It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly released document reveals UK Ministry of Defence is interested in UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A newly released document, marked "Secret UK Eyes A", reveals that the UK Ministry of Defence is interested in UFO's. It tells the story of the Ministry of Defence's decision to investigate the threat they might pose and whether alien military technology could be used in the defence of the realm. They also reveal the conflicting attitudes within Whitehall to the subject and the lengths that officials went to in order to keep the project secret.

The documents, many marked "Secret UK Eyes A", lay out the rationale for the three-year Project Condign report which analysed more than 10,000 possible UFO sightings collected over several decades - many from military personnel. The existence of the 460-page report was revealed last year following freedom of information requests by David Clarke, a lecturer in journalism at Sheffield Hallam University, and his colleague Gary Anthony. It was more FOI sleuthing on their part that turned up the current slew of papers.
The documents show that the internal lobbying effort for a UFO study began in 1993. In a briefing note from the secret UFO investigation branch of Defence Intelligence - called DI55 - an unnamed author wrote: "The national security implications are considerable. We have many reports of strange objects in the skies and we have never investigated them.

Link to complete Guardian article

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good to hear they're taking UFOs seriously. I would think all major Governments would considering UFOs are flying objects of unknown origin in their air space. It's just common sense. Why they don't publicly admit that I don't understand...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Very interesting link, thanks for sharing.

If the Government are taking UFO's seriously enough to spend money and time investigating, then they are to be commended. However, I suspect their reluctance to publicise is as political as much as anything else.

For every one person you tell about an interest in UFO's who takes you seriously, you get at least two or more who think it's hilarious. This is never going to be a vote winner for our Government. I can imagine the tabloid headlines: "Blair wastes £80k tax payers money on UFO investigation!". The questions that would be asked in Parliament about the justification for spending this money would probably be very embarassing.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't think politicians have the balls to come out and say what they really think a lot of the time.

Grey

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Towards the end of the Guardian article it states that Project Condign was not allowed [by its superiors one would assume] to interview witnesses or even talk to experts. How ridiculas is that. It suggests that who ever is in the know, knows. And the lobbyists can just keep lobbying.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hm, even the UK now reveals that UFOs are real. I mean ... if the MoD has docs on that topic and is interested in them...

And then we have france, who's CNES will also reveal it's UFO archive (but then again...i'm still waiting to see the archive, i've been to their website and did not find anything...)

I'm wondering why the US is not disclosing...

If somebody knows anything about any country in the world which has already disclosed ufos, feel free to send me a U2U and please a link

new topics

top topics

join