unless you are married. As to why it is a sin I suppose it would be because it leads to nasty situations.

The only problem there is that even when you're married it can lead to nasty situations.

Not to mention not being married and having sex can also lead to good situations.

Then, there would be the 10 commandments and the one closely referring to sex would be do not commit adultery, right?

Oh hell, I've got a headache now. I think God has something he's hiding from us on purpose...

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkTSkunk
To be honest, the sin and sex thing was a good well, whatever the hell it was.

This is hwta I've been taught: Sex in a sin unless you are married. As to why it is a sin I suppose it would be because it leads to nasty situations.

The only problem there is that even when you're married it can lead to nasty situations.

Not to mention not being married and having sex can also lead to good situations.

Then, there would be the 10 commandments and the one closely referring to sex would be do not commit adultery, right?

Oh hell, I've got a headache now. I think God has something he's hiding from us on purpose...

Well geez, Abraham had a million Concubines and as for the rest of them sheesh, hide the Sheep!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Umm I would say yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join