It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting new source of power from the aussies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Recalling earlier issues concerning new power sources, I stumbled across the most interesting (and actually effective mind you) new source of power in the November 18, 2002 issue of Time magazine.

It is a section on "coolest inventions" of 2002 and it's by our good friends the Australians

They are preparing to spend 800 million dollars to construct a vast 20,000 acre greenhouse, to trap and heat air. The greenhouse is topped by a "colossal tower" that is 1km high, located in the middle. The heated air inside the green house will rise up the "chimney" and turn tubines that will be able to power 200,000 homes.

I think that is pretty cool, especially since it can have a dual purpose
it can act as a farm too. I am also wondering if any of our Austrailian members have heard anything about this?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yes, I beleive that that was in the last week's editon. If it works, it should prove to be very interesting, and useful. It can turn that desert of theirs into useful farmland, and they can either sell the tech to other countries, or share it. Lots of other interesting inventions too. I recommend Time magazine to anybody who can receive it, a very informative magazine with vayring views.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Interesting.

You know, that might be quite doable on a very small (individual) scale. And it'd certainly be useful here in Texas, where we have attics that get hot in the summer.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hmm I was just thinking further about it, and I know 1 km isn't too high, but history shows every time we move stuff around we mess up the world
I wonder what in a sense funnling HUGE amounts of hot air 1km into the atmosphere will do for the local weather paterns?

Probably not much, is it when cold air is trapped on top of hot air that it gets really smoggy? Maybe this will also help clean up all that smog.
(by clean I mean blow it away, knowing our luck it'd be blown to the heart land
..)

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Actually, that IS an interesting point. I do know that our cities are "heat islands" where the temperature's much hotter than in the surrounding countrisides. This has an impact on weather patterns.

Interesting. I wonder if they did any modeling on it?

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Time said that they should start next year sometime I think, so I'm HOPING that they take all weather possabilities into consideration, for good of all of us.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Maybe is easier to think if you are upside down

The Lutec 1000 is the first free energy machine to be developed to commercial stage anywhere in the world.

Lutec Australia

But you can do-it-yourself as well

Featured in the now defunct publication Science and Mechanics magazine, Spring 1980 edition, it took five and a half years from the date of the original filing and many legal battles with the patent office to get it approved as they have a "policy" (due to so many fraudulent submissions) of not patenting any device which in any way resembles perpetual motion or over unity. Our assurance that this is no hoax.

Free Energy

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 06:47 PM
link   
hehe a greenhouse contributing to the greenhouse effect j/k

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well damn it I thought up of that Lutec device on my OWN!!!! Ugh yet another case of me not being born early enough to put out all my great ideas.

If I were born in Before Christ we'd be to other solar systems by now

And I'm not kiding, I thought up that exact same device, using permanent magnets to cause a shaft to spin which was what turns the generator. In my mind though I was sure it would be the perpetual motion device and thus not be dooable, though I wanted to try anyways....apparently though the ones they've made only last about 1200 years.

Still....how annoying, and yet, uplifting, to know one of my ideas would have actually worked
I wonder if that means my idea for an interstellar modem will work?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think you should go ahead and build the device!

I think you'll be in for a surprise...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah we were just discussing thermodynamics today, and it dawned on me that there is more reason to believe that it's a hoax than not.

HOWEVER! Also during thermo dynamics I HAVE INVENTED A NEW SOURCE FOR FREE ENERGY!

Well sorta, and it is just an idea. But of course as an item falls due to gravity it is losing potential energy as kenetic energy no? SO! You rig a device of ions, they are attracted upwards by a permanent magnet, or something, I'll figure out what the magnet would need to do to draw up the ions and then let them over to the other chamber where they fall. The falling ions would lose their potential energy or whatever.

Now I only need to figure out how to gather that released energy, how to make it enough to power even a light bulb, and how to get it so the ions don't just stick to the magnet o.O

Ions, polar molecules whatever, I did just come up with this like in 5 minutes you know

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:16 AM
link   
i think you should pass this over to the sci tech forum, you might get some suggestions.

- qo.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by quiet one
i think you should pass this over to the sci tech forum, you might get some suggestions.

- qo.

It is not exactly sci-tech problem. It is much more spiritual than scientific research.

To build free energy device or interstellar modem, first you should follow that simple recipe.

1. Find a nice empty place somewhere close to the high trees
2. Carefully remove all what you know out of your mind and put on the grass
3. Throw away all moral, dogmas, religions or any philosophical systems keeping your knowledge in order
4. Close your eyes
5. Clean your mind
6. Now look for the high tree � in your old knowledge there is no answer how is possible for the leaf on the top of the tree to get water from the roots. Capillary effect � no.
7. Is now time to review every single piece of knowledge � elements of your new religion and morality of all-is-life universe. Bible, Qumran and whole holy fiction books are not important anymore as the answer for your fundamental questions.

Following that simple procedure you are much closer to the new paradigm. And all that wars around are about that system which will destroy that world order as we know.

The world of new paradigm is not a simple heaven for all. Only free energy may cause total economical apocalypse.

The name of that war in old fiction story �Bible� was Armageddon.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Lutec!

Why are we again being threatened with more nuclear power stations and yet more abusing of the Earth for minerals and gas and suchlike, when this Lutec is out there commercially.

That and the rest of the renewable energy sources.

Anyone used a Lutec yet or know someone that has?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Gee, hope 'Lutec' doesn't turn out to be Luciferian Technology Co.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well it sounds like a great idea and I hope it works. I use to work in a green house, and I know how hot they can get. But if your going to use it to grow crops, you also going to half to heat it on cold nights. There are huge wind farms on the west coast of the US. So I guess now mabe a green house could be built benieth the wind farms.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There's a system known as heat-exchange that many countries that do a lot of greenhouse / hothouse growing use. Basicly it takes the otherwise wasted heat and re-uses it. Well established so I won't bother going into it here.

As for Lutec being Luciferian..........compared to what?!! Mining the Earth and then refining and then burning as fuel what we mined - like we do now.......like what is powering all our computers (except those who switched to some ecologically sourced electricity provider or otherwise use their own renewable power supplies)?!

new topics

top topics

join