It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I go to the grocery store to buy nine items.....and they give me twelve freakin' bags!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I swear these damn grocery stores should pay fines for littering the environment with plastic bags. Yeah, ultimately it's the consumer who actually does the littering, but grocery stores contribute when they give you nine bags for crap that will all fit in two. These idiot baggers are literally putting two cans of soup per plastic bag.......that's it!!! I could fit fifteen cans in that bad boy. I can understand them putting meats in to separate bags because people don't want that chicken juice running all over the rest of their groceries, but to just waste like that is beyond me. Then if I ask them to fit it all in as few bags as possible they look at me as if it's an insult to their bagging abilities.

Just another reason for me to hate grocery shopping.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Next time you go to the grocery store do what I do and bag the groceries yourself, problem eliminated.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I can relate. I bring my own bags to the store. I have reusable canvas bags that I take with me and it helps some. If I know everything can fit in one bag, I hand them one bag. They usually comply and put it all in the one bag.

I live in an environmentally conscious area though.

Once when I was not in an environmentally aware area I went shopping and took my bags with me. I handed my canvas bag to the cashier and I swear to GOD, she took it from me, put it in a plastic bag, and handed it back to me!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Overkill....it is what we have done to the planet and each other:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I remember when I was 16 and was a bag boy at a store and they just began offering plastic bags. We had to ask the customers paper or plastic as they were so new.

They even tried to teach us to sell them as being better for the environment as they didn't use as many trees as a brown bag.

What is funny is that the paper was recycleable and the plastic bags are one of the leading causes of packing the landfills so I have heard.

Maybe this was an oil/plastics industry conspiracy??

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah..it would be a big business (oil/plastics and/or other) agenda that let it happen.

You know... 'tell the little people it's good for the environment/planet, they'll buy it'. And like the stupid sheep that some of used to be, or still are, we consume and use these things.

Big business is to blame for the raping of the planet by telling the consumer we need the products and providing them to us.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah we should all buy the environmental shopping bags

Problem is you forget to take them with you when shopping.I now have a room full of these bags.

I think I`ll go and throw them all in a creek!

(Dave Hughs)

Just joking,the environmental bags are the way to go,buy enough to cover your shopping and also it solves the problems with them breaking and spilling your groceries.

The only reason to keep with the plastic bags to me would be,if they were all we used in place of house hold garbage bags.

But we shouldn`t even do that,I`ll look for environmental garbage bags from now on.

Fair rant Dr Love.

new topics

top topics

join